ScoMo's Holiday Outrage

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
This could've been in the Grind My Gears thread, but I'm interested in a wider discussion about this.

Now, I'm a fan of ScoMo, however, I'm really trying to see this outrage from an unbiased perspective, and I just don't see it.

Our Prime Minister is flesh and blood, human, like the rest of us. He is also a man who is strong, and open. He is doing his best to do a fair job (which is by no means easy) and, and as far as I'm concerned, is the best PM we've had since John Howard.

People are outraged that he went on a holiday. Why? He is entitled to go on a holiday. There are ALWAYS going to be problems in the country, and he has every right to go on a holiday and take a break like the rest of us. What can he do, what possible difference will it make if he's here in the country or not? His physical presence here in Australia will not stop the nation from burning. It will not make the slightest bit of difference whether he is here or not, and he is NOT deserting us, he is simply going on a vacation.

If he decides to visit the affected areas after his holiday is over, is that so bad? He's still doing the deed, just at a later date.

I'm sorry if you disagree, but the way I see this is people who complain over this are people who most likely didn't vote for him in the first place, people who are upset with what has happened to their homes/land (hey, we are one country, it affects us all), and people who just like to whine and complain - like vegans.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
This could've been in the Grind My Gears thread, but I'm interested in a wider discussion about this.

Now, I'm a fan of ScoMo, however, I'm really trying to see this outrage from an unbiased perspective, and I just don't see it.

Our Prime Minister is flesh and blood, human, like the rest of us. He is also a man who is strong, and open. He is doing his best to do a fair job (which is by no means easy) and, and as far as I'm concerned, is the best PM we've had since John Howard.

People are outraged that he went on a holiday. Why? He is entitled to go on a holiday. There are ALWAYS going to be problems in the country, and he has every right to go on a holiday and take a break like the rest of us. What can he do, what possible difference will it make if he's here in the country or not? His physical presence here in Australia will not stop the nation from burning. It will not make the slightest bit of difference whether he is here or not, and he is NOT deserting us, he is simply going on a vacation.

If he decides to visit the affected areas after his holiday is over, is that so bad? He's still doing the deed, just at a later date.

I'm sorry if you disagree, but the way I see this is people who complain over this are people who most likely didn't vote for him in the first place, people who are upset with what has happened to their homes/land (hey, we are one country, it affects us all), and people who just like to whine and complain - like vegans.
I think people had mistaken him for Tony Abbott who was actually a fire fighter haha. In all seriousness though, remember when Tony Abbott was fighting fires and lefties attacked him for staging a political stunt. You can’t win.

The timing of his holiday wasn’t great but I understand he has important meetings overseas coming up too.
When is a good time to take a holiday with your young family as PM?
ie when is there nothing going on in Australia or involving Australians. We always have floods, fires, cyclones, the NZ volcano disaster, terror attacks etc.
He had a deputy. Do we want him to have a break or just burn out? (pardon the pun).
He did the right thing coming back but I’m sick of these pathetic lefties personally attacking everyone they disagree with. They literally sit there waiting for something to protest about or someone to attack. Get a life and a job

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
He did the right thing coming back but I’m sick of these pathetic lefties personally attacking everyone they disagree with. They literally sit there waiting for something to protest about or someone to attack. Get a life and a job
Couldn't have put it better myself!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its a free shot for these lefties to blame someone to be honest its been way over the top ,there is a process and a chain of command in these situations,all these idiots expect scomo to do a rain dance and put the fires out fmd

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The question is, would you have a problem with it if Shorten or Albanese had gone on holidays during the same event?

I can see both sides, nothing really changes if Morrison goes on holiday, there'd be enough senior leadership around to make decisions and I'm sure he'd be in contact most days BUT during this kind of event you do want your PM around at least looking proactive and showing leadership.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The question is, would you have a problem with it if Shorten or Albanese had gone on holidays during the same event?

I can see both sides, nothing really changes if Morrison goes on holiday, there'd be enough senior leadership around to make decisions and I'm sure he'd be in contact most days BUT during this kind of event you do want your PM around at least looking proactive and showing leadership.
Only if they promised never to come back haha. In all honesty though, no I wouldn’t. It is Christmas and not in the middle of parliament

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
My take is the timing was off for him.

Most anyone could see a holiday would not be received well by the 60 odd percent of voters who aren't Liberal voters.

Very few begrudged a holiday. It was his third for the year as a matter of fact tho.

It was the subterfuge and lying by the PM'S staff that blew it all up. No announcement that that Nats guy was running the show and denying he was in Hawaii to The Guardian then other news outlets. I guess they wanted to jump on him because of the journo raids etc.

Wahesh when you say flesh and blood like us. Sorry but he just seems like a smartie with that smirk and grabbing that pregnant womans hand to shake when she clearly didnt want to interact with him and also the sitting firefighter who didnt want to shake hands. He turned his back and showed no empathy. Said the firefighters funeral was tremendous? Said it was a mark of how terrible the fires were that dairy farmers had no power and therefore had tipped out their milk. Its things like that that he has taken a beating on. If it was another PM either Labor or Liberal, and they'd been involved in as many stuff ups, they would be copping it as well. He just doesn't show any leadership IMO. If anything Murdoch gives him a leg up so he has had it pretty good till now.

Remember Ditch the Witch rallies and the Australia Day where Gillard had to be protected by security guards from angry indigenous protestors.

It comes with the job.

He has been PM for a bit over a year? and achieved so little with his lack of policies? and you feel he has achieved more than Rudd, Gillard, Abbott and Turnbull. I can only assume you are basing that purely and solely on personal political preference and not policy decisions and achievements.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's not the holiday, it's his office lying about it.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Looking pro active how? Also, my boss is based out of the US, never met him face to face, he still shows leadership.

