Official RIP Ziggie Vincent

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Merciful God, hear the cries of our grief, for you know the anguish of our hearts. It is beyond our understanding and more than we can bear.
Rest In Peace Ziggie :cry:

Heavenly Father, thank you that there are no limits to your compassion and mercy. I come to you on my knees in repentance, confessing my sin and trusting that you forgive. Show me mercy once again Lord and fill me with your love. Your love surpasses knowledge. Your love eases the fear. Your love transforms my heart. I believe you forgive freely and overflow with mercy. I believe that you hear me, not because of my works but because of your grace. Increase my faith in you Lord so that my life will reflect your glory to others. Through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
My prayers and thoughts go out for him and his family and loved ones.

May he have found peace.

Such a young life, he will be missed. RIP.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's always sad when someone sees suicide as their only option. It's even worse when it's someone that is just starting out in life.

RIP Ziggie. Condolences to all those who are close to him.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Damn it son. So sad.

Despite what popular opinion says, depression can be very hard to spot. Hope that his death opens up some of our eyes and we seek help if needed.

Sad sad day for sport in general
Had to deal with depression in our family; and I've lost friends to suicide. The signs are not always obvious.

If you have a friend suffering from depression, be alert if they suddenly become very bright and optimistic - it is often a sign that they've made their decision and their problems will soon be over.

My thoughts and sympathy to his family. So close to Christmas always makes it harder.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Far too young to leave but no matter the age it is such a sad day when you hear of this type of thing.

Depression is a silent killer; it does not discriminate, and as many here have said the signs are not evident until it is too late..the decision has already been made. To get to the stage where you think and feel that your only option of escape is to end your existence you are indeed in that very dark place where you have nowhere else to go or nothing else to do.

I feel for those he left behind..his mum and dad, his siblings ( if any )and all his close relatives and family friends. The will be asking themselves the question as to how and why they did not see what was unfolding before them until it was too late. They will blame themselves in some way and feel like they have let him down. This is one of the very sinister effects of a persons actions in ending their life; they became so insular and narrow minded in their thoughts and actions that they do not think of who and what they will leave behind and how those people will cope or not cope. Rather they truly believe the decision is a means to an end in freeing them from the torture they are going through.

Depression yes...I have been there and done that but thank God I never got to that low where I felt checking out was the only way to fix it all.

The comments regarding his popularity and bright smile ring true showing us that anyone can at anytime can be at risk....

Condolences to all who knew him ...RIP

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Surely there would have been signs. As a mother of teens it scares me to think that suicide can be without symptoms.

Such sad news may he Rest in peace

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surely there would have been signs. As a mother of teens it scares me to think that suicide can be without symptoms.

Such sad news may he Rest in peace
It is hard to tell sometimes. A fake smile can hide so much. I know myself, I could act normal in public and around friends smiling, laughing and joking around but once I was by myself I would revert back to my depressed state. I'm just glad I'm one of the lucky ones who was unsuccessful in my attempt. The sad thing is suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary situation. It can be hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel but it does appear, it just can take some time to show.

The Christmas holidays is also one of the worst periods for people committing or attempting suicide.

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Griffith rugby league club left in shock as young coach dies just days after Bulldogs prospect

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander readers are warned that the following article contains the name of a deceased person.

A regional rugby league club has been rocked by double tragedy following the death of a young coach just days after the death of one of its best prospects.

Griffith RLFC coach Andrew Hoggart, 24, has died just days after young Bulldogs prospect Ziggie Vincent, 19, took his own life. Vincent was coached by Hoggart in 2017.

Craig O'Keeffe, who is the president of the Griffith Black and Whites RLFC, said: "It's flattened everyone, we just can't believe it's happened," he said. "My main priority is that everyone is okay."

His family confirmed online on Friday that Hoggart had also taken his own life.

Mr O'Keeffe said he was informed of Hoggart's death at 2am on New Year's Day.

"Everywhere I go [in Griffith] people who don't even know me through footy say how terrible it is," he said. "Personally I'm handling it OK, but there's no textbook, so we've had to go to the professionals. This, to me, is right out of my league."

Mr O'Keeffe said the NRL had provided support to the club, providing suicide prevention professionals from Wellways to talk to players and staff.

As a result of Vincent's death, the club organised a barbecue to encourage players and staff to gather and discuss mental health. Mr O'Keeffe said it had become doubly important for those affected to get together on Sunday.

"What really worries me is that a lot of stuff was said on Facebook earlier on, a lot of those messages were a bit worrying," he said of people taking to social media to express their grief over Vincent's death. "The leaders of the club some of them are struggling, so I said we need to get everyone together."

Hoggart coached the club's under-18 side, of which Vincent was a part, to a premiership win in 2017.

Hoggart played in the club's first-grade side, which won the premiership the same year.

Anthony Mundine had been mentoring Vincent before his sudden death, stating that the emerging forward was "destined for big things".

Mr O'Keeffe said Vincent was going through "some personal things" in life.

RELATED ARTICLE

NRL 2019
Mundine shattered by death of teenage NRL prospect and protege
"Without going into too much detail, for a boy of 19, there was a lot going on his life," he said.

Hoggart was described by the club as "admired by his players, teammates and the football club".

Lifeline 131 114

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/gr...-after-bulldogs-prospect-20200102-p53oew.html

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sad and wish family and friends the best during a terrible time.

Mental illness is still considered a weakness by some but a massive problem as can be seen on the Kennel In Assassin’s thread R U O.K.

More funding being made available To high schools for existing and additional counselling services would be a good initiative.