News A school like no other Jayden Okunbor

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
A great article, and well written too. Nice to see we have players who can string words together, and paint a very real picture of the topic.

My late father served as a commando, behind enemy lines in PNG. He wasn't exactly enamoured with the place, but couldn't praise the natives enough for the help and support they provided, at great risk to themselves. They were affectionately called the "fuzzy wuzzy angels". Without their bush skills, he would have been in a Japanese prison camp from day one. He had plenty of criticism of the high command, but nothing but praise for the locals.

A Berries/Bulldogs supporter all his life, he would have enjoyed reading this.
Ditto, my dad was an anti aircraft gunner in PNG, the last game he was at with my son and me was the 2004 Grand Final.

Go Dogs

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What do you mean by that though? It's not like he shy's away from contact and look at his running stats you don't get those if you don't run hard.
Aggressiveness and technique? Kid hardly uses his upper body in those runs and his D is near abysmal because he doesn't like driving forward with his shoulders or his body weight. Would like too see the kid become a man and start throwing his body around more, hence the balls dropping.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Aggressiveness and technique? Kid hardly uses his upper body in those runs and his D is near abysmal because he doesn't like driving forward with his shoulders or his body weight. Would like too see the kid become a man and start throwing his body around more, hence the balls dropping.
Don't agree at all about running the ball it's just his running style he breaks plenty or tackles and makes meters I'm not sure what else you can really ask for? The biggest problem he has is his decision making and positioning in defence once he learns that he will be fine.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A great article, and well written too. Nice to see we have players who can string words together, and paint a very real picture of the topic.

My late father served as a commando, behind enemy lines in PNG. He wasn't exactly enamoured with the place, but couldn't praise the natives enough for the help and support they provided, at great risk to themselves. They were affectionately called the "fuzzy wuzzy angels". Without their bush skills, he would have been in a Japanese prison camp from day one. He had plenty of criticism of the high command, but nothing but praise for the locals.

A Berries/Bulldogs supporter all his life, he would have enjoyed reading this.
Your father sounds like a great man who endured things that I cannot even fathom in his early years.
I think we all take our life styles for granted these days and complain about trivial matters
Like which player is on the wing next season lol

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't agree at all about running the ball it's just his running style he breaks plenty or tackles and makes meters I'm not sure what else you can really ask for? The biggest problem he has is his decision making and positioning in defence once he learns that he will be fine.
Ok if you don't see it, you don't see it. Kids got leg drive rather not much confidence in the upper regions.

Last edited:

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Some players will come into the League, get a big head, run a muck off the field, drop there form or get into trouble, get depressed and at the back end of there career start to grow up and get it together, get grateful etc. They might then see this type of community service as something they might be interested in.
Good for him, good for the Dogs and good for the community he went and helped.

Now lets hope his defense improves, he learns how to read whats in front of him on the field and backs himself. 2020 is a new year, good luck to him.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With the new “no tackling in the air” rule, he has to be in the side.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Iffy in the air, and in defense but I like how he starts our sets off.

He runs too upright aswell.

Last edited:

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Shameful bump for unfortunate title

shindig

Waterboy
Reaction score
Shameful bump for unfortunate title
“I like being able to work with kids one-on-one and build personal relationships and friendships. I don’t just want to be an authoritarian, telling kids what to do all the time. I want to have fun with them”

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
“I like being able to work with kids one-on-one and build personal relationships and friendships. I don’t just want to be an authoritarian, telling kids what to do all the time. I want to have fun with them”
Laughed hard at this!