Opinion Who do you think will have a breakout year for the Bulldogs???

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Both of them (Montyoa > Holland) are infront of Harper and Averillo. Reimis in the Centres and Okunbor on the Wing is the way to go. There's a decent chance Montoya will find a spot in the back line but I hope that isn't the case. Holland was dreadful this year, I was really excited to see him with the starting Centre spot (was great in 2018 off the bench and filling in the back line).
Yh and that will be the end of Pay with decisions like that being made.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I hope JMK has a breakout season and goes to the next level. I think he made tremendous progress in his first year as a full time hooker. His defence is first rate, his work rate is great , he is a tough bugger and he has a big engine and can play big minutes. We started to see glimpses of his attacking ability towards the end of the season.If he can continue his upward learning curve this year and really find his rhythm in attack and start making sharp runs out of dummy half he can really put our attack on the front foot which will create more attacking opportunities. If JMK has a breakout year it will go a long way towards us getting a top 8 spot

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can’t see the wakeham thing it’s only Fiji not Fiji rugby,which he should play they’ll just run boppers at him all game (trouble sorry) and as far as okunbar is concerned he’s a cat for that size ,there’s 2 you can free up we want hard fuckers thank you !!!
Not many people run straight over the top over Cam Smith, let alone twice in one game. So he is hardly a "cat" as you say. Once he matures a bit and finds his feet in fg he will be fine.
As for Wakeham, he is a rookie who only played a few games this year, yet he excelled for Fiji against better international teams and against seasoned first graders. He also didnt look out of place in the few games he played, even coming off the bench. So I'm confident he will come good this year.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yh so let's persist with Montoya or Holland...
I'm not suggesting either of them should be in the starting side. In fact I posted 3 different starting back 5s already in this thread, and neither of them featured in any of them.
But I'd be happy with Reimis and Hoppa in the centres, and Meaney and Okunbour on the wings.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Both of them (Montyoa > Holland) are infront of Harper and Averillo. Reimis in the Centres and Okunbor on the Wing is the way to go. There's a decent chance Montoya will find a spot in the back line but I hope that isn't the case. Holland was dreadful this year, I was really excited to see him with the starting Centre spot (was great in 2018 off the bench and filling in the back line).
Experience wise Montoya and Holland are ahead of them, but if either Harper or Averilo begin the year on fire in CCup then I will expect them to be promoted. But I actually think it's more likely that Averilo will be moved back to the halves in CCup after the departure of Nu Brown and even Lichaa. I'd prefer this anyway, as long term, in a few years time, it would be nice to see Averilo and Wakeham in the halves, and possibly Lewis as a ball playing lock. I guess time will tell.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope JMK has a breakout season and goes to the next level. I think he made tremendous progress in his first year as a full time hooker. His defence is first rate, his work rate is great , he is a tough bugger and he has a big engine and can play big minutes. We started to see glimpses of his attacking ability towards the end of the season.If he can continue his upward learning curve this year and really find his rhythm in attack and start making sharp runs out of dummy half he can really put our attack on the front foot which will create more attacking opportunities. If JMK has a breakout year it will go a long way towards us getting a top 8 spot
He is one of my picks for a breakout year too. I'm not convinced he has a great motor though. But he was his match fitness and ability to play a full match certainly improved towards the back end of the year. Another year ther fulltime and he will e fine though I think. It's a tough position, and it will take some time for him to get it right. He is doing really well so far though.

hoggy

Waterboy
Reaction score
I can see wakeham if he gets a run he has the skills like a young JT who i watched many years ago coming through and Lewis should step up he did show a bit last year and should go up a level

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting either of them should be in the starting side. In fact I posted 3 different starting back 5s already in this thread, and neither of them featured in any of them.
But I'd be happy with Reimis and Hoppa in the centres, and Meaney and Okunbour on the wings.
True. I'm just not a fan on switching Smith to centre and bringing Okunbor in. Wing play is going to be crucial next season, seems like we're just weakening multiple positions.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Montoya is not as bad as some on here would suggest. He has played injured quite a few times.
If he stays fit and healthy he is a good first grader.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Montoya is not as bad as some on here would suggest. He has played injured quite a few times.
He lacked pace before blowing his knee out he will only be slower now and he hasn’t got any ball playing in him at all. What does he bring to the table to be a good first grader? He’s one of the most mediocre outside backs in the comp.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
True. I'm just not a fan on switching Smith to centre and bringing Okunbor in. Wing play is going to be crucial next season, seems like we're just weakening multiple positions.
If Okunbour comes good, he will be a fucking weapon! And Reimis could also be amazing in the centres.....

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He lacked pace before blowing his knee out he will only be slower now and he hasn’t got any ball playing in him at all. What does he bring to the table to be a good first grader? He’s one of the most mediocre outside backs in the comp.
He'll be even slower once those faulty satellites get repaired that had him as second to the speed of light.

TrioBench 1995

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not many people run straight over the top over Cam Smith, let alone twice in one game. So he is hardly a "cat" as you say. Once he matures a bit and finds his feet in fg he will be fine.
As for Wakeham, he is a rookie who only played a few games this year, yet he excelled for Fiji against better international teams and against seasoned first graders. He also didnt look out of place in the few games he played, even coming off the bench. So I'm confident he will come good this year.
I wish I had your optimism but I can’t see it for either ,other people’s hype sometimes rubs off on players and they improve let’s hope so but for me they’re not up there,we haven’t really got much choice but I’ll leave you with this ,BIG CATS should be scary

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If Okunbour comes good, he will be a fucking weapon! And Reimis could also be amazing in the centres.....
No doubt he could be very good on the wing for us, I just don't trust him there right now as first choice with the rule changes. Smith should've been given a run at centre much earlier last season, very passive coaching to leave it until now. Still I don't think it's worth it as he's pretty much the ideal modern day winger.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He'll be even slower once those faulty satellites get repaired that had him as second to the speed of light.
Slower than NBN technicians

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Montoya/hollands are back up centres at this point in time r smith/hoppa and harper all ahead of them.