Fox: Predicted Dogs Spine

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Mate, please follow the script..

1. Dogs to be 5 wins from first 6 games to start the season

19. Dogs win comp after coming from 8th. Lachlan Lewis kicks winning field goal in extra time after setting up the draw at full time via a 30 metre cut out pass to Dally M winger of the year Okunbor.

Jeeeeezz....
Ha! What a disloyal supporter I am not following the fairytale script! Send me to the bunker to join the bleaters... :-)

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ha! What a disloyal supporter I am not following the fairytale script! Send me to the bunker to join the bleaters... :-)
Anything less than 100% positive and that's where you are pidgeon holed. Not interested in factual analysis here thanks ;)

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
To give you a heads up mate one win out of the 8 due to the team's better than us played shit and the team's I'm talking about has improved with there roster ‍♂
Sure, some teams weren't going that well. As I mentioned in another post - anything can happen.
Many picked the Dragons for the 8 - finished 15th. Parra like a yo-yo between 2017-2019. Newcastle picked to make the 8 - didn't. Penrith picked to make the 8 - didn't.
Of the teams that finished not far in front of us - who's dramatically improved their roster? Sharks? Manly?
I think we've made some reasonable improvements both in who we let go and who we've brought in given the final year of cap pain (Stimson I think is the buy with the most potential).
And no 'marquees' sure - but remember what happened to us last time they were sought - we got Woods and Foran - and they both worked out well...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Anything less than 100% positive and that's where you are pidgeon holed. Not interested in factual analysis here thanks ;)
God forbid a fact or two! Or a semi-positive outlook - the hide of some people...

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has proven to be a match winner with 40metre field goals ..
But more importantly how many repeat sets has he created with his lovely soft grubber kicks....a massive issue we have in the hasler era now rectified.
Yeh but thats all he can do

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dont see Wakeham as a walk up start. Cogger finished last year ahead of him in the pecking order. I see Cogger as better at guiding us around the park than Lewis. I also predict that Shifty working with our halves and hooker in the offseason will pay handsome dividends. I hear our boys are really buying into his presence and are doing the repetitive practice after training necessary to hone their skills. I see Lewis as starting 6 and Wakeham or Katao as the floating impact ball player. Wakeham doesnt have much FG experience compared to Cogger and Lewis either at this stage. Our spine may be ranked 16th but I feel our forwards will help us press strongly for the bottom half of the 8.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That would be a dream come true lol
I just don’t want to keep hearing excuses
A Politically Correct

Christmas Greeting

Best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most joyous traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, but with respect for the religious persuasion of others who choose to practice their own religion as well as those who choose not to practice a religion at all;

Additionally,
a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the generally accepted calendar year 2019, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions have helped make our society great, without regard to the race, creed, color, religious, or sexual preferences of the wishes.

(Disclaimer: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others and no responsibility for any unintended emotional stress these greetings may bring to those not caught up in the holiday spirit.)

WHAT A FUCKIN LOAD OF SHIT... For Pay against Pay, for paying overs, buying every player that comes on the market, the roster defenders, the Jizz festers, wogball lovers, the sin binned, the mods, the old dogs, the young dogs, the gay dogs (not that there is anything wrong with that), Dib Dogs, Lyn Dogs, those in the know, those that pretend to be, the dribblers, the lurkers, the baiters and the "popcorners" voyeurs of others arguing stuff (my personal fav) and even old mate Horsey...

MERRY CHRISTMAS YOU DOGS...

IMG_4132.jpg

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
A Politically Correct

Christmas Greeting

Best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most joyous traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, but with respect for the religious persuasion of others who choose to practice their own religion as well as those who choose not to practice a religion at all;

Additionally,
a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the generally accepted calendar year 2019, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions have helped make our society great, without regard to the race, creed, color, religious, or sexual preferences of the wishes.

(Disclaimer: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others and no responsibility for any unintended emotional stress these greetings may bring to those not caught up in the holiday spirit.)

WHAT A FUCKIN LOAD OF SHIT... For Pay against Pay, for paying overs, buying every player that comes on the market, the roster defenders, the Jizz festers, wogball lovers, the sin binned, the mods, the old dogs, the young dogs, the gay dogs (not that there is anything wrong with that), Dib Dogs, Lyn Dogs, those in the know, those that pretend to be, the dribblers, the lurkers, the baiters and the "popcorners" voyeurs of others arguing stuff (my personal fav) and even old mate Horsey...

View attachment 12378
Is that a baby Chewbacca?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
A Politically Correct

Christmas Greeting

Additionally,

View attachment 12378

Hope you've stocked up on popcorn for the 2020 season :grinning:

Tho it feels like quite a lot of true debate, and those contrary debaters prepared to put their views, have decided it's not worth it any longer.

See what next season brings :grinning:

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is that one less excuse for 2020?
There is no real excuses for this season. the team is settled, we had the opportunity to buy players and spent where we wanted, and didn’t buy others that showed interest. This means pay must be somewhat happy with the team he has, so for mine, improvement is not negotiable. A spot in the 8 is my measure of adequate.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There is no real excuses for this season. the team is settled, we had the opportunity to buy players and spent where we wanted, and didn’t buy others that showed interest. This means pay must be somewhat happy with the team he has, so for mine, improvement is not negotiable. A spot in the 8 is my measure of adequate.
Agree. Dean Pay also (apparently) didn't try and ship out guys like Holland, Montoya etc to Super League etc. to gain some spots as other teams have and so therefore has left them in the 30.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Agree. Dean Pay also (apparently) didn't try and ship out guys like Holland, Montoya etc to Super League etc. to gain some spots as other teams have and so therefore has left them in the 30.
That’s incorrect

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless we were going to offer stupid money to the few guys in positions we don't need, there really hasn't been anyone available. I'd prefer to not have Holland, Montoya, Elliott, C Smith and a few others too, but there's little point freeing up cap space when there's no decent spine players to spend the money on.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As far as copping the 16th ranking goes it's possibly a touch harsh but given we struggled for points, not overly harsh.

I am starting to rate Cogger a bit. He looks like the organiser we've lacked for a while and has touches of flair. It's a tough decision Pay faces on who among the three main options fills the 6 & 7.

Based on last year. Lewis probably offered little with ball in hand and imo went backwards in that regard compared to his debut season. Both he and the coaching staff have to sort that out for the sake of his career and our success on field. But his defence is generally inspirational.

Wakeham shows plenty of promise from an attacking point of view. He doesn't seem poor defensively either.

I think that a large ingredient in success or lack thereof will be JMK/Katoa. Our forwards suffered for far too long with having to time their runs to match the passing ability of Lichaa. I often hear people compliment forwards that run off the back fence (who subsequently receive a pass at full speed). But it's not possible for them to do that without confidence that they'll get a well timed pass. It's this above all other aspects of our game that I hope we can get right. Otherwise the defence will constantly be in our face.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Unless we were going to offer stupid money to the few guys in positions we don't need, there really hasn't been anyone available. I'd prefer to not have Holland, Montoya, Elliott, C Smith and a few others too, but there's little point freeing up cap space when there's no decent spine players to spend the money on.
We have till 30 June and only 1 spot left. I'd reckon it's prudent to keep a couple of spots up our sleeve. I realise there's not much available (cheapish with Bulldogs DNA).

The reply was in relation to Pay having the team he wants, with the available money and also keeping players who really aren't Top 4 quality unfortunately (or likely to develop into it from what we've already seen).

3 year superleague deals would be beneficial for Holland/Monty etc when they only have 1 year left with us and would probably be good money for them and extend their careers.

We'll have to wait and see what Pay has in mind.