Roosters among the lowest in TPAs

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
And it illustrates my point that there are other factors other than money that make the signing of a player a success or a priority.

You can't argue that we haven't made the right decision with regards to LM. Yet that decision flies in the face of all the narrative around the Roosters and their sombrero and unlimited cap and secret TPA's and signing rep players as depth etc. I know I'm beating my head against the wall here, but I will defend my club while ever it's not doing the wrong thing as I'm sure you would in the same situation.

Of course there are other factors... but that still doesn't make it right... Some of the key players to what the Roosters have done over the past few years would never have been there if they weren't doing the dodgy.

Latrell is a distraction for them... he's probably pissed Nick off or some shit... nothing to do with them making a right decision, it was a forced decision that any club would have had to of made

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course there are other factors... but that still doesn't make it right... Some of the key players to what the Roosters have done over the past few years would never have been there if they weren't doing the dodgy.
It's not dodgy if it's the location of the club. Why should we be punished if we're located near the beach?

Latrell is a distraction for them... he's probably pissed Nick off or some shit... nothing to do with them making a right decision, it was a forced decision that any club would have had to of made
So in your opinion it wasn't the right decision to forego LM and re-sign two of the best props in the game in JWH and SST as well as Joey Manu? I think you'll be in the minority on that one.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not dodgy if it's the location of the club. Why should we be punished if we're located near the beach?

So in your opinion it wasn't the right decision to forego LM and re-sign two of the best props in the game in JWH and SST as well as Joey Manu? I think you'll be in the minority on that one.
Anthony Minichiello got given a Ferrari and a Fuel Card from Crinitis when he signed his last contract at your club despite 'Salary Constraints' at the time.

The Ferrari no doubt came as a parting gift via good old Uncle Nick (as it was his final contract and was a thank you for years of service @ the club).

Fast forward a few years and we have Cronk signed up at the roosters on a mega deal that also includes... a Harvard business degree?... What's that? like 70K USD Annually?

You get the picture right?

Yep, it's definitely all about location....

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Oh yeah sorry I forgot that being located near the beach gives a team the right to hand out brown paper bags lol

IS there even any confirmation as to what's happening with Latrell? not that I really care.... but as I see it, if everything was sweet, he'd be re signed, along with the other guys...

I don't really care for the gossip, but did find it interesting that Fittler was in discussions with Nick prior to dropping Latrell from the Origin team... something is not quite right, and whatever it is, it's the reason for the current circumstance

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeah sorry I forgot that being located near the beach gives a team the right to hand out brown paper bags lol
/sigh

Whether you agree or not is irrelevant as location is a factor when a player is deciding what club he will play at. If you can't understand that...

IS there even any confirmation as to what's happening with Latrell? not that I really care.... but as I see it, if everything was sweet, he'd be re signed, along with the other guys...

I don't really care for the gossip, but did find it interesting that Fittler was in discussions with Nick prior to dropping Latrell from the Origin team... something is not quite right, and whatever it is, it's the reason for the current circumstance
You don't care for gossip unless it fits in with your conspiracies? Point taken.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anthony Minichiello got given a Ferrari and a Fuel Card from Crinitis when he signed his last contract at your club despite 'Salary Constraints' at the time.

The Ferrari no doubt came as a parting gift via good old Uncle Nick (as it was his final contract and was a thank you for years of service @ the club).

Fast forward a few years and we have Cronk signed up at the roosters on a mega deal that also includes... a Harvard business degree?... What's that? like 70K USD Annually?

You get the picture right?

Yep, it's definitely all about location....
So Mini was given a Ferrari and fuel card from a restaurant chain?

And Cronk's degree was part of his contract (https://www.triplem.com.au/story/ho...aled-cooper-cronks-move-to-the-roosters-66688) so what's the issue?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
/sigh

Whether you agree or not is irrelevant as location is a factor when a player is deciding what club he will play at. If you can't understand that...

You don't care for gossip unless it fits in with your conspiracies? Point taken.

of course it's a factor, when did I say it's not? that's not the point I am making... we know there are Roosters players who aren't playing for pennies.. you can defend them all you like, but we aren't stupid

What conspiracies? lol I don't even pay attention to the media, but the shit has been so widely saturated that it's hard to avoid!

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
of course it's a factor, when did I say it's not? that's not the point I am making... we know there are Roosters players who aren't playing for pennies.. you can defend them all you like, but we aren't stupid
No you're not stupid, but you're certainly not informed either.

What conspiracies? lol I don't even pay attention to the media, but the shit has been so widely saturated that it's hard to avoid!
Oh come on now "Fittler was in discussions with Nick prior to dropping Latrell from the Origin team" that's not part of some conspiracy about why we are at odds with LM?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No you're not stupid, but you're certainly not informed either.

