Reaction score
I actually don’t see the panthers struggling at all
I got them down as top 8 certainties
Best young crop of backs coming thru
Add capewell and tetavano to their side
Kikau and martin in the second row
Brian to’o freak finisher

not premiership worthy but def top 8 and not spooners
Maloney to me clearly wasn't enjoying his time there last season. Can see Luai coming in and playing really well know he knows the 6 is.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Because we have idiots too busy jerking themselves over Lewis.
Yep... Plenty of young talent better than him in various reserve grade sides. Eg Matt Burton from Penrith

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I actually don’t see the panthers struggling at all
I got them down as top 8 certainties
Best young crop of backs coming thru
Add capewell and tetavano to their side
Kikau and martin in the second row
Brian to’o freak finisher

not premiership worthy but def top 8 and not spooners
Penrith are about as certain to make the 8 as the Titans are. Maloney was the difference in most of their wins and now he is gone.. they are going to struggle as bad as we did for points next year with Nathan running the show

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Penrith are about as certain to make the 8 as the Titans are. Maloney was the difference in most of their wins and now he is gone.. they are going to struggle as bad as we did for points next year with Nathan running the show
I find Cleary Sr. a very ordinary coach. That’s another one the bleaters were banging on about - how we missed the boat by not signing him to coach us - more like dodged a bullet. Penrif signed him for 5 years. Despite the spin that ‘his job was done’ that’s why Gus left, he couldn’t stand by such a decision with a bloke he’d fired only a couple of years earlier and I don’t blame him.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I find Cleary Sr. a very ordinary coach. That’s another one the bleaters were banging on about - how we missed the boat by not signing him to coach us - more like dodged a bullet. Penrif signed him for 5 years. Despite the spin that ‘his job was done’ that’s why Gus left, he couldn’t stand by such a decision with a bloke he’d fired only a couple of years earlier and I don’t blame him.
Would have been awful. Ivan is the cool dad that buys all the kids Macca's sundaes after a game but hard to take seriously as a coach who will take an NRL team to a premiership

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bazildogs 20 (some will happen some should happen, some are just wishes and some are just the writings of a lunatic..)

1. Dogs to be 5 wins from first 6 games to start the season
2. The Kennel livid and call for Pays sacking for dropping a game.
3. Roosters embroiled in Sombrero gate after former player dobs on uncle nick.
4. Paul Gallen calls out Nick Meaney to charity boxing match and gets knocked out in 1st round. Meaney signs with Team Mundine
5. Latrell Mitchell signs with South Sydney but refuses to play with Bunny emblem on Jersey as it doesn’t reflect his marsupial beliefs.
6. Russel Crowe come out in support and convinces NRL to approve medical retirement for him and Wayne Bennett.
7. Penif lose first 5 games and extend Nathan and Ivan’s contracts by a further 5 years.
8. Anthony Seabold exposed as the shit coach he really is.
9. Newcastle to flounder and also have salary cap issues with Pearce and Klemmer behind another coach coup.
10. Phil Gould called in to do performance review. Hires Anthony Griffen as new coach, overseas Klemmer trade before June 30 to Cronulla and Ponga to the Dogs.
11. Not one NRL player is arrested or charged with any serious offence or brings the game into disrepute thru all of 2020.
12. Josh Dugan doesn’t go down injured or limp off in any games during 2020
13. Erin Molan named as Ray Warrens replacement as lead caller.
14. Bill Harrigan takes over as boss of referees. Starts awarding weekly trophy to the best ref of the round. Nominated himself every week.
15. Paul Kent and Phil Rothfield are invited to Canterbury fan weekend getaway. (Never seen again)
16. Horsey alias 187 comes back from 15th sinbinning a changed man. Becomes super popular with all members and is voted to position of “Ultimate Mod”
17. Bradyk pays overs for a sausage roll coke combo at a Belmore home game. But argues it was a "Marque roll" and worth the extra coin.
18. Manly win the Spoon (Parra/Rorters tie for second last). Des sacked. Fatty takes over.
19. Dogs win comp after coming from 8th. Lachlan Lewis kicks winning field goal in extra time after setting up the draw at full time via a 30 metre cut out pass to Dally M winger of the year Okunbor.
20. Sancho2020 named president of the Lewis “fanclub”
I’ll cop missing finals in 2020 if numbers 10 and 15 come true. Ponga for ‘21 and a couple of less arse holes brings happy thoughts.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
21. Adam Elliott yo become premier forward in the game- will play origin and test footy for kangas.... will flatten Paul Gallen during post season boxing match

22. Roosters to sign $4 million worth of talent, daily telegraph to publish article explaining how they managed to make the signings for a combined $500,000

23. Matt Lodge to be temporarily removed from Broncos leadership group after drug fuelled rampage in a daycare centre

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
21. mr invisible admits he is wrong when he boxes himself into a corner in the face of overwelming evidence

Very bold prediction indeed

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maloney to me clearly wasn't enjoying his time there last season. Can see Luai coming in and playing really well know he knows the 6 is.
The other young kid who debuted vs Cronulla will be the 6
Matt something
His name eluded me
Wears a headgear
Future superstar

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The other young kid who debuted vs Cronulla will be the 6
Matt something
His name eluded me
Wears a headgear
Future superstar
Matt Burton looks the goods

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I’ll cop missing finals in 2020 if numbers 10 and 15 come true. Ponga for ‘21 and a couple of less arse holes brings happy thoughts.
Ponga would have to play wing as DWZ is the best lol

Last edited:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ponga would have to play wing as DWZ is the best lol
At least Dwz is more consistent.

The more I see of ponga the more I don't rate him, pulls off one great play then goes missing for the rest of the game, and or gets injured.

Shaun Johnson 2.0

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
At least Dwz is more consistent.

The more I see of ponga the more I don't rate him, pulls off one great play then goes missing for the rest of the game, and or gets injured.

Shaun Johnson 2.0
Ponga was still good last season but nowhere near the hype he's attracted from previous years. I do think a big part of it was giving up on the coach (the majority of the team did the same) and the constant media harassment after switching to five-eighth. If you don't rate him as a 1m player (also another thing in the media was he wanted 1.5m a season to re-sign with the Knights) that's fair but he's a good player and one of the best fullbacks in the game (he's a top five fullback in the game and there have been periods where he was #2). I think you'll find most Bulldogs fans would rather Ponga if it was 1:1 and 99% of fans outside both clubs would say Ponga too (maybe not the die hard Kiwi's).

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Lachlan Lewis to be our best player all year tip for close daily M chance

Sign Latrell would be nice

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Tbh Wakeham sees to be rated higher by non-bulldog fans than by actual dogs supporters.
tbh i havent seen enough of him to make an opinion yet. Hope he goes well