Status
Not open for further replies.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Too late to cancel em now..already paid for..But yes they are a Waste of money..overdone..always have been.. The old cry big events like the fireworks are good for the economy is overstated.. Pfft You don’t need such a lavish show.. You could put on a show for a third of the price and the sheep would stills flock to the harbour and watch it..

Just a note..from what I’ve seen it’s basically the same every year..back and back forth over the Harbour bridge.. I think it’s time to blow up the bridge..yep that would be the ultimate fireworks display of all time!
The actual fireworks cost less than 2 million and bring in an estimated 133 million for the economy. People come from all over the world to see our fireworks

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
The actual fireworks cost less than 2 million and bring in an estimated 133 million for the economy. People come from all over the world to see our fireworks
Tourism is slowly dying in Australia.
The word has gotten back to most of the world that Sydney is overpriced, over rated and bugger all to do.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I actually don’t believe that.. Going by last year’s figures the cost of the fireworks was 5.8 million..as for 133 million injected into the economy and the tourism.. I liken that to the false promises of the Olympics and larger stadiums bringing tourists to Australia and spending money after the event is over..just doesn’t happen..

As I said have your fireworks..or even laser shows..You got to welcome in the new year somehow..just keep in mind that there are important things in society that funding could really help..

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I actually don’t believe that.. Going by last year’s figures the cost of the fireworks was 5.8 million..as for 133 million injected into the economy and the tourism.. I liken that to the false promises of the Olympics and larger stadiums bringing tourists to Australia and spending money after the event is over..just doesn’t happen..

As I said have your fireworks..or even laser shows..You got to welcome in the new year somehow..just keep in mind that there are important things in society that funding could really help..
That 5.8 million includes all of the other costs like security, barricades, extra transport etc etc. Even if it was 5.8, it’s a lot less than 133 and you can’t compare fireworks to stadiums

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Tourism is slowly dying in Australia.
The word has gotten back to most of the world that Sydney is overpriced, over rated and bugger all to do.
Sounds like even more reason not to cancel the fireworks. People plan trips from overseas and interstate a year or more in advance. I was in the city for a function on the weekend and there was a massive amount of tourists there. I agree we have got greedy and priced ourselves out of a lot of tourism

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yh the weather is putrid as already today...I don't want to even leave the house lol

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds like even more reason not to cancel the fireworks. People plan trips from overseas and interstate a year or more in advance. I was in the city for a function on the weekend and there was a massive amount of tourists there
Go have a chat to these "tourists " with their funny "accents" and I assure near half of them will take offense that you refer to them as tourists!
These pricks you call tourists like to think of themselves as "residents".

I know this after offending a pom years ago when I told him to check out Aussie day celebrations at DH before heading back home.

He then says to me in his shit cockney accent "whaddaya mean when I go back home? I far-king live ere".
Lol, assumptions you see are the mother of all fuck ups!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That 5.8 million includes all of the other costs like security, barricades, extra transport etc etc. Even if it was 5.8, it’s a lot less than 133 and you can’t compare fireworks to stadiums
It still costs..Yes I can make the comparison..because it is the same promise .. If you do it they will come..

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Go have a chat to these "tourists " with their funny "accents" and I assure near half of them will take offense that you refer to them as tourists!
These pricks you call tourists like to think of themselves as "residents".

I know this after offending a pom years ago when I told him to check out Aussie day celebrations at DH before heading back home.

He then says to me in his shit cockney accent "whaddaya mean when I go back home? I far-king live ere".
Lol, assumptions you see are the mother of all fuck ups!
Haha I know what you mean but you can definitely pick tourists, especially when they are following a guide holding up a sign in another language, showing passports to get into venues, getting off a tour bus or carrying stuffed koala toys whilst getting photos in front of the opera house. The clothes give it away too :grinning:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes I can..because it is the same promise .. If you do it they will come..
Maybe the same promise but massive differences in cost to the tax payer

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Too late to cancel em now..already paid for..But yes they are a Waste of money..overdone..always have been.. The old cry big events like the fireworks are good for the economy is overstated.. Pfft You don’t need such a lavish show.. You could put on a show for a third of the price and the sheep would stills flock to the harbour and watch it..

Just a note..from what I’ve seen it’s basically the same every year..back and back forth over the Harbour bridge.. I think it’s time to blow up the bridge..yep that would be the ultimate fireworks display of all time!
The fireworks are just a statement to make politicians like Mower Claw to feel relevant each year, no doubt the poofters of Sydney love the show but as for the real citizens who don’t endulge in children’s toys, we would rather focus on more real world concerns such as mounting bushfire tolls and extreme drought in farming area’s of Australia. But go ahead Sydney enjoy the 10 minute lightshow that costs millions of dollars and stick your heads in the sand like all the useless politicians with no foresight...

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Save money & just blow Sydney up.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe the same promise but massive differences in cost to the tax payer
Yes that is true.. But I am not entirely convinced that the 5.8 mill covers all the expensives outside the fireworks themselves.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes that is true.. But I am not entirely convinced that the 5.8 mill covers all the expensives outside the fireworks themselves.
A pollie said it in an interview yesterday but I’m not entirely convinced either because we know how full of shit they are. I agree with most of your points and understand people want to spend more money on health and education etc.
I’m just of the view that if we don’t invest money we’ll pay more tax to pay for the health & education and we already pay too much tax

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A pollie said it in an interview yesterday but I’m not entirely convinced either because we know how full of shit they are. I agree with most of your points and understand people want to spend more money on health and education etc.
I’m just of the view that if we don’t invest money we’ll pay more tax to pay for the health & education and we already pay too much tax
Yep fair enough.. And I totally agree about Pollies..

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep fair enough.. And I totally agree about Pollies..
Put those things aside, there are a lot of low paid workers, who will be working New Years Eve for considerably more money. This is a big hit in the pocket for them, i.e. people in real need.

As I said previously in this thread, cancelling the fireworks will have a net negative effect.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Put those things aside, there are a lot of low paid workers, who will be working New Years Eve for considerably more money. This is a big hit in the pocket for them, i.e. people in real need.

As I said previously in this thread, cancelling the fireworks will have a net negative effect.
Too late to cancel em.. No problem seeing workers getting paid more..doesn’t mean fireworks have to be so lavish..

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck doing anything today way to hot, be careful tonight there will be plenty of dick heads out tonight who can't handle their piss at the best of times add the heat and boom

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck doing anything today way to hot, be careful tonight there will be plenty of dick heads out tonight who can't handle their piss at the best of times add the heat and boom
No doubt at all. It's a cocktail for disaster!

I'm going to a pool party at a friend of mines, so the only dickheads will be my actually mates lol.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Too late to cancel em.. No problem seeing workers getting paid more..doesn’t mean fireworks have to be so lavish..
I reck9n just pay people a good average wage regardless of what day it is to try and keep stability in the economy.

I refuse to spend money on public holidays at some places due to the public holiday surcharge!

So making a bs surcharge which is meant to be for the workers (which it truly isn't, just an excuse for corporate greed) can quite easily backfire!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.