Oh come on now "Fittler was in discussions with Nick prior to dropping Latrell from the Origin team" that's not part of some conspiracy about why we are at odds with LM?

Of course I'm not informed... however I don't think there are many who believe the Roosters are cap compliant, including many a Roosters fan

Your point? that's not a conspiracy, that's common knowledge.. That's when all the weirdness started... I couldn't care less tbh, you brought him up

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course I'm not informed... however I don't think there are many who believe the Roosters are cap compliant, including many a Roosters fan
If they believe the clap trap over the facts, then they're not Roosters fans.

Your point? that's not a conspiracy, that's common knowledge.. That's when all the weirdness started... I couldn't care less tbh, you brought him up
I was simply querying this conversation he had with Freddy and what it had to do with the LM situation as you brought it up in post 44. Which I don't believe had anything to do with LM. If Nick doesn't want you at the Roosters, that's it you're gone, he doesn't need Freddy to begin the process.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If they believe the clap trap over the facts, then they're not Roosters fans.

I was simply querying this conversation he had with Freddy and what it had to do with the LM situation as you brought it up in post 44. Which I don't believe had anything to do with LM. If Nick doesn't want you at the Roosters, that's it you're gone, he doesn't need Freddy to begin the process.

Or they are not in denial

I never said Freddy had anything to do with the Rooster side of things.. I was merely pointing out that that's around the time when we started really hearing all the different rumours about Latrell.. I personally don't care, and I don't know why you are fixating on it... even if Latrell leaves, they will just sign a couple more marquee players

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would absolutely piss myself laughing if the entire Roosters squad and board got sent to goal for 2 years as they were caught in up the the governments cash ban over $10,000 when their brown paper bag cash payment system is discovered.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Looking forward to the day someone at the Roosters grows a conscious and tells the truth.
Not going to happen mate, their policy is deny ALL true reports with “other clubs are just jealous” according to uncle Nick!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not going to happen mate, their policy is deny ALL true reports with “other clubs are just jealous” according to uncle Nick!
Ahh, the old Bill Clinton theory! Deny deny deny!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Classic net thread this.

The Net - "Tell us what their TPA'S are then we all know they're cheating the cap"
NRL - "Hear are all the TPA's clubs pay per year"
The Net - "We don't believe those because they don't fit our narrative".

LMFAO
You are in denial bud... By all means enjoy the success, but it's tainted

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or they are not in denial

I never said Freddy had anything to do with the Rooster side of things.. I was merely pointing out that that's around the time when we started really hearing all the different rumours about Latrell.. I personally don't care, and I don't know why you are fixating on it... even if Latrell leaves, they will just sign a couple more marquee players
lol there's nothing to deny.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are in denial bud... By all means enjoy the success, but it's tainted
Again there's nothing to deny.

Your club is currently going through a prolonged period of pus all because of stupid recruitment decisions made previously. Will your club come out of it smarter, better able to manage it's cap and aware of the pitfalls of making poor recruitment decisions? Of course it will. And when it does and it makes better decisions and your fans see success from those decisions, will you abide others simply claiming "it's all tainted and you're cheating the cap like you did before and making under the table deals like you did before and blah blah blah..." without one shred of proof? Of course not. You will enjoy your success and defend your club as I do mine. As fans of a footy club we're not that different.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Again there's nothing to deny.

Your club is currently going through a prolonged period of pus all because of stupid recruitment decisions made previously. Will your club come out of it smarter, better able to manage it's cap and aware of the pitfalls of making poor recruitment decisions? Of course it will. And when it does and it makes better decisions and your fans see success from those decisions, will you abide others simply claiming "it's all tainted and you're cheating the cap like you did before and making under the table deals like you did before and blah blah blah..." without one shred of proof? Of course not. You will enjoy your success and defend your club as I do mine. As fans of a footy club we're not that different.
Haha nah mate not buying that bullshit at all we cheated in 2002 and got caught and have learned our lesson... Never mind the fact roosters in 2002 were cheating as well lol.
We could have easily cheated to get out of this backended deal issue easy like Parra did and get a slap on the wrist from the NRL, but our club has done it the hard and honest way and tbh we've suffered for it ... so yeah when we are back on top I'll know we did it honestly. Instead of working outside the cap to get SBW, Cronk Teddy and various other stars all at once.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha nah mate not buying that bullshit at all we cheated in 2002 and got caught and have learned our lesson... Never mind the fact roosters in 2002 were cheating as well lol.
We could have easily cheated to get out of this backended deal issue easy like Parra did and get a slap on the wrist from the NRL, but our club has done it the hard and honest way and tbh we've suffered for it ... so yeah when we are back on top I'll know we did it honestly. Instead of working outside the cap to get SBW, Cronk Teddy and various other stars all at once.
And I'm not buying that bullshit either so I guess we're all square.