Official Latrell Mitchell to Souths

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hypothetically. Say if we were interested in ado Carr. But we only have 100-200k in spare cash. Say we get the 350 from Foran too. You can always offer him his 3 year contract for 2021-2023 say at 650-700k (what is his market value anyways?)

and if he is released early you can always give him the 400-500k we should have available and top him up the next 3 years.

But I think the club is looking at other pieces. Not sure they are focusing too much on Carr and Mitchell. But I could be wrong.

Only dreaming but would be good having both come next year. 1.5 million well spent on 2 young game changers. We aren’t a horrible team. We are solid. We just have no one to break a game open. Carr and Mitchell proved this season they can make something out of nothing.

Put them next to a decent half and put either cogs or wakie next to an experienced half. Then if you swap TIL man for a hard front rower (think Vaughn etc) you have a team that should be able to compete with any other team in the comp.
You would think Addo Carr would not be getting much less than Mitchell, also being a rep player and star player. Mitchell would have been easier to fit into our squad tbh, but was always less likely to come to us. I also see Addo Carr as a very long shot too, but its at least a chance, where Mitchell probably isnt. We would have to shuffle things around, because Carr would be the best player in his position by a margin.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You would think Addo Carr would not be getting much less than Mitchell, also being a rep player and star player. Mitchell would have been easier to fit into our squad tbh, but was always less likely to come to us. I also see Addo Carr as a very long shot too, but its at least a chance, where Mitchell probably isnt. We would have to shuffle things around, because Carr would be the best player in his position by a margin.
with JAC (or another Winger)
1. DWZ
2. Meaney
3. Reimis
4. Hopoate
5. JAC

with JAC (or another Winger) + Latrell (or another Centre)
1. DWZ
2. JAC
3. Latrell
4. Hopoate
5. Reimis

Reimis > Meaney > Okunbor is our current Winger priority. We should play Reimis in the Centres until or if we sign another Centre - you'd think we have to.

I don't think we'll get either of them but they're obviously the best available in their respectable positions.

Last edited:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
with JAC (or another Winger)
1. DWZ
2. Meaney
3. Reimis
4. Hopoate
5. JAC

with JAC (or another Winger) + Latrell (or another Centre)
1. DWZ
2. JAC
3. Latrell
4. Hopoate
5. Reimis

Reimis > Meaney > Okunbor is our current Winger priority. We should play Reimis in the Centres until or if we sign another Centre - you'd think we have to.

I don't think we'll get either of them but they're obviously the best available in their respectable positions.
The odds of getting or affording both JAC and Latrell are next to none, but if we got just Carr, it would be a shame to me that Meaney and Okunbor werent both in the side (couldnt be, with Hop and Reimus being auto picks). Your first 5 would probably be it though if we got Carr. Is meaney more likely to go better at centre than okunbor ? Hard to call

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many times do I have to say it. According to some kennellers we are poor. Forget about signing anyone for the next 10 years.... in other words

images (28).jpeg

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The odds of getting or affording both JAC and Latrell are next to none, but if we got just Carr, it would be a shame to me that Meaney and Okunbor werent both in the side (couldnt be, with Hop and Reimus being auto picks). Your first 5 would probably be it though if we got Carr. Is meaney more likely to go better at centre than okunbor ? Hard to call
I'm not sure. I'd say Meaney personally from what I've seen (Okunbor has the physique but needs to improve a lot - that's more for Wing anyways). I think it would be best to have Reimis in the Centres and Meaney on the Wing. I do think that we really need to upgrade two back positions - more strike power out wide.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
How many times do I have to say it. According to some kennellers we are poor. Forget about signing anyone for the next 10 years.... in other words

View attachment 12425
The club has said multiple times in our current situation we aren’t in a position to sign marquee players until the 2021 season. That has been lost on some

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

View attachment 12425

Nek minnit… Dogs sign LM, JAC, Thommo and Fafita…. Pretty sure the world would skip a heart beat if that happened.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
LM is an awesome player. But with our present financial situation taken into account, would it be prudent to spend $1M on one player.
We did that before and look how that worked out.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nek minnit… Dogs sign LM, JAC, Thommo and Fafita…. Pretty sure the world would skip a heart beat if that happened.
It's a nice dream but we wont sign any of them

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
LM is an awesome player. But with our present financial situation taken into account, would it be prudent to spend $1M on one player.
We did that before and look how that worked out.
I'd have no problem spending a million on a player but it has to be the right player and that's not Latrell.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd have no problem spending a million on a player but it has to be the right player and that's not Latrell.
I probably agree, but paying $1M on one player has an adverse impact on the rest of the team make up.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I skipped a heartbeat on Christmas Eve, I wouldn't recommend it.

Long story short, heart went skip, I went flop, hospital is where I stopped, me all good now.
Bad but good to hear your all good brother... Lets hope the dogs don't sign them then because we need ya bro! As long as nobody blames you for the losses that is... :tonguewink: