Not open for further replies.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Do u think they need to be cancelled due to the fire ban/risk?

I think it's ok to go ahead because it's in the inner city. Not much bush there. It's not like they are having them at Heathcote.

Media are carrying on that it's creating a class division between rural and city people and stuff like that.

It would be weird not to have the most famous fireworks in the country imo.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Are the fireworks likely to reach bush areas? How far does debris from these things go?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Politics gone mad, personally I don't agree with the Harbor fireworks on pollution but if people have booked into Sydney to see the crap then the Government needs to let the show go on.
As if the city is going to catch on fire.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
From an economic perspective needs to go ahead.

Big events like this have a large enough stimulus to the economy.

I get that people caught in the bushfire are doing it tough but cancelling the fireworks is also going to have a net negative effect.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can understand cancelling some fireworks as they are near bushland but the Sydney ones are in the middle of the harbour surrounded by a concrete jungle. Nothing to worry about.

People are suggesting that they cancel the fireworks as it's disrespectful to the fire fighters, but the fire fighters have already come out saying that they want the fireworks to go ahead.

Others have said that they want the fireworks cancelled and the $6.5 million donated to fire relief, but they don't realise that the fireworks have been planned all year and have already been paid for. Cancelling the fireworks would just result in a bunch of fireworks sitting around doing nothing.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Others have said that they want the fireworks cancelled and the $6.5 million donated to fire relief, but they don't realise that the fireworks have been planned all year and have already been paid for. Cancelling the fireworks would just result in a bunch of fireworks sitting around doing nothing.
Bullshit. They're driving down to Canberra right now to buy it from the fireworks store.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
It would be ludicrous to cancel them.

There is no fire danger in the city, they are already paid for, they stimulate the economy on a massive scale etc.

The argument the money should go to fire fighters is silly. Yes they should get money but it doesn't have to be at the cost of the fireworks.

I don't even go into the city but they need to go ahead. But I do hope in future fireworks are replaced by drone shows. No pollution, cheaper and looks just as cool, if not cooler.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would normally be supportive of the fireworks but Australia in general has had a sad end to the year. The Bush fires have left smog in the air for over a month, extremely dangerous air quality, left the city looking shocking. On top of that the water restrictions and lack of rain have left the farmers and rural areas really struggling.

The fireworks is a giant slap in the face to all these people, extremely disrespectful considering the state of play.

It's like someone playing loud music, dancing and singing at a funeral. Very poor form

I say cancel the fireworks, signal that more than a few have it really tough, tip your hat to them not smack them across the face

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
There is money to be made, the fat bulldyke would never cancel them.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
With all the talk about climate change and air pollution etc, where are all the activists protesting against them?

Or are these ok because they are 'pretty'

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Do u think they need to be cancelled due to the fire ban/risk?

I think it's ok to go ahead because it's in the inner city. Not much bush there. It's not like they are having them at Heathcote.

Media are carrying on that it's creating a class division between rural and city people and stuff like that.

It would be weird not to have the most famous fireworks in the country imo.
Most famous fireworks in the world. There’s bushland out towards the heads and whatnot but certainly not a danger. I don’t recall ever hearing about an empty smoking cartridge ever starting a fire especially in an area mainly green with trees and shrubs.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The usual suspects want to kill off something that makes people happy and showcases Sydney to the world (being one of the first decent fireworks displays).

I notice another halfwit politician (NSW Deputy Premier) on facebook saying they should be cancelled, this is whilst he's in London enjoying a holiday away from the bushfires he's so concerned about.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I can understand cancelling some fireworks as they are near bushland but the Sydney ones are in the middle of the harbour surrounded by a concrete jungle. Nothing to worry about.

People are suggesting that they cancel the fireworks as it's disrespectful to the fire fighters, but the fire fighters have already come out saying that they want the fireworks to go ahead.

My favourite is "just save the fireworks until next year and donate next years budget" lol.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
With all the talk about climate change and air pollution etc, where are all the activists protesting against them?

Or are these ok because they are 'pretty'
Fireworks will probably be phased out in time with drone shows replacing them.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I can understand the need to cancel the Campbelltown fireworks with ongoing fires and the already limited fire resources there being tied up and unable to be on standby.

It would be ridiculous to cancel the Sydney fireworks though. Apart from the huge amount of tourists who come to the city and spend a massive amount oF money, can’t we at least enjoy one fucking night in a world of so much doom and gloom?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I couldn't give a rats ass.
Fireworks, primitive Chinese shit used to scare away evil spirits from the emperor's palace!

Fireworks belong in the same category as video games.
For kids.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Fireworks are shit anyway, so personally I don't care. I've felt for a long time the money could be better spent elsewhere, but they are paid for and no real threat in the city itself.
May as well go ahead with them so mouthbreathers can spend their money.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don’t really care about fireworks anymore these days, it’s getting old. But for me, it’s the kids watching them and the light in their eyes as they are fascinated and enjoying the spectacle.
That’s the best part tbh

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fireworks are a waste of money.

Yeah yeah, I am the fireworks grinch.

Just hand everyone a sparkler each.

sparklers-3.jpg

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Too late to cancel em now..already paid for..But yes they are a Waste of money..overdone..always have been.. The old cry big events like the fireworks are good for the economy is overstated.. Pfft You don’t need such a lavish show.. You could put on a show for a third of the price and the sheep would stills flock to the harbour and watch it..

Just a note..from what I’ve seen it’s basically the same every year..back and back forth over the Harbour bridge.. I think it’s time to blow up the bridge..yep that would be the ultimate fireworks display of all time!

Status
Not open for further replies.