Tigers and the Bulldogs are leading the chase for Josh Addo-Carr

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
And I never said Meaney should replace DWZ now, or even a year or two in the future. I simply said he has the higher ceiling. People on here get so worked up when you don't suck of certain players because they don't run or hard or tackle hard ffs.

DWZ should defenitely be questioned, the deficiencies in his game are the exact same as the teams, so if he doesn't prove to be a solution then we need to look at other options and there's absolutely nothing wrong discussing that.
No you didn’t and it wasn’t directed at you specifically but the fact is this turned into a DWZ vs Meaney debate and hands down DWZ won that one.

if the topic was what DWZ needs to work on than I fully agree that to keep up with the elite fullbacks he needs to work on his passing game- something Meaney also didn’t show among a lot of other things.

No need to suck him off that’s for sure but bringing him in mid season had a massive impact blind Freddy could see that. And that’s simply why the fans are giving him his dues... he was a huge highlight in a season where it was looking quite grim there.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Speed can’t be taught and is highly underrated.

A guy like Addo-Carr makes outside defenders move away from their natural defensive spaces to make up the meters his speed commands. That creates the much needed space in attack we’ve been looking for... not to mention he is a great finisher and turns half chances into tries.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Listen to what you are saying. If DWZ can learn those things in time ... Then why can't Meaney do the same in said time. With one being a natural fullback and one wanting to learn the role can you see where we are coming from
Meaney is a long way behind so I’d persevere with DWZ .. You can’t really teach competitiveness and will to win. It’s a mindset. DWZ knock out win first round... this season proved that. Hope that makes sense?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Meaney is a long way behind so I’d persevere with DWZ .. You can’t really teach competitiveness and will to win. It’s a mindset. DWZ knock out win first round... this season proved that. Hope that makes sense?
And thats exactly what I've said in previous posts. I'm happy to have him there for next two seasons but I don't think we'll win a comp with him at fullback is all.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
And I never said Meaney should replace DWZ now, or even a year or two in the future. I simply said he has the higher ceiling. People on here get so worked up when you don't suck of certain players because they don't run or hard or tackle hard ffs.

DWZ should defenitely be questioned, the deficiencies in his game are the exact same as the teams, so if he doesn't prove to be a solution then we need to look at other options and there's absolutely nothing wrong discussing that.
Were talking to walls man. Just make em happy and say Lewis is the best half in the game and DWZ is the best fullback lol

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Were talking to walls man. Just make em happy and say Lewis is the best half in the game and DWZ is the best fullback lol
That’s a terrible comparison one of them
Is actually a really good player...

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
And thats exactly what I've said in previous posts. I'm happy to have him there for next two seasons but I don't think we'll win a comp with him at fullback is all.
Fair enough. I don’t think Meaney has shown enough to be The long term answer either. See how he goes next year..

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to know on what basis Meaney has the higher ceiling than dwz. Because I have the feeling the response that will be provided can apply to anyone that has played fullback and is younger than dwz

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we tell his manager to show us a signed official offer from the Roosters and we'll offer 50K a season more

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Listen to what you are saying. If DWZ can learn those things in time ... Then why can't Meaney do the same in said time. With one being a natural fullback and one wanting to learn the role can you see where we are coming from
Meany was terrible at fb and then was ordinary at wing but thankfully come good on the wing at the end of the year he will have a great year on “the wing” and dwz at fb

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Addo Carr will struggle a bit with such slow centres inside him. I would prefer a good centre and have Meaney on the wing.
besides, I dont consider up to $1m as good value for a winger.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If true that reimis will switch to centre your theory blown out of the water.
And you cannot dismiss the silky hands of hoppa, has the best hands in the business.
Why, was chambers a speedster? Or that other centre they had recently on the left Mr slow coach...
Addo Carr will struggle a bit with such slow centres inside him. I would prefer a good centre and have Meaney on the wing.
besides, I dont consider up to $1m as good value for a winger.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If true that reimis will switch to centre your theory blown out of the water.
And you cannot dismiss the silky hands of hoppa, has the best hands in the business.
Why, was chambers a speedster? Or that other centre they had recently on the left Mr slow coach...
True..Hoppa has the best hands. Sadly he has the slowest feet.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah, The best half and fullback in the game at the moment is not not DWZ or Lewis. But FUCK them and all the dickheads on here and elsewhere that constantly find fault in our blokes. If they are wearing our jersey they should be supported, fuck I am getting sick of some of the self credited experts that most likely have never laced a boot giving their flog opinions..

Aaaah, thats better.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Nah, The best half and fullback in the game at the moment is not not DWZ or Lewis. But FUCK them and all the dickheads on here and elsewhere that constantly find fault in our blokes. If they are wearing our jersey they should be supported, fuck I am getting sick of some of the self credited experts that most likely have never laced a boot giving their flog opinions..

Aaaah, thats better.
Wake up mate I'm not saying shit about either of them actually happy to have them both in the team. Sorry I'm not a blind support that will circle jerk over any player lol

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Aaaah, thats better.
Also you'll actually find if you go through kennel history that Meaney has copped alot of shit but not by me, so in a way you are contradicting your argument when directing it at me

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wake up mate I'm not saying shit about either of them actually happy to have them both in the team. Sorry I'm not a blind support that will circle jerk over any player lol
Chill Mike, I was not directing my love towards you. (Dont start shaping a new shiv..) I am more venting my spleen at the need by many on here to shit bag our own. We all have opinions on who is best in whatever position or coach, but that doesn't or shouldn't mean we instantly use circle jerk or jizz fest to reference those who differ.

Sancho2020 is a perfect example, anyone would think that LL tried to date his sister or something... You dont like his game? cool. Like Frawley, soon or later he will get found out and moved on. In this case I think the opposite, I reckon he is footballer and will find his place in the side.

If you think that makes me part of a jizz fest or a circle jerk.... well.... uuummm

Fuck off.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score

Aaaah, thats better.
Yeah you're right.

Shut down the forum guys. Been nice knowing you all.