2020 memberships

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
They need our support in good times and bad bud. Hope you renew. I’ll be there cheering them on regardless.
We’ve been through some very rough times as fans. The salary cap penalty, Coffs Harbour, SBW, Barba and embarrassing “fans” smashing trains are a few that come straight to mine. Des and co almost destroying our club has been hard to take but unless I’m away for work or holidays I won’t miss a home or away game. I know it’s not easy when we aren’t going well and aren’t buying marquee players but we are on the way back. Get aboard!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I cancelled my auto renew for next season as soon as it was announced that we would be playing at Parramatta. They asked why and I told them. It's in a horrible location, far too difficult to park and the public transport for me would be 3 buses and a train and take longer than the game itself to just get there, let alone get home afterwards. I'll go to the Belmore games, easy to park and even by public transport only 1 x 25 minute bus ride.

Go Dogs

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I cancelled my auto renew for next season as soon as it was announced that we would be playing at Parramatta. They asked why and I told them. It's in a horrible location, far too difficult to park and the public transport for me would be 3 buses and a train and take longer than the game itself to just get there, let alone get home afterwards. I'll go to the Belmore games, easy to park and even by public transport only 1 x 25 minute bus ride.

Go Dogs
Belmore games easy to park????? Maybe if you arrive at the ground 3 hours early.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Go Dogs
That’s a shame but I guess they have to expect some disruption including membership continuity during the ANZ re-dev. Hopefully you get back aboard later. Bankwest is a good stadium to watch games. They run courtesy buses from Parra station on game days in case anyone wasn’t aware...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s a shame but I guess they have to expect some disruption including membership continuity during the ANZ re-dev. Hopefully you get back aboard later. Bankwest is a good stadium to watch games. They run courtesy buses from Parra station on game days in case anyone wasn’t aware...
No matter the venue, there will be those who complain about having to take too long to get somewhere, whether it be Parra Belmore, SFS (well, what used to be) or ANZ. Can never please everybody.

(Having said that, of course - my excuse is that i now live interstate. But haven't missed a Gold Coast or Brisbane game since being up here).

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Belmore games easy to park????? Maybe if you arrive at the ground 3 hours early.
I have been going to games at Belmore for a long long long time and I know where to park and don't bother asking, I'm not telling you or anyone else ;)
Plus if I don't feel like driving it's a 20/25 minute bus ride, compared to over 1.5 hours each way for Paramatta. With the bonus that I can drop into the leagues club, the Bulldogs club, our club, for a drink or 2.

Go Dogs

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
They should just let us know if we are getting that wonderful key ring. It’s the only reason people renew their membership

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always amuses me the Flexi3 and Born n Bred cost the same, Flexi3 gives access to 3 games & BnB none otherwise they're the same...

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Another reason to support my decision to not support theirs. . The club is losing its identity playing their 'home games ' in enemy territory.
If anyone thinks we're going to rise from mediocrity you're kidding yourselves... this is proof that the club has no spine. It's all just about money

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Another reason to support my decision to not support theirs. . The club is losing its identity playing their 'home games ' in enemy territory. What do they think they're fans are? Sheep?
What alternative suggestion(s) do you have? ANZ closed mid-2020, SFS already levelled, SCG terrible to watch RL - Belmore not suitable for multiple/regular games...there’s not a lot of available stock.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What alternative suggestion(s) do you have? ANZ closed mid-2020, SFS already levelled, SCG terrible to watch RL - Belmore not suitable for multiple/regular games...there’s not a lot of available stock.
The club also conducted mem
Another reason to support my decision to not support theirs. . The club is losing its identity playing their 'home games ' in enemy territory.
If anyone thinks we're going to rise from mediocrity you're kidding yourselves... this is proof that the club has no spine. It's all just about money
The club sent surveys to members asking where we wanted to play

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think playing home games in Parramatta is the answer. Parramatta is off the grid

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The club also conducted mem

The club sent surveys to members asking where we wanted to play
So you think people from Canterbury / bankstown voted to travel to parramatta to watch their local team play there over watching their team play in their local area? Yeah ok

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't think playing home games in Parramatta is the answer. Parramatta is off the grid
I don’t like Parramatta but that stadium is 100 times better than Belmore for a fan. Other factors need to be considered like corporate & sponsors too

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So you think people from Canterbury / bankstown voted to travel to parramatta to watch their local team play there over watching their team play in their local area? Yeah ok
I’m not sure what people in Canterbury/Bankstown voted but most of the members voted for Bankwest over Belmore and I was one of them. Belmore sports ground is third world

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tbh I think they don't want to improve belmore oval at all.. I don't know the reasoning behind it. It's not like it would cost that much to add seating

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Tbh I think they don't want to improve belmore oval at all.. I don't know the reasoning behind it. It's not like it would cost that much to add seating
There is much more to any decision around that than the club can make. Conversion of the adjacent railway to Metro by 2024 is one of several reasons why modifying Belmore is highly unlikely. Other issues are the adjacent bowling club and the zoning of Peter Moore Field and Terry Lamb Reserve either side of BSG... I’m not necessarily supportive of Parramatta at all, but I don’t think there was a lot of choice until ANZ re-opens.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t like Parramatta but that stadium is 100 times better than Belmore for a fan. Other factors need to be considered like corporate & sponsors too
I don't think belmore oval is a good place to watch either , sitting on the grass is a very poor experience , the quality of sound, the video all third world shit .. I totally agree but these are minor fixes.. It's just that the club don't have the pride or backbone to be doing anything about it.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I posted this in the Bankwest topic but was in rugby league general.
Are members happy with the Bankwest seating allocations that came out yesterday? We got great seats and are very happy

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is much more to any decision around that than the club can make. Conversion of the adjacent railway to Metro by 2024 is one of several reasons why modifying Belmore is highly unlikely. Other issues are the adjacent bowling club and the zoning of Peter Moore Field and Terry Lamb Reserve either side of BSG... I’m not necessarily supportive of Parramatta at all, but I don’t think there was a lot of choice until ANZ re-opens.
Money talks