Official Latrell Mitchell to Souths

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is very impressive.. thought he was close to best on park in some of their games during the finals... I don't think a lot of rookies in a stacked team would have chanced it for that try in the GF either
Again we agree (cue twilight zone music). Taking on his own on the fifth when you have Cronk and Keary calling for the ball showed the kid has some sand.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Again we agree (cue twilight zone music). Taking on his own on the fifth when you have Cronk and Keary calling for the ball showed the kid has some sand.
spooky.

Guess Cam Smith won't be finishing his career at the Roosters after all

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
A million for lattrell yeah nah i dont think so and considering hes not an origin player now and last performance for Australia was horrendous hes a bit delusional tbh

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s amazing what poor management can do to a players image and asking price. That and also getting on the wrong side of Politis. Wouldn’t surprise me if he sacks his manager after this

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It really is anyone's guess where he will end up hey. Its turned into a bit of a circus tbh.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Surely we can take advantage of the situation and offer him something.... not overs but something thats fair for both parties... say we'll bring Addo-Carr over in 2020 to partner him on the left....plus we'll have lots of cap space at the end of 2020 to buy quality players. . Surely we're in the box seat to sign him.....

Old Dog 63

Waterboy
Reaction score
Latrell is a mercenary who attempted to persuade clubs to enter a bidding war. Unfortunately the majority of smart clubs recognised the game and withdrew.

Latrell will go where the money is and after that contract expires the circus will commence again.

Uncle Nick knows the value of a good investment, he also recognises a bad investment..... there is good reason why Uncle Nick isn’t stumping up more cash for Latrell.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
The number of Clubs available for him in the NRL are certainly getting shorter and shorter. Who's left, Dogs, Tigers and Titans.

I say we may be looking more at Addo-Carr, who I'm not sure would want to go back to Tigers.

I say Latrell maybe go to Titans now, one because Arrow leaving they can now use the money they offered Arrow on Latrell.

That's just my opinion who knows really.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Surely we can take advantage of the situation and offer him something.... not overs but something thats fair for both parties... say we'll bring Addo-Carr over in 2020 to partner him on the left....plus we'll have lots of cap space at the end of 2020 to buy quality players. . Surely we're in the box seat to sign him.....
Exactly what I thought. Now with all this mess it could well work saying to latrell here’s 900k for 3-4 years. Will go all in for addo carr if you can convince him for 2021 to join.

Those two next to each other would be a wet dream after the attack we have seen for years.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Except guaranteed we wont even make an offer to him

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly what I thought. Now with all this mess it could well work saying to latrell here’s 900k for 3-4 years. Will go all in for addo carr if you can convince him for 2021 to join.

Those two next to each other would be a wet dream after the attack we have seen for years.
I like that idea of trying to nab them both... maybe $800k for Latrell and the additional $100k Third party which he’ll easily get as he’s a big star.. dreams are free right?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I like that idea of trying to nab them both... maybe $800k for Latrell and the additional $100k Third party which he’ll easily get as he’s a big star.. dreams are free right?
That with addo carr...

Oh my

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You’re probably right, not on that sort of money that we don’t have
Do you know if our club can renegotiate current contracts to help with the salary cap to help the situation?
And if so,have they tried something similar?
For example, someone like Tolman who is apparently very much overpaid and likely not going to be extended beyond 2020. Can the club reduce his currently salary but offer an extra year or two, which would then allow us to go after a Latrell / JAC now for 2020?
You just know that someone like Bullfrog wouldn’t sit on an excuse for multiple years and would find ways to fix any problem

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Do you know if our club can renegotiate current contracts to help with the salary cap to help the situation?
For example, someone like Tolman who is apparently very much overpaid and likely not going to be extended beyond 2020. Can the club reduce his currently salary but offer an extra year or two, which would then allow us to go after a Latrell / JAC now for 2020?
You just know that someone like Bullfrog wouldn’t sit on an excuse for multiple years and would find ways to fix any problem
It’s definitely a different scenario now with how the salary is structured and policed compared to what Bullfrog faced. From memory he only had the salary cap to deal with for about 5 years and it was much easier.

I think the club are being very careful with how the cap is managed, maybe too careful but just avoiding future problems again. It sounds like they have been exploring all options and not just sitting on their hands or at touch football meetings like some suggest.

If it was me personally I’d stand my ground and not want my salary reduced/spread out, especially with your investments and lifestyle structured around X amount of income. No doubt the players association would have something to say too. I hope the club keep doing whatever they can but my gut feeling is still one more year of pain as the club initially stated

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah history shows we always rebounded very quickly and made strategic recruitment moves. Tolman is a perfect example to restructure a contract if possible cause he’s not highly sort after and wouldn’t command huge $$ so it could actually benefit him. A young up and coming star not so much. You just don’t really know what the ultimate plan is. Maybe there is moves being made in the background.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You’re probably right, not on that sort of money that we don’t have
Hes not on that money at the roosters next year and we have money after 2020 pretty sure youd get him cheaper for 2020 then higher after that

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
again we dont really know whats going on with latrell cause we dont know whats being said in board meetings at clubs

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hes not on that money at the roosters next year and we have money after 2020 pretty sure youd get him cheaper for 2020 then higher after that
Even if the club want to go down the path of backending contracts again Latrell wasn’t interested in what we could afford to offer for next year. Look at the money he was offered at the tigers and ghosted them