Pays Favourites

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Baa is quite happy doing his corporate gig at the club and after his experience at the Tigers has no intention of coaching again at that level.
I remember an interview a while back on Fox where baa actually said he'd be more than happy to coach again.. in saying that don't think coaching is the right gig for the bloke.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So you gronks are still bad mouthing Elliott, huh?

face it, Elliott is an asset to this club and if any of you clowns knew half as much as you think you know, you’d be helping to manage the club and not pushing pencils or unclogging toilets.
#Elliottfororigin2020
Elliot origin? Highly doubt it but his definitely an asset to the club and its culture.. most that talk negatively about the guy and Tolman for that fact forget or didn't guys like Gillies and co. Absolutely average players but warriors on the field that through everything into anything when it mattered.. it's the stuff every team needs come finals.

UNO

Waterboy
Reaction score
We need to give Pay this year to see how he goes. If the team gets decimated with injuries and we finish bad, then its out of his hands (unless he and the conditioning team are screwing up).

If not and we finish worse than this season, i would be changing my views on him

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The title of this post is "Pays favourites".
I can tell you now that Pays favourites are the ones who make a 100% contribution to the team.
If they dont put in, they cease being a Pays favourites. A few players in that category are now seeking employment elsewhere.
The secret to success is their contribution. Pay demands that.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He Was Great when we bought him.

Cogger and Meaney have both improved, CHN got better at the end of this season.. Dylan is playing a new role so will leave him out, but I thought he was a pass... Sue was starting to come good prior to injury, so another we have to leave out... not a buy, but Okunbor, bar a couple of quiet games, has improved out of sight since his debut

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Cogger and Meaney have both improved, CHN got better at the end of this season.. Dylan is playing a new role so will leave him out, but I thought he was a pass... Sue was starting to come good prior to injury, so another we have to leave out... not a buy, but Okunbor, bar a couple of quiet games, has improved out of sight since his debut
Can't remember when I originally posted that but the last 6-8 games everyone improved. But I wouldn't give all the credit to pay, the team actual bonding and getting to know each other would of had more impact than pay alone.

If he buys well and the boys keep improving Pay would not be an issue.

His issue is game, time and bench management, which even his staunchest supporters can agree with.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't remember when I originally posted that but the last 6-8 games everyone improved. But I wouldn't give all the credit to pay, the team actual bonding and getting to know each other would of had more impact than pay alone.

If he buys well and the boys keep improving Pay would not be an issue.

His issue is game, time and bench management, which even his staunchest supporters can agree with.

I guess you could say that about any team then... but a coach has a lot to do with the environment and the morale of the players, and I think the fact that he was able to drop so many players, in such a short space of time, and get a response, is proof that that the players respect him, and have bought in

I agree, but with a new team, and a lot of inexperience, I guess you have to experiment... If I would do one thing different, it would be to drop Elliott

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The title of this post is "Pays favourites".
I can tell you now that Pays favourites are the ones who make a 100% contribution to the team.
If they dont put in, they cease being a Pays favourites. A few players in that category are now seeking employment elsewhere.
The secret to success is their contribution. Pay demands that.
Now say that without fingering yourself.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So you gronks are still bad mouthing Elliott, huh?

face it, Elliott is an asset to this club and if any of you clowns knew half as much as you think you know, you’d be helping to manage the club and not pushing pencils or unclogging toilets.
#Elliottfororigin2020
Bloody elliotvangelicans!!!!! Zero sense of reality.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elliott tries hard but he isnt nrl standard & he wont get a contract beyond us other than as an injury backup. In 3 years there will be like 4 or 6 players players from the current 30 man roster remaining at the club

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Elliott tries hard but he isnt nrl standard & he wont get a contract beyond us other than as an injury backup. In 3 years there will be like 4 or 6 players players from the current 30 man roster remaining at the club
I wouldn't say he's not NRL standard, he's just a bench forward on near minimum wage at best. What makes you think he won't get a contract? Pay loves him.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn't say he's not NRL standard, he's just a bench forward on near minimum wage at best. What makes you think he won't get a contract? Pay loves him.
Because under the new governance, unlike the Despot Pay doesn't get an exclusive call on his squad.
There's at least 4 members on the recruitment/retention committee and they all have to agree.
Not saying he won't get a new deal, but it's not a fait accompli because Pay might want to retain him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Because under the new governance, unlike the Despot Pay doesn't get an exclusive call on his squad.
There's at least 4 members on the recruitment/retention committee and they all have to agree.
Not saying he won't get a new deal, but it's not a fait accompli because Pay might want to retain him.
I highly doubt everyone will agree on the same thing, coach will still have fair say even with set limitations in place. They all love Elliott anyway so it will be the same result.