In this day and age of technology and the global economy there's not alot you can do onsite that you cant do offsite. He isnt personally running and overseeing everything, he has delegates that do that and report back into him. He could be anywhere in the world and it wouldnt make a difference.

Lets just call it for what it is, lefties and labour supporters thinking its a free kick for them as, well as victims that are angry and upset and want to be able to blame someone, so they blame the gumment, and by extension ScoMo. Honestly the rubbish I have read on social media is astounding and alot of them should be embarrassed at the way they are carrying on.

Nexus

Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not the holiday, it's his office lying about it.
So if they had of said straight out that he was in Hawaii you would have no problem?

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Looking pro active how? Also, my boss is based out of the US, never met him face to face, he still shows leadership.

In this day and age of technology and the global economy there's not alot you can do onsite that you cant do offsite. He isnt personally running and overseeing everything, he has delegates that do that and report back into him. He could be anywhere in the world and it wouldnt make a difference.

Lets just call it for what it is, lefties and labour supporters thinking its a free kick for them as, well as victims that are angry and upset and want to be able to blame someone, so they blame the gumment, and by extension ScoMo. Honestly the rubbish I have read on social media is astounding and alot of them should be embarrassed at the way they are carrying on.
Politics is the business of public opinion. Most people like to see their elected officials being proactive.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So if they had of said straight out that he was in Hawaii you would have no problem?
If they said he was on holidays, that would be ok.

I don't care were they go. We don't have to know his holiday destinations.

Nexus

Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Politics is the business of public opinion. Most people like to see their elected officials being proactive.
Yeah, once again, how in this case?

I would like to believe that people at least know what they are whinging about

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My take is the timing was off for him.

Most anyone could see a holiday would not be received well by the 60 odd percent of voters who aren't Liberal voters.

Very few begrudged a holiday. It was his third for the year as a matter of fact tho.

It was the subterfuge and lying by the PM'S staff that blew it all up. No announcement that that Nats guy was running the show and denying he was in Hawaii to The Guardian then other news outlets. I guess they wanted to jump on him because of the journo raids etc.

Wahesh when you say flesh and blood like us. Sorry but he just seems like a smartie with that smirk and grabbing that pregnant womans hand to shake when she clearly didnt want to interact with him and also the sitting firefighter who didnt want to shake hands. He turned his back and showed no empathy. Said the firefighters funeral was tremendous? Said it was a mark of how terrible the fires were that dairy farmers had no power and therefore had tipped out their milk. Its things like that that he has taken a beating on. If it was another PM either Labor or Liberal, and they'd been involved in as many stuff ups, they would be copping it as well. He just doesn't show any leadership IMO. If anything Murdoch gives him a leg up so he has had it pretty good till now.

Remember Ditch the Witch rallies and the Australia Day where Gillard had to be protected by security guards from angry indigenous protestors.

It comes with the job.

He has been PM for a bit over a year? and achieved so little with his lack of policies? and you feel he has achieved more than Rudd, Gillard, Abbott and Turnbull. I can only assume you are basing that purely and solely on personal political preference and not policy decisions and achievements.
A lot of actual happenings you raised.

Best PM since howard? Lol get stuffed. Howard was a war criminal.

The PMO denied that he was on vacation, then they denied he was in Hawaii and that he was in new York, then they threatened media with less access to the PM if the media reported on it.

To list other things you missed, people who lost their homes are ok because the Australian cricket team are going to do so great and win!!! Yes he actually said that cricket will cheer up people who've lost their homes.

The BLATANT HYPOCRISY when he attacked another minister for going to dinner during a victorian emergency years ago.

Forced hand shakes

Claiming he increased $11million in spending for aircraft when it was already in the budget before the fires

Saying that volunteers wont get paid because volunteers want to be there

One week saying volunteers won't be paid and the very next week saying public servant volunteers will be paid and that they were planning it.

Meanwhile in the past we had shorten staying at beaconsfield waiting for the miners to be saved.

We had Albanese caught at woolies buying drinks and food out of his own pocket.

Even a token gesture is enough to show EMPATHY, to show that you're there with people, to stop and listen to people abusing you, let them take out their frustrations they've lost everything.

And all the while LYING about Australia's emissions, we've increased emissions and the numbers dont lie but scummo does.

To take a holiday ou of the country with ravaging bushfires, regardless if shit is delegated or not, just shows a complete lack of human compassion

Nexus

Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If they said he was on holidays, that would be ok.

I don't care were they go. We don't have to know his holiday destinations.
Ok, so how in this case does it affect you once bit that they said he wasnt in hawaii when he was? How did that affect your life?

In the case of politics and lies this is pretty bloody minor.

Like I said earlier, people will grab onto anything, no matter how minor, to justify their irrational biased opinion.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

I'd like to see half of them get told they can't go on holidays imagine the out rage, news reporting these days is journos look at Twitter to see who's outraged it's like these clowns who carry on and demand the government does something about climate change saying it all their fault when it's us the people who feed these industries

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ok, so how in this case does it affect you once bit that they said he wasnt in hawaii when he was? How did that affect your life?

In the case of politics and lies this is pretty bloody minor.

Like I said earlier, people will grab onto anything, no matter how minor, to justify their irrational biased opinion.
Why do you care what I think.

You don't like me, so my thoughts won't change that.

Seems like you want me to go off on a rant.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No I wouldn't have. It would have been a factual, honest response to the situation.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its a free shot for these lefties to blame someone to be honest its been way over the top ,there is a process and a chain of command in these situations,all these idiots expect scomo to do a rain dance and put the fires out fmd
Agree. The brain dead also forget that bushfires are controlled by the States, not the Federal Govt.
Morrison has provided more finance than ever, and has provided help from the Navy and Army.