Roosters among the lowest in TPAs

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Of course the NRL plays favourites at various times. They played favourites with you guys in the 00s when they allowed you to retain an illegally assembled side. They are currently playing favourites with lol@souffs suspending Sam Burgesses 10K fine for bad mouthing the MRC, allowing them to medically retire Inglis and Burgess without it counting towards the cap and zero punishment for his dick pics. They played favourites with the Nulla allowing them to cheat the cap all through 2016 but magically they were cap compliant on GF day. Who knows whos turn it will be next year?
Hahah nah we lost Willie Talau Nigel vagana Travis Norton and a whole host of other players but ok. Would have been different if we signed the best halfback and fullback In the game in 03 leading into our winning season... Then yeah we'd have cheated.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
No you gave me some imagined conspiracy theory. And your imagination is weak when you claim that all, every single one of the players we were supposedly giving paper bags too were ok that we sacked them and cut off their access to those paper bags and none, not one of them sought to expose that once they were no longer beneficiaries of it. It's not hard to shot massive holes in these theories.
The fact that you need me to explain this to you down to the detail shows just how little you know. Did I say every player? No.

1. The players I am talking about the ones who get paid millions, see out their contracts, and don't have any reason to report the club to the NRL
  2. As aforementioned, if a player reports the club to the NRL, they are doing so WITH BLOOD ON THEIR HANDS BECAUSE THEY ARE GUILTY AS WELL. It's like going to judge and saying I killed that guy, but he killed another guy

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at the stupid grin on Greenturd's face

View attachment 12327
The Roosters invited the media so uncle Nick can show his appreciation for the great job that Greenberg was doing, and they were also inducting Greenberg, as a Rooster alumni!!!

Congratulations Greenberg, he will also be receiving a Roosters pension for the rest of his life! (In brown paper bags).

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Roosters invited the media so uncle Nick can show his appreciation for the great job that Greenberg was doing, and they were also inducting Greenberg, as a Rooster alumni!!!

Congratulations Greenberg, he will also be receiving a Roosters pension for the rest of his life!

I still remember all the Roosters world champions billboards and stuff that went up in the states lol.. mega cringe

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 12326

When the NRL CEO reports to uncle Nick....
Todd Greenburg visits Raiders new training facility - https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/09/10/greenberg-visits-canberra/
The NRL owned Newcastle - https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/4628379/nrl-chiefs-sales-pitch-to-wests-group-board/
NRL CEO Todd Greenburg buys diamond ring for Cameron Smith's squeeze - https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...smith-diamond-ring/1w015xmd7md1z10n18hllziavp

Man this CEO bloke certainly is hands on with other clubs = massive hole in this little theory.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact that you need me to explain this to you down to the detail shows just how little you know. Did I say every player? No.

1. The players I am talking about the ones who get paid millions, see out their contracts, and don't have any reason to report the club to the NRL
  2. As aforementioned, if a player reports the club to the NRL, they are doing so WITH BLOOD ON THEIR HANDS BECAUSE THEY ARE GUILTY AS WELL. It's like going to judge and saying I killed that guy, but he killed another guy
Right so only "some" players get these paper bags. So what about the players who don't get them, surely they have nothing to lose reporting this obvious rort? Why don't they?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Right so only "some" players get these paper bags. So what about the players who don't get them, surely they have nothing to lose reporting this obvious rort? Why don't they?
If they're not getting them then they're none the wiser.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahah nah we lost Willie Talau Nigel vagana Travis Norton and a whole host of other players but ok. Would have been different if we signed the best halfback and fullback In the game in 03 leading into our winning season... Then yeah we'd have cheated.
Yeah but we weren't being punished for over the cap payments when we lost Aidan Guerra, SKD, Mitchell Pearce, Connor Watson, Paul Carter and Kane Evans at the end of 2017 to secure Cronk and Tedesco.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah but we weren't being punished for over the cap payments when we lost Aidan Guerra, SKD, Mitchell Pearce, Connor Watson, Paul Carter and Kane Evans at the end of 2017 to secure Cronk and Tedesco.
Difference here is Guerra was over the hill, SKD was the scapegoat for cocaine fiends within your club... which leads to Carter who was involved to and on fuck all coin.
Pearce was shafted for someone who clearly cost more... And well Watson I'll give that one to you, but again he was on a very small deal, hence why you lost him as Knights offered more

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Difference here is Guerra was over the hill, SKD was the scapegoat for cocaine fiends within your club... which leads to Carter who was involved to and on fuck all coin.
Pearce was shafted for someone who clearly cost more... And well Watson I'll give that one to you, but again he was on a very small deal, hence why you lost him as Knights offered more
Guerra, SKD and Pearce were all rep players at the time so their value was more than you're trying to paint. Cronk did cost more than Pearce, but was he worth it, 100% he was.

Let me ask you this, when was the last time you seen us recruit someone who was worse than what we let go? I have one recent example when we lost RTS (end of 2015) and gained Michael Gordon (for 2017) after a year with LM at fullback (2016). But apart from that, I think we've improved with nearly every recruitment decision we've made.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Guerra, SKD and Pearce were all rep players at the time so their value was more than you're trying to paint. Cronk did cost more than Pearce, but was he worth it, 100% he was.

Let me ask you this, when was the last time you seen us recruit someone who was worse than what we let go? I have one recent example when we lost RTS (end of 2015) and gained Michael Gordon (for 2017) after a year with LM at fullback (2016). But apart from that, I think we've improved with nearly every recruitment decision we've made.
You have inadvertently answered the cap question posed to your club... Who else is able to do those things and stay under the cap whilst improving their roster? Answer is a club that has the financial backing of a billionaire who keeps players pleased outside of the cap

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have inadvertently answered the cap question posed to your club... Who else is able to do those things and stay under the cap whilst improving their roster? Answer is a club that has the financial backing of a billionaire who keeps players pleased outside of the cap
That is the role of every clubs board, if they can't accomplish this then they should be sacked as they would be failing in their duties.

And your answer is more a simple distraction from the inconvenient truth about roster management, we do it better than most.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That is the role of every clubs board, if they can't accomplish this then they should be sacked as they would be failing in their duties.

And your answer is more a simple distraction from the inconvenient truth about roster management, we do it better than most.

depositphotos_90189882-stock-photo-mexican-man-with-money-sacks.jpg

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

What you fail to acknowledge is that the Roosters, aside from RTS, never really lose anyone they want to keep.

And yet they somehow manage to retain and upgrade everyone else that they want despite their salaries rising exponentially after reaching Rep status etc..

Even considering that, they sign some of the best free agents available in Tedesco, Keary Cronk and Chrichton etc...

Yes players were released which would make room some of for the signings but that doesn't factor in the millions that would be spent on upgrading and extending Taukeahio, JWH, Tupou, Manu, Radley, Keary, Cordner as well as kids like Verillis, Butcher etc that other clubs would pay good money for. And they signed Flanagan who numerous clubs were chasing.

Any reasonable person can conclude that all of the above doesn't add up to $9.8 million with only 30k in TPA's as is claimed by the Roosters press release in these so called articles..

Meanwhile clubs like the Tigers lose Tedesco, Woods, Moses, Addo-Carr etc and are always under cap pressure. Something doesn't add up. It's not all down to poor cap management and bad signings. It's clearly not an even playing field or distribution of talent across the competition. The cap isn't working.

Last edited:

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Right, so players never talk shop eh? Your straws are getting thinner and thinner.
lol no.

Do you discuss how much you get paid with your mates? I know I certainly dont.