Pays Favourites

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kalache will never be a first grader lol
That guy is so far from FG, he can’t even see it with binoculars.
I don’t know why so many are circle jerking on this nobody ?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That guy is so far from FG, he can’t even see it with binoculars.
I don’t know why so many are circle jerking on this nobody ?
No one is wanking over him. You have to remember this post was written in June and when we were languishing at the bottom of the table and Pay was picking the same underperforming players every week.

Kalache is way down the pecking order now so it's not an issue in regards to him. But hopefully Wakeham, Averillo, RFM, Ogden, Renouf and Harper etc get the same amount of opportunities and patience as Chris Smith and Elliott have been given.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kalache is way down the pecking order now so it's not an issue in regards to him. But hopefully Wakeham, Averillo, RFM, Ogden, Renouf and Harper etc get the same amount of opportunities and patience as Chris Smith and Elliott have been given
Agree with this

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since this is Pays third year in charge of our Dogs, is it safe to say....that this is Pay's team now? That the honeymoon and Bl:grinning:w J:grinning:b c:grinning:ck f:grinning:ndling period is well and truly over? How many more mediocre seasons, questionable selections and head scratching bench rotations will it take before Pay is finally called on his liabilities, dare I say efficiencies as a NRL coach?

It is and it isn't Pay's team. He hasn't yet been able to use a significant part of the cap yet. Pay is still working with a side, while I wouldn't say is inexperienced but certainly not in the experienced and elite player level.

Does he need to improve our position on the ladder? Absolutely! Pay should at least take this side to first round of semis next year for a pass mark. He will then have an open cheque book to get his team for 2021 but the question will be once he gets his team with experience and a few elite players is what extension on his contract does he get to work with the new look team which would be considered his?

Personally I think a coach needs two to three years with his team along with new elite players. So for Pay to deserve that he must show that he has the coaching ability by taking this current team to the semis in 2020

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

It is and it isn't Pay's team. He hasn't yet been able to use a significant part of the cap yet. Pay is still working with a side, while I wouldn't say is inexperienced but certainly not in the experienced and elite player level.

Does he need to improve our position on the ladder? Absolutely! Pay should at least take this side to first round of semis next year for a pass mark. He will then have an open cheque book to get his team for 2021 but the question will be once he gets his team with experience and a few elite players is what extension on his contract does he get to work with the new look team which would be considered his?

Personally I think a coach needs two to three years with his team along with new elite players. So for Pay to deserve that he must show that he has the coaching ability by taking this current team to the semis in 2020
Some fair points no doubt - but the cheque Book for 2021 has been open for over a month and we knew for a while it would be. Maybe another reason we are struggling to recruit a big name is they don’t know who the coach will be in 2021?

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Some fair points no doubt - but the cheque Book for 2021 has been open for over a month and we knew for a while it would be. Maybe another reason we are struggling to recruit a big name is they don’t know who the coach will be in 2021?
The last two seasons has been a "steady as she goes" season. Financial distress caused by the previous management is the main consideration.
As we approach 2021, more money will be available, and there will be some good signings as they come available.
Considering all that, the present team hasnt done to badly. It will improve a lot in 2020 and a lot more in 2021.
Dean Pay will still be coach.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s amazing how many times Elliott gets a mention not just from Pay, but by the training staff
And the players. Personally I believe Elliott should wear the 17 jersey play smallish minutes and lead the team song after victory ! Go the dogs

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s amazing how many times Elliott gets a mention not just from Pay, but by the training staff
And the players. Personally I believe Elliott should wear the 17 jersey play smallish minutes and lead the team song after victory ! Go the dogs
This is the shirt Elliott should be wearing

Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 12.59.11 pm.png

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Is there any chance to give Terry Lamb another run as coach?

There was never any room for him as head coach at the dogs when Steve Folkes became established.

I reckon he would of eventually came around but was hung out to dry by the tigers!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

There was never any room for him as head coach at the dogs when Steve Folkes became established.

I reckon he would of eventually came around but was hung out to dry by the tigers!
Baa is quite happy doing his corporate gig at the club and after his experience at the Tigers has no intention of coaching again at that level.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The last two seasons has been a "steady as she goes" season. Financial distress caused by the previous management is the main consideration.
As we approach 2021, more money will be available, and there will be some good signings as they come available.
Considering all that, the present team hasnt done to badly. It will improve a lot in 2020 and a lot more in 2021.
Dean Pay will still be coach.
Yeah for the most part they have tried hard and had some success. Bringing in some of the former players should continue to restore the culture.

In terms of Pay continuing to be coach... well we need to start well... a slow start and I’d say he is under pressure.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Baa is quite happy doing his corporate gig at the club and after his experience at the Tigers has no intention of coaching again at that level.
Yeah I don't blame him for not wanting to coach.
He should of just co-coached with Folkes and waited to get the top spot over Kevin Moore.

Its all too late now of course.
I really did have my heart set on him one day being head coach.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to mention his weekly golf games with big bad Barry and Kevin at
Bankstown GC
Not a bad life style when you think about it.
I don’t think he needs any headaches at this point of his life.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lamb has proven to be a good coach. He has won the reggies premiership.
He was going well at Tigers but had to deal with the Hopoate fingering matter, and he was badly white anted by his "assistant" coach.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lamb has proven to be a good coach. He has won the reggies premiership.
He was going well at Tigers but had to deal with the Hopoate fingering matter, and he was badly white anted by his "assistant" coach.
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

No.

Lamb was a crap coach and has admitted it himself may times.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So you gronks are still bad mouthing Elliott, huh?

face it, Elliott is an asset to this club and if any of you clowns knew half as much as you think you know, you’d be helping to manage the club and not pushing pencils or unclogging toilets.
#Elliottfororigin2020

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So you gronks are still bad mouthing Elliott, huh?

face it, Elliott is an asset to this club and if any of you clowns knew half as much as you think you know, you’d be helping to manage the club and not pushing pencils or unclogging toilets.
#Elliottfororigin2020
Future immortal Elliott*