Pays Favourites

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The title of this post is "Pays favourites".
I can tell you now that Pays favourites are the ones who make a 100% contribution to the team.
If they dont put in, they cease being a Pays favourites. A few players in that category are now seeking employment elsewhere.
The secret to success is their contribution. Pay demands that.
Interested to hear how you would define “100% contribution to the team”.
Is this referring to players like Elliott and Smith who we assume train well but offer minimal value during a game?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Is this referring to players like Elliott and Smith who we assume train well but offer minimal value during a game?
Are you saying they don’t make much effort in games or that they aren’t as skilled as other players?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The title of this post is "Pays favourites".
I can tell you now that Pays favourites are the ones who make a 100% contribution to the team.
If they dont put in, they cease being a Pays favourites. A few players in that category are now seeking employment elsewhere.
The secret to success is their contribution. Pay demands that.
I’m sure you’ll agree the fans always need to have scapegoats. In recent times names like Sam Perrett, Corey Hughes, Daniel Holdsworth, Johnno Wright, Mitch Brown and the old slow version of Hazem come to mind

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you saying they don’t make much effort in games or that they aren’t as skilled as other players?
The latter. Not questioning effort at all.

I’m just keen to hear what speedy meant by “100% contribution to the team” and whether that’s reflected in a game setting, which is what matters most in this results based team game

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The latter. Not questioning effort at all.

I’m just keen to hear what speedy meant by “100% contribution to the team” and whether that’s reflected in a game setting, which is what matters most in this results based team game
Fair enough. I can’t fault their effort but we can’t expect us to be on par with other teams yet when it comes to skill levels

Last edited:

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair enough. I can’t fault their effort but we can’t expect to me on par with other teams yet when it comes to skill levels
Very true. You can feel it coming though. Hopefully Pay gives some of our young pups a go this year, if they deserve it of course

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Very true. You can feel it coming though. Hopefully Pay gives some of our young pups a go this year, if they deserve it of course
I’m sure he will like he did with Okunbur.
Inexperienced will still be an issue for the squad but I guess a little less now

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I do not worship Elliott. I just think he’s a really good player.

Last edited:

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it was pretty obvious that a few players did not perform to their ability, particularly in the first half of the season.
Pay dropped a few of them, and with good reason. They seemed to have got the message in the latter part and started to make a better effort.
Reputations mean very little. Its performing at your peak that counts.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As i said...Elliott is injury backup...would get a contract renewal on min wage...no more. He is more likely to try his luck in superleague