Official Latrell Mitchell to Souths

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
The excuse of the cap for 2020 is a pointless one. Addo carr and latrell are under contract for 2020. We have the “war chest” when they are available.

Latrell could be released by all reports.

Storm have said Addo carr has been told he has 2020 to see at the storm. Means 2021 is his chance. Therefor our war chest is meant to be completely valid!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The excuse of the cap for 2020 is a pointless one. Addo carr and latrell are under contract for 2020. We have the “war chest” when they are available.

Latrell could be released by all reports.

Storm have said Addo carr has been told he has 2020 to see at the storm. Means 2021 is his chance. Therefor our war chest is meant to be completely valid!
The roosters want him gone by next Wednesday. I don’t think he’d want to sit out a year and then try to get his million a year after that

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He is contracted. He is paid his contract for 2020 no matter what anyone says/wants.

Addo carr and latrell point stands as I stated.

Addo carr especially. Roosters can want him gone; we want Foran gone. He’s paid as his contracted.

He might get a better deal (e.g 900-1mil a year for 2021 on) and take the same hes on with the chooks now if he wants a release and to get away. Though he has no need to worry about sitting out. He’s paid for being contracted.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He is contracted. He is paid his contract for 2020 no matter what anyone says/wants.

Addo carr and latrell point stands as I stated.

Addo carr especially. Roosters can want him gone; we want Foran gone. He’s paid as his contracted.

He might get a better deal (e.g 900-1mil a year for 2021 on) and take the same hes on with the chooks now if he wants a release and to get away. Though he has no need to worry about sitting out. He’s paid for being contracted.
Sitting a year out or playing reserve grade would be a career killer, especially when his motivation is already questionable.
I also doubt he would want to take Uncle Nick on. When they want someone gone or someone pisses them off like Latrell clearly has it’s amazing what seems to happen or come out of the closest ie Pearce, Kenny-Dowall, Napa

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Once again, the fact remains. He’s contracted. Therefor entitled to his pay.

The crap about Pearce and skd is straw clutching to say why we aren’t spending the war chest on two guys off contract at 2021 when the war chest is available.

Skd and Pearce issues happened at the roosters and where banned at the roosters.

Along with Jake friend when he was sacked
And re hired.

So now we say Napa’s video only came out because of leaving the roosters? Yet all the others (Todd carney anyone) happened while contracted at the chooks. No logic here.

Addo carr has been told
He has 2020 contracted so the war chest is sitting there for when he is available.

I think there’s far more chance we just aren’t attractive or proactive. One or the other.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

The crap about Pearce and skd is straw clutching to say why we aren’t spending the war chest on two guys off contract at 2021 when the war chest is available.

Skd and Pearce issues happened at the roosters and where banned at the roosters.

And re hired.

So now we say Napa’s video only came out because of leaving the roosters? Yet all the others (Todd carney anyone) happened while contracted at the chooks. No logic here.

Addo carr has been told
He has 2020 contracted so the war chest is sitting there for when he is available.

I think there’s far more chance we just aren’t attractive or proactive. One or the other.
Pay is one thing, what’s best for his career is vastly different. The damage it would do to his career and life in general if he sat out a year cannot be overlooked. You don’t upset Nick Politis

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
The players association would have something to say about “sitting out” that’s if it was even a realistic situation.

Which I don’t think it is what so ever.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hypothetically. Say if we were interested in ado Carr. But we only have 100-200k in spare cash. Say we get the 350 from Foran too. You can always offer him his 3 year contract for 2021-2023 say at 650-700k (what is his market value anyways?)

and if he is released early you can always give him the 400-500k we should have available and top him up the next 3 years.

But I think the club is looking at other pieces. Not sure they are focusing too much on Carr and Mitchell. But I could be wrong.

Only dreaming but would be good having both come next year. 1.5 million well spent on 2 young game changers. We aren’t a horrible team. We are solid. We just have no one to break a game open. Carr and Mitchell proved this season they can make something out of nothing.

Put them next to a decent half and put either cogs or wakie next to an experienced half. Then if you swap TIL man for a hard front rower (think Vaughn etc) you have a team that should be able to compete with any other team in the comp.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The players association would have something to say about “sitting out” that’s if it was even a realistic situation.

Which I don’t think it is what so ever.
What could they say? He’s getting paid as you’ve pointed out

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

And re hired.

Addo carr has been told

Or you just assume too much

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hypothetically. Say if we were interested in ado Carr. But we only have 100-200k in spare cash. Say we get the 350 from Foran too. You can always offer him his 3 year contract for 2021-2023 say at 650-700k (what is his market value anyways?)

and if he is released early you can always give him the 400-500k we should have available and top him up the next 3 years.

