Tigers and the Bulldogs are leading the chase for Josh Addo-Carr

Dog R Us

Waterboy
Reaction score
In our case we've released both Finucane and Kasiano to those fuckers and got very little in return.
Well we actually pushed Kasiano out after signing Arron Woods. He signed with the Storm for less money. He is still the only player i've ever known who actually got fit and went backwards. Go figure!

I cant explain the decision to let Finucane out of his contract early. It certainly had nothing to do with his form. Anyone know the reason?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well we actually pushed Kasiano out after signing Arron Woods. He signed with the Storm for less money. He is still the only player i've ever known who actually got fit and went backwards. Go figure!

I cant explain the decision to let Finucane out of his contract early. It certainly had nothing to do with his form. Anyone know the reason?
Apparently signed for less money anyway. The Storm probably still have a second set of books somewhere. And Kasiano lost too much weight. He looked like an AFL player by the time he finished the off season. I think that his problem during the last season with us was that the hooking department was in tatters and his acceleration is just ordinary which meant that having to play flat footed while waiting for a Lichaa pass meant he never got any momentum. Bellamy shouldn't have enforced such a strict fitness regime on him and allowed him to be an impact player. A few big charges with Smith feeding him ball at pace would have had him looking like a monster again.

Apparently Finucane requested the release to join Melbourne as they wanted to give him more minutes. We were busily playing a very soft Tony Williams more than most people wanted to see him getting. He came here for a payday then seemed to start conserving his body.. Looked like he had no hunger at all. The decision to let one of our better juniors go astounded me at the time and I still wish that we'd kept Finucane over Williams. He's just a really hard nosed no frills player who adds a little intimidation to whatever pack he's in.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hardly sounds liike the club have said they're willing to throw the kitchen sink at him. Seems like we've merely said yep he's a good player and we'd discuss a move with him. The Telecrap have taken a HUGE leap in saying we're throwing the kitchen sink at him. You have to remember that we're a well supported club and the telecrap know that if our supporters buy into the idea they might spend a few measley dollars supporting their shit rags in the hope of finding out more.

This actually pisses me off a lot. As much as the Storm have every right to stick to their guns and ask for a fair deal to release JAC, they take a different stance in seeking players from elsewhere. In our case we've released both Finucane and Kasiano to those fuckers and got very little in return. It's not like they offered us some of their salary cap space and good juniors in compensation. They just had their rasping hands out looking to only benefit from their end. So if I had any say in the matter I'd generously offer them a box of tissues to wipe away their tears if they were upset and not much more.

I hadn't read this article before but having read it now if anything I tend to think the telecrap has creatively applied a lot of weight to an inconsequential statement from Hill. It's the equivalent of showing someone a picture of a girl and asking if they'd date her and them replying "Possibly, she's pretty" then them using that to say they plan to move heaven and earth to marry the girl in the picture. I don't want to discourage people from having hopes of us signing anyone. I just want people to temper those hopes with a dose of realism. This article basically confirms to me that the Telegcrap haven't got anything close to an idea if he'll leave and where he'd go if he did.

What I'm seeing right now from the club is that they're intending to give chances to our juniors to fill the backline weaknesses we have. We replaced some of the forwards we released from within with the likes of Ogden, To'omaga and the recruitment of Britt and Stimson. This doesn't rule out that we might sign others for the pack in the near future, just shows that they're attending to the roster with what we have ready in the lower grades as much as possible. It seems like the fact that we've primarily added outside backs to the list of development players ahead of next season means that we're hopeful of giving a few youngsters opportunity if they're pushing hard enough in the lower grades.

If the board succeed in improving the roster to a significant extent from within I'll be happy with that. I don't think they're actively trying to move forward without signing any noteworthy players, but even our last board scored some good signings like Curtis Rona who were very under-rated where they were. And the previous board made huge errors like throwing the kitchen sink at Tony Williams, David Woods, Micheal Lichaa, and Moses Mbye. It just seems to me like we've already made astute recruitment decisions to some extent. The only errors that many perceive the new board to have made is supposedly in missing out on opportunities to sign certain players. The coach and the board know they're going to face major scrutiny if they don't have a competitive side together in 2021. And personally I'm hopeful we see signs of things coming together next year, but the mess the club was in has been a hard one to clean up. I don't blame this new board fro being a bit gun shy about throwing huge money at a couple of players and hoping that they'll improve the team massively. It was tried and it failed. They're trying to get a better level of quality into numerous positions. Stars are able to do their thing when those around them are reliable. Hopefully when we have 17 reliable players some of them will show the hidden talent that they've been struggling to showcase.
I agree, the club is putting a lot of trust in our junior development and looking to spend our future salary cap around those guys. The board is also playing it smart, they understand our salary cap history and are learning from those previous mistakes. Ado-Carr, won't be coming, and the club is not going to waste the cap. I do think the NRL needs to reconsider it's position on clubs needing to spend 95% of the cap on the current roster, its a joke and currently only favours the top teams!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
How on earth can you be critical of dwz seriously he was a revealation for us
He was, but we can still find immense value in him if he's returning kicks from the wing , can always drop under the fullback and take the returns. If he develops his all round game then great, but because of how hard he runs at times I feel like he has tunnel vision and passing or kicking is never an option, just short offloads.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He was, but we can still find immense value in him if he's returning kicks from the wing , can always drop under the fullback and take the returns. If he develops his all round game then great, but because of how hard he runs at times I feel like he has tunnel vision and passing or kicking is never an option, just short offloads.
But he killed it “as a fullback” seriously some people on here are never happy,he is the least of our problems

