Fox: Predicted Dogs Spine

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't really argue with that we are going to have to rely on grinding out wins and hope like hell our defence starts the season like it finished last year or we are in trouble.

The only hope is if Wakeham takes the bull by the horns and establishes himself as a legit NRL half.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate to say it but if we can finish higher than 10th it would be a good result. I know people will whinge and moan but we really don't have a quality side. I love our team and all the boys who have a go but our lack of strike power will have us struggling to cross the line yet again

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's great news because none of them could pick the top eight or close to it!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hate to say it but if we can finish higher than 10th it would be a good result. I know people will whinge and moan but we really don't have a quality side. I love our team and all the boys who have a go but our lack of strike power will have us struggling to cross the line yet again
No, we should be pushing for the 8. The rest of the side is more than good enough to push for that final spot while the quality of sides around us is also low.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, we should be pushing for the 8. The rest of the side is more than good enough to push for that final spot while the quality of sides around us is also low.
Yeah, i didn't say we'd run last. I think 8th would be a big accomplishment but on paper i reckon we are probably below 8

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You're talking sense mate.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can't really argue with that we are going to have to rely on grinding out wins and hope like hell our defence starts the season like it finished last year or we are in trouble.

The only hope is if Wakeham takes the bull by the horns and establishes himself as a legit NRL half.
Nice new tag.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah mate agreed
Ditto. How easily some forget that in 2019 we finished ONE win outside the finals - purely because of a bad start (with bad +/-) and dropping at least two games I remember we should've won (Manly, Canberra).
With more experience and less disruption starting 2020 compared to starting 2019 there is absolutely no reason we cannot push into the 8.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ditto. How easily some forget that in 2019 we finished ONE win outside the finals - purely because of a bad start (with bad +/-) and dropping at least two games I remember we should've won (Manly, Canberra).
With more experience and less disruption starting 2020 compared to starting 2019 there is absolutely no reason we cannot push into the 8.
To counter this point you could have said the exact same thing after 2018 and look what happened. Without any major roster changes I honestly have no idea what to expect but there is no way a slow start can be tolerated and heads have to roll if we have don’t win at least 5 games after 10 weeks.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just like the year before right!
There is nothing to get excited about for next year..
Same coach
Same players
Same game style, boring af!

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have confidence in the young fellas,they have had a few games together now if, the forwards can match it ,with their opposites,we'll win more than we loose,I'm trying to be positive,merry Xmas to all on the kennel,my New Years wish,is that we finish in the 4.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That spine really does look like shit on paper but then again the Dragons looked good on paper but finished 15th.....

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The year before when we lost multiple long term players. Cmon guys ffs