Official Jacko Re-Signs

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
This contract won't see Jackson out to the end of his career. Jackson still has another 5-6 years left in him.
His body is thrashed from going hard all his career. Played above his weight and it’s taken a toll. 3 more years is perfect.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His body is thrashed from going hard all his career. Played above his weight and it’s taken a toll. 3 more years is perfect.
I think its 4. He'll most likely be a bench by the end of the contract which is fine by me.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think its 4. He'll most likely be a bench by the end of the contract which is fine by me.
I meant 3 year extension but yeah towards the end he’ll play less minutes agreed but his professionalism will mean a lot for the young guys.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No chance he lasts 4 more years
A one year top up after 2020 would be the most beneficial to the team.
He’s had a few surgeries last 18months and his body ain’t going to get any fresher.

just wait for the great New Years news with Adam idiot and a 5 year mega deal now

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Thank you Dave
Can’t even leave a positive comment when our Captain re-signs. Some people. No doubt whatever Dave gets for Xmas it won’t be good enough and an angry letter to Santa will follow.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
No matter how long his body lasts, it’s his leadership that will last - and that should not be understated.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can’t even leave a positive comment when our Captain re-signs. Some people. No doubt whatever Dave gets for Xmas it won’t be good enough and an angry letter to Santa will follow.
Analysing Dave's temperament on the kennel, he will be waiting at the bottom of the chimney with a baseball bat

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we really are just resigning players that finished down the bottom of ladder for last 3 years

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even ABC News is reporting this as great news for the Bulldogs.
Shame about the language in the initial post for this article. Have we no standards?

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be nice if we lose the habit of tossing out captains.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There may not be a lot of loyalty these days, but you could always see jacko would be a one club player an legend, here at the bulldogs.!! Gives you a bit of hope if the blue an white is running through the veins, the good ones will stay, and deserve much respect..!! Going in to 2020 you have to applaud both him and the club for making it stick..!!!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Glad it's official. Hopefully his form gets him back in rep contention for the remainder of his career.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Xmas cheerful news. Great to see Jacko is looked after. Getting back to what Bulldogs are about. The next generation of Dr George et al that followed until the Des/Castle/Dibb fiasco.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes I’m happy we resigned him but it’s not like he is in career best form and we are a top 4 team resigning all our players.

seems like we are missing out on all the players we are shooting for and then just deciding fkuk it’s let’s re sign who we already have.

The players we have haven’t dont anything not even scrape into the 8