197cm teen Tino Fa’asuamaleaui, who’s played just 113 minutes of NRL, to quit Storm for $2.7m deal

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't get the hype around Lomax myself... Sure he has potential, but so do many other players
And all I can do is agree, the off season is coming to an end lol.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'm just happy to see all these players bailing on the storm, I dont even care where they go!
The Storm's stranglehold on the comp is coming to an end - and they can see it.

It started with them missing out on the GF in 2019. It will continue in 2020 with Cam Smith's departure at season's end.

All these players they have coming through maybe great, but they are no Smith, Slater & Cooper. Eventually, they will be a nuffy team. If it can happen to the Broncos, it can happen to Melbourne.

For too long Brisbane relied on Langer, Lockyer and Tallis (Tallis as a leader). Then all 3 retire.

Look at them now.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder if they had a crack at Taukeiaho for 700k a season. That's a lot of money.

I guess Flegler re-signed for 600k with the Broncos. They're around the same level...

Even if you discover or are the first club to give these players a chance they'll go elsewhere for more money or you'll have to meet in the middle (possibly more) to retain them.
600 for fleg?? some of the shit quoted on this forum is absurd

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Storm's stranglehold on the comp is coming to an end - and they can see it.

It started with them missing out on the GF in 2019. It will continue in 2020 with Cam Smith's departure at season's end.

All these players they have coming through maybe great, but they are no Smith, Slater & Cooper. Eventually, they will be a nuffy team. If it can happen to the Broncos, it can happen to Melbourne.

For too long Brisbane relied on Langer, Lockyer and Tallis (Tallis as a leader). Then all 3 retire.

Look at them now.

They have had such stability for so long but they were genuinely shook this year even though they were comfortable ladder leaders, they knew Roosters easily had their number and I don't think Bellyache genuinely believed the spine change was going to work, but he had to try something, and hope...

People will pump up Papenhuyzen, but let's be honest, it's all because of that breakout game v a Parra team who even on their best day, aren't exactly renowned for their defence.. He's decent, but a long way to go.. same with Hughes. B Smith is a good little terrier, but will never be as effective as Cameron... not many will!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
600 for fleg?? some of the shit quoted on this forum is absurd
Allegedly I guess. I'd rather go with the media than nothing. I don't think he's worth that but that's what has come out.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Kid is a weapon but why you would go to either club is an absolute mystery, what a waste

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kid is a weapon but why you would go to either club is an absolute mystery, what a waste
Titans are desperate, and need to make these sorts of signings.

This is last chance saloon for them. If they do not perform this year, I can see there license being revoked and given to a 2nd Brisbane team.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
imagine being shafted for the TITANS

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Titans are desperate, and need to make these sorts of signings.

This is last chance saloon for them. If they do not perform this year, I can see there license being revoked and given to a 2nd Brisbane team.

Warriors should be first out for mine, they aren't even in Australia (National Rugby League) and their teams just don't seem to handle the fatigue from all the travel, which generally shows at the back end of each season... apart from just plain sucking, they always look tired

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Warriors should be first out for mine, they aren't even in Australia (National Rugby League) and their teams just don't seem to handle the fatigue from all the travel, which generally shows at the back end of each season... apart from just plain sucking, they always look tired
Problem with that -is they still bring in the moula. League may be the 2nd sport for the country, but that still represents a huge pie. I would also imagine that having NZ is a decent bargaining chip when negotiating for TV rights.

Titans on the other hand...

Funnily enough though - if you look at the A-League ... do you wanna guess how much the TV rights is worth yearly for the Wellington Pheonix? 50k!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Problem with that -is they still bring in the moula. League may be the 2nd sport for the country, but that still represents a huge pie. I would also imagine that having NZ is a decent bargaining chip when negotiating for TV rights.

Titans on the other hand...

Funnily enough though - if you look at the A-League ... do you wanna guess how much the TV rights is worth yearly for the Wellington Pheonix? 50k!

they might bring in moula but teams like the Titans and Warriors drag the standards of the game down and I can only imagine it has an impact on creating/ or converting people into league fans... I have no idea what can be done about it.. but I reckon deductions to player payments should be somehow implemented... Look at Ash Taylor, the guy isn't injured, he just refuses to play.... he is on around a mill a year..... how is that fair on the two Titans players who do turn up each week

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thats a great signing by Holbrook.. This kid is special, he has all the physical attributes and has done very well in lower grades..

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Massive signing for the titans. Well played. I guess with the inevitable departure of arrow to the rabs they really need him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's the kind of risk the Titans have to take and even if it doesn't work out long term, it was still the right move to make and is a coup of sorts to recruit Tino..

He looked great in his limited minutes last season and if he ends up being half as good as Haas, then the contract that seems like a lot now will and up being a bargain.

We will likely have Elliott on not much less than this kid for the next few years. It goes to show how careful the club needs to be with the cap space for 2020..