Is it better to wear no watch than a watch costing <$1000?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
The wrist watch, that's just an old party trick I do on occasions :tonguewink:

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Edit - Never mind rant about people and these watches I've experienced lol. Just buy a gshock for 99% of events and a sevenfriday for the few rare suit ones.
Buy a g shock if you are 13 years old sounds about right

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not me that thinks like this ... It's the majority of the population

At a job interview don't for one second think the interviewer doesn't check out what shoes you have, what type of watch, how well you are groomed, what car you drive .. you either win or lose someone very quickly especially with a first meeting.

The watch is just one part of the package. A cheap watch says this guy has little self respect, hasn't made intelligent decisions to be able to afford a decent watch and lacks a little class and style. The cheap watch guy is often scratching his head wondering why he was shoved out the door.

On the other hand (excuse the pun :grinning: ), wearing a quality watch says your into the finer details , you appreciate a quality job, you have personality and self respect ..

These observations are not me, it's society. You can have a go at blue boost trying to show status and style but it's just society, you gotta play the game a bit, not be shoved out the door

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I call it the Assyrian Rolex lol
After flashing said wrist watch, or Assyrian Rolex as you call it I then finish up by showing off my private helicopter as I leave :tongueclosed:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm really tough on watches so buying expensive watches would be like spending $20k on a car to drive in a smash up derby.

But in all honesty the bulk of blue boost threads are basically an attempt from him to paint himself into the minds of others as someone that has money and is therefore more special than people who don't. Money and status symbols don't make you a decent person. If you apply value to yourself based on crap like a valuable watch etc, you have taken a wrong turn in life. I'd rather be living on the streets and capable of being a good person, than living in a mansion and treating others like garbage.
Old alan89 coming in with a glass half empty approach

Being good to others is heavily debatable, there's nothing you can put on your resume to prove it. one person thinks accepting a poor persons cooking is respectful and honorable others might see it as an absolute disgrace taking from the poor.

But a watch, there is no doubt if you are wearing a quality instrument or a Spanish plonk. They have a definitive value. says alot about a person , it's right there on their wrist for all to judge.

Some people think they can buy a few Gallen of cask wine for $10, tastes like vinegar and they have a headache for a week after. Other spend a few hundred for a decent bottle wine, enjoy the texture and feel perfect the next day, each to their own

I went to lunch with a friend last week he is wearing a Rolex sea dweller.. that's $20k thankyou very much. Shows he's no bullshit.

Last edited:

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Old alan89 coming in with a glass half empty approach

Being good to others is heavily debatable, there's nothing you can put on your resume to prove it. one person thinks accepting a poor persons cooking is respectful and honorable others might see it as an absolute disgrace taking from the poor.

But a watch, there is no doubt if you are wearing a quality instrument or a Spanish plonk. They have a definitive value. says alot about a person , it's right there on their wrist for all to judge.

Some people think they can buy a few Gallen of cask wine for $10, tastes like vinegar and they have a headache for a week after. Other spend a few hundred for a decent bottle wine, enjoy the texture and feel perfect the next day, each to their own

I went to lunch with a friend last week he is wearing a Rolex sea dweller.. that's $20k thankyou very much. Shows he's no bullshit.
Lol you have a lot of mates that have a lot of things that’s so cool

TheThird

Banned
Reaction score
Ahh mate, you will see in due time. This place has been left in bad hands unfortunately.
But not fear, there is a core of good people who love this place for what it is, an actual forum
Why is this scourge so prevalent in the modern world?
I'm seeing time and time again decent places and people wrecked by power tripping fools, who have minimal grasp upon their userbase and why it exists.

Is this why threads keep disappearing here and there appears to be a high number of bannings of members compared to other forums?
Something is going on isn't there?
I'll find out in time though, I always do, as no matter how hard one group try to bury a conversation, others are willing to talk, they always do!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why is this scourge so prevalent in the modern world?
I'm seeing time and time again decent places and people wrecked by power tripping fools, who have minimal grasp upon their userbase and why it exists.

Is this why threads keep disappearing here and there appears to be a high number of bannings of members compared to other forums?
Something is going on isn't there?
I'll find out in time though, I always do, as no matter how hard one group try to bury a conversation, others are willing to talk, they always do!
I was recently made a moderator and I was sadly disappointed that there's no secret government organisation plotting in the moderator forums, planning to destroy all humanity. Just a bunch of people spending their free time attempting to make this forum enjoyable for everyone.

Such a pity. They have so much power to work with. They have the power of a small forum on the internet. They could use that to conquer the world but instead they use it to stop people from carrying out racist attacks and threats of violence. They use that power to try to make as many people happy as possible and keep the peace.

Such a waste of power.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I was recently made a moderator and I was sadly disappointed that there's no secret government organisation plotting in the moderator forums, planning to destroy all humanity. Just a bunch of people spending their free time attempting to make this forum enjoyable for everyone.

Such a pity. They have so much power to work with. They have the power of a small forum on the internet. They could use that to conquer the world but instead they use it to stop people from carrying out racist attacks and threats of violence. They use that power to try to make as many people happy as possible and keep the peace.

Such a waste of power.
So there is no deep state or illuminati infiltration?

I'm kinda upset as I wanted to join.... I'd make a great Assassin for the organisation lol

PS maybe they are still trying you out to see if you are worthy? Lol

TheThird

Banned
Reaction score

Such a waste of power.
Was this appointment before my time?
As I do not see any announcents about it in the website section, which makes me wonder why its a secret if thats the case.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Such a waste of power.
;)

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
As I do not see any announcents about it in the website section, which makes me wonder why its a secret if thats the case.
It's not a secret, the new mods have a banner "staff" and "super moderator" on their avatar, that everyone can see. Not seen any previous moderator appointment, including myself years ago, being announced in the public forum, ever. Ever see a nightclub announce it when a new bouncer starts work? Same thing. Job can be similar too lol.

Now that's answered more talk about it will be deleted. Keep the thread on topic.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Only recently. No real need to announce it and nothing is hidden. You can clearly see who the moderators are.

You'll notice if you.... Watch closely.

See how I brought that back on topic? Watch? Geddit?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It's not a secret, the new mods have a banner "staff" and "super moderator" on their avatar, that everyone can see. Not seen any previous moderator appointment, including myself years ago, being announced in the public forum, ever. Ever see a nightclub announce it when a new bouncer starts work? Same thing. Job can be similar too lol.

Now that's answered more talk about it will be deleted. Keep the thread on topic.
Only recently. No real need to announce it and nothing is hidden. You can clearly see who the moderators are.
I wanna be a stone cutter!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I was really into watches when I was younger but never had the cash for expensive ones. Just Casios and Timexes for me lol. These days I don't bother wearing them, my mobile tells the time and doesn't give me a sweaty wrist.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Does a fitbit count as a watch? Only use it to keep an eye on the motor.