But I think the club is looking at other pieces. Not sure they are focusing too much on Carr and Mitchell. But I could be wrong.

Only dreaming but would be good having both come next year. 1.5 million well spent on 2 young game changers. We aren’t a horrible team. We are solid. We just have no one to break a game open. Carr and Mitchell proved this season they can make something out of nothing.

Put them next to a decent half and put either cogs or wakie next to an experienced half. Then if you swap TIL man for a hard front rower (think Vaughn etc) you have a team that should be able to compete with any other team in the comp.
Tend to agree.

Let’s also not forget next seasons pay starter in November. Meaning players are already paid/owed 1/6th of their season to pay.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nothing assumed in what you quoted. Just facts.
The war chest is just a media term but it can’t just be a coincidence how things just seem to come up when the rooster are off some players and it would be naive to think so

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone is naive here. Especially when it comes into being fooled.

They weren’t off Jake friend or Pearce or Todd carney.

Two of them they stood by. One of which is still there.

Skd was also stood by and only went because they got better players.

Naive would be believing some of the agendas pushed here.

They are both off contract for 2021.

They are both already paid or owed 1/6th of their 2020 salary.

Storm have made it sound pretty clear they won’t release addo carr till 2021.

Latrell by all reports can go now. With a fair paid future for 2021 on and 1/6th of his salary already covered for 2020 I’m sure someone can make a fair deal there.

He has no need to sit out; the players association would stop any such nonsense of being forced as speculated by some.

That part is funny though, disregard what the media say about the “war chest” especially when it’s been harped upon by the actual club. Yet follow any negative comments on latrell.

Odd.

Back to the point. With those two available for 2021 they would add more points then we scored in a season.

Be nice to see us score like that for the first time in a decade.

Dreams are free. Sadly as stated it appears we are not an attractive club to the elite players and potentially from the reports of how players appear signed “calling pay” or having played jr with him perhaps not proactive enough either.

Time will tell. Though 2020 is almost here and nothing has changed the concerns; time goes on, others improve. More become locked up. Seems to support this issue more unfortunately.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone is naive here. Especially when it comes into being fooled.

They weren’t off Jake friend or Pearce or Todd carney.

Two of them they stood by. One of which is still there.

Skd was also stood by and only went because they got better players.

Naive would be believing some of the agendas pushed here.

They are both off contract for 2021.

They are both already paid or owed 1/6th of their 2020 salary.

Storm have made it sound pretty clear they won’t release addo carr till 2021.

Latrell by all reports can go now. With a fair paid future for 2021 on and 1/6th of his salary already covered for 2020 I’m sure someone can make a fair deal there.

He has no need to sit out; the players association would stop any such nonsense of being forced as speculated by some.

That part is funny though, disregard what the media say about the “war chest” especially when it’s been harped upon by the actual club. Yet follow any negative comments on latrell.

Odd.

Back to the point. With those two available for 2021 they would add more points then we scored in a season.

Be nice to see us score like that for the first time in a decade.

Dreams are free. Sadly as stated it appears we are not an attractive club to the elite players and potentially from the reports of how players appear signed “calling pay” or having played jr with him perhaps not proactive enough either.

Time will tell. Though 2020 is almost here and nothing has changed the concerns; time goes on, others improve. More become locked up. Seems to support this issue more unfortunately.
Sorry I didn’t want to read all of that but I am saying the term war chest was created from the media not that it matters.

I can’t seem to understand how the RLPA could possibly do anything if a player isn’t picked for first grade and sits in reserve grade or if a player decides himself to sit out a year?

The original posts you replied to were referring to 2020, not 2021

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn’t want to read that.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

I just make my points factual and support them, not because I say so and respond with “didn’t want to read that so I’ll respond and say something else I think again”

Again this is just going to get out of hand so will stop it here.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

I just make my points factual and support them, not because I say so and respond with nonsense like that when I can’t dispute it.

Again this is just going to get out of hand so will stop it here.
No worries. It’s a shame they aren’t factual. For the sake of the rest of the forum I won’t repeat the factual points I made several times over but they are there to see and you weren’t able to address them without going off topic. Have a good night

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
They are factual. You didn’t read them so for you to say that they aren’t, just shows enough.

I’ve not gone off topic at all. I’ve just provided facts and supported them. Understand how you can’t see that when you don’t read it.

Already said I’ll leave this be now as it’s just going to get out of hand with your attempted smart arse comments.

Thanks. You too.