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How on earth can you be critical of dwz seriously he was a revealation for us
Exactly. Anybody who thinks DWZ can't be a FB is on meth.. and we've yet to see what he can do with halves who are playing well.. everything he did with the ball was quality, and his voice/ organisation at the back is much like Slater's was for Melbourne

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Because DWZ is far from a sure thing at FB and in theory Meaney has the higher ceiling. DWZ has the job for now and it's completely up to him if he retains it longterm, but he needs to make major improvements on the offensive side on the game because he's far from the elusive ball runner or capable ball player you need at fullback. Defensively he is very good though still sus under the highball.

The higher ceiling? With that comment I’m guessing your assuming Meaney will captain Australia one day?

becuase you know dwz has captained his country right?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The higher ceiling? With that comment I’m guessing your assuming Meaney will captain Australia one day?

Lol no, the fuck sort of comment is that? Fuck sake you lot are fucking stupid sometimes.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Assumptions get you nowhere fast my dude. Anyways DWZ only got in as captain due to injuries. You guys are frothing over him over like he's the best fullback going around, he's so far from an elite, his effort though is excellent and thats why I give him hope... But yeah he's not as good as everyone makes out.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol no, the fuck sort of comment is that? Fuck sake you lot are fucking stupid sometimes.
look Meaney might seem to have more natural fullback traits but overall he is a massive downgrade on DWZ. Dallin is still young enough to develop the ball playing we need from him. So many other areas he is miles in front of Meaney, strength in contact, defensively, communication and leadership qualities...we really shouldn’t even be questioning this as someone else said DWZ is least of our worries right now.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
look Meaney might seem to have more natural fullback traits but overall he is a massive downgrade on DWZ. Dallin is still young enough to develop the ball playing we need from him. So many other areas he is miles in front of Meaney, strength in contact, defensively, communication and leadership qualities...we really shouldn’t even be questioning this as someone else said DWZ is least of our worries right now.
Listen to what you are saying. If DWZ can learn those things in time ... Then why can't Meaney do the same in said time. With one being a natural fullback and one wanting to learn the role can you see where we are coming from

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Assumptions get you nowhere fast my dude. Anyways DWZ only got in as captain due to injuries. You guys are frothing over him over like he's the best fullback going around, he's so far from an elite, his effort though is excellent and thats why I give him hope... But yeah he's not as good as everyone makes out.

if DWZ is far from an elite then I don't think there are many elite players getting around.. Might not be a Teddy, but if he continues from where he left off, he will easily be one of the top fullbacks in the game.. we went from weekly hidings to conceding only a few tries on average each week so it's clear what influence he has at the back

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
And I never said Meaney should replace DWZ now, or even a year or two in the future. I simply said he has the higher ceiling. People on here get so worked up when you don't suck of certain players because they don't run or hard or tackle hard ffs.

DWZ should defenitely be questioned, the deficiencies in his game are the exact same as the teams, so if he doesn't prove to be a solution then we need to look at other options and there's absolutely nothing wrong discussing that.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be fair, he’s right though. If you see their houses, DWZ does have a higher ceiling.

Only by a few inches though.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Carr could be our new centre, gotta make an honest attempt at snaring him.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nah we shouldn’t buy anyone cause our halves are shit.
In other news our halves are responsible for the bush fires.
No one in our team had the ability to improve, no one. Hand in our NRL membership, kick us out of the Comp we’re done

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Alot of talk saying he's got speed and we won't be able to utilise him with our halves... I disagree, the amount of times we've got space and not had the legs to go the distance infuriates me. His support and natural instinct is second to none and I would love to see him outside Hopoate. If we did sign him I'd go with this.
1. DWZ (would prefer Meaney but DWZ is who we need there right now)
2. Okunbur
3. Smith
4. Hopoate
5. Addo-Carr
Was keen on Averillo at centre, but Smith wants a go at centre... and his reluctance to take hard carries at times would likely mean we would need Okunbur on the wing
DWZ is far better than Meaney at fullback. I think he’s more than proven that.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
he is the best signing we have had in many many years