20 bold predictions for the 2020 NRL season

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought you guys might appreciate a good laugh (bar no.11)

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...d/news-story/08099889812d9bf3b594ebd7312d622c

from Reddit

TL;DR

1. Titans to be in the mix for the eight

2. Kearney to be sacked... and replaced by Brown

3. Exits from the Sharks (centres)

4. Penrith for the wooden spoon

5. Parra top four

6. Payne Haas will win the Dally M

7. Cameron Smith will play more games at halfback than at 9

8. The captain’s challenge will be scrapped after Round 8

9. Sam Bremner returns with a bang, wins a Golden Boot

10. Sticky will be first coach fined

11. Dally M rookie of the year Wakeham guides Dogs into finals

12. Blues get (Liam) Knighted by rookie

13. Sharks sink (miss the 8)

14. Kangaroos go undefeated on tour

15. Rabbitohs win Perth Nines

16. Maroons to win Origin series 3-0

17. Latrell to return to the Origin arena for the Blues

18. Jamayne Isaako to be NRL’s top point scorer

19. Paul McGregor to be sacked by mid-season

20. Sea Eagles to beat Raiders in the Grand Final

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im not going to argue with too much of that especially the Dogs and Panthers parts, ive already said the Panthers will struggle

Panthers will struggle, but not sure about spoon, and Sharks...

guess there are some good points, it was just hard to read it and take it seriously when number 1 was Titans in the mix for the eight...

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Panthers will struggle, but not sure about spoon, and Sharks...

guess there are some good points, it was just hard to read it and take it seriously when number 1 was Titans in the mix for the eight...
Love the wakeham part bud !!

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For Num 5, they left out the last bit of the sentence sentence. '..., out in straight sets in the finals'.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Think that prediction on Wakeham is no chance of happening. I can’t see him getting game time in the halves until the season is cooked unless it’s through injury.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
1. No chance
2. I can see it happening
3. Too many Centres, no one wants Dugan tho
4. No chance
5. There or about
6. Freak so why not, one of if not the best Prop's in the game
7. Grant and B. Smith more than capable at Hooker
8. No chance, removes poor referee decisions (the only complaint will be teams without a challenge left)
9. I don't know enough about the Women's game
10. No chance, Raiders will be loyal for at least one year - they're too good anyways
11. Not realistic, we're going to be fighting to not be in the bottom four, sorry boys
12. Too rash, doubt Freddy would pick him
13. There or about
14. Not bold, they're expected to go undefeated
15. Not sure who I'd pick to win it
16. Blues 2-1 or 3-0
17. Best Centre in the game so he should be there, Wighton would need to dip in form
18. If he stays at Fullback and Goal kicker then he has a good chance
19. I'd say at least 50% chance he's gone after next year
20. Sea Eagles have a great 1-17 but too reliant on injuries, Roosters and Storm still favourites

I guess we're going bold...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
‘MARK MY WORDS!’
Er, maybe not.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If number 20 happens, are we going to beg old mate to come back? Lol

They were my pick for premiers prior to the Fainu incident, I still like them though, only it will be against Roosters.. Faders will be back to 5th or 6th

I don't have a problem with Des myself, he did all he could here.. not many teams would have beaten that 2012 Storm team... and the Souths game was decided before our boys hit the field... I'm happy with Deano though :grinning:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
They were my pick for premiers prior to the Fainu incident, I still like them though, only it will be against Roosters.. Faders will be back to 5th or 6th

I don't have a problem with Des myself, he did all he could here.. not many teams would have beaten that 2012 Storm team... and the Souths game was decided before our boys hit the field... I'm happy with Deano though :grinning:
He did all he could alright mate. All he could do to fuck us for years to come

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He did all he could alright mate. All he could do to fuck us for years to come
You need to be blaming the higher ups. If you give the coach that much power then you deserve what you get. I doubt he was the one that got the information that the salary cap would increase dramatically - which it didn't. For all we know he was pushed to work with a higher/new salary cap from above. At the time I thought we were crazy to sack Des and bring in Pay (who has done a terrific job, not a Pay hater). An experienced, one of the best coaches in the NRL (who didn't make the finals once AND created the crazy experiment and didn't even get one season with it) or a rookie coach. I didn't really see the sense in it but we're here now.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You need to be blaming the higher ups. If you give the coach that much power then you deserve what you get. I doubt he was the one that got the information that the salary cap would increase dramatically - which it didn't. For all we know he was pushed to work with a higher/new salary cap from above. At the time I thought we were crazy to sack Des and bring in Pay (who has done a terrific job, not a Pay hater). An experienced, one of the best coaches in the NRL (who didn't make the finals once AND created the crazy experiment and didn't even get one season with it) or a rookie coach. I didn't really see the sense in it but we're here now.
Wasn’t just cap though with the Despot’s power. Let Finucane, Cook and Ennis go, the latter for Liccha who he said would play Origin. Brought in T. Williams etc. Acknowledge he got us to two GF’s but he seemed to be losing the plot by 2016 and Ray only did something about it when he was facing an election. Between Williams, Foran, himself, Cleal and his other mates, the Manly superannuation fund got one hell of a top up from the Dogs coffers.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bazildogs 20 (some will happen some should happen, some are just wishes and some are just the writings of a lunatic..)

1. Dogs to be 5 wins from first 6 games to start the season
2. The Kennel livid and call for Pays sacking for dropping a game.
3. Roosters embroiled in Sombrero gate after former player dobs on uncle nick.
4. Paul Gallen calls out Nick Meaney to charity boxing match and gets knocked out in 1st round. Meaney signs with Team Mundine
5. Latrell Mitchell signs with South Sydney but refuses to play with Bunny emblem on Jersey as it doesn’t reflect his marsupial beliefs.
6. Russel Crowe come out in support and convinces NRL to approve medical retirement for him and Wayne Bennett.
7. Penif lose first 5 games and extend Nathan and Ivan’s contracts by a further 5 years.
8. Anthony Seabold exposed as the shit coach he really is.
9. Newcastle to flounder and also have salary cap issues with Pearce and Klemmer behind another coach coup.
10. Phil Gould called in to do performance review. Hires Anthony Griffen as new coach, overseas Klemmer trade before June 30 to Cronulla and Ponga to the Dogs.
11. Not one NRL player is arrested or charged with any serious offence or brings the game into disrepute thru all of 2020.
12. Josh Dugan doesn’t go down injured or limp off in any games during 2020
13. Erin Molan named as Ray Warrens replacement as lead caller.
14. Bill Harrigan takes over as boss of referees. Starts awarding weekly trophy to the best ref of the round. Nominated himself every week.
15. Paul Kent and Phil Rothfield are invited to Canterbury fan weekend getaway. (Never seen again)
16. Horsey alias 187 comes back from 15th sinbinning a changed man. Becomes super popular with all members and is voted to position of “Ultimate Mod”
17. Bradyk pays overs for a sausage roll coke combo at a Belmore home game. But argues it was a "Marque roll" and worth the extra coin.
18. Manly win the Spoon (Parra/Rorters tie for second last). Des sacked. Fatty takes over.
19. Dogs win comp after coming from 8th. Lachlan Lewis kicks winning field goal in extra time after setting up the draw at full time via a 30 metre cut out pass to Dally M winger of the year Okunbor.
20. Sancho2020 named president of the Lewis “fanclub”

Last edited: