Gilded
Reaction score
Jacoby Shaddix manages to ruin The Hu

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I keep meaning to check this band out in preparation for Download. They seem awesome, but admit Shaddix sucks in this.
This is probably the worst song I've ever heard them do. But that's probably 'cause of Shaddix

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
This is probably the worst song I've ever heard them do. But that's probably 'cause of Shaddix
A very weird collab no doubt. I will check out The Hu asap. I have only ever heard good things.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Middle age housewife radio stations just got a hard on because Disturbed just released this.

Before you listen, conjour up in your mind what you are about to hear based on the description for the video on Youtube: "If you or someone you know is struggling with drug/alcohol addiction or having thoughts of suicide, contact the following:"

You'll be bang on.

Herein lies my real problem with this crapfest. This shit is a BLATANT attempt to cash in (with a radio friendly track), on those with mental health issues. It's just so bloody obvious.

You can get they wouldn't donate some or all album sale profits to mental health organisations!

Luckily I've rinsed my ears out with the new Gus G single (instrumental only).

So I was having a bit of a random youtube night trying to find a few new things, and for some reason this popped as a recommendation. omfg, I can't unhear it. I made it only about 16 seconds before wanting to cut my head off. For some reason, actually, probably very obvious reasons, this band has been totally invisible to me. (Thus doing a search in this thread to check my sanity.) And yes, I am about to start to hunt down the youtube developer whose algorithm somehow led me to hearing and seeing this fuckin trite.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
So I was having a bit of a random youtube night trying to find a few new things, and for some reason this popped as a recommendation. omfg, I can't unhear it. I made it only about 16 seconds before wanting to cut my head off. For some reason, actually, probably very obvious reasons, this band has been totally invisible to me. (Thus doing a search in this thread to check my sanity.) And yes, I am about to start to hunt down the youtube developer whose algorithm somehow led me to hearing and seeing this fuckin trite.
I used to absolutely love Disturbed. I still remember seeing them at Acer Arena on the 10,000 fists tour, it was awesome.

But you get over them pretty quick. All of their good songs sound the same, and their most recent stuff is trash. I can't believe how popular their Sound of Silence cover is, to me it sounds like aural cancer.

Down With The Sickness era is still fun though.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I used to absolutely love Disturbed. I still remember seeing them at Acer Arena on the 10,000 fists tour, it was awesome.

But you get over them pretty quick. All of their good songs sound the same, and their most recent stuff is trash. I can't believe how popular their Sound of Silence cover is, to me it sounds like aural cancer.

10,000 fists was an amazing album, as was Down with the Sickness, but they really degraded after that. Such a pity.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

10,000 fists was an amazing album, as was Down with the Sickness, but they really degraded after that. Such a pity.
Yeah, I was a bit harsh as that one just happened to be the first song I heard of theirs. And I also heard a bit of that awful Simon & Garfunkel cover, I thought fmd, what the hell is going on with this band? I'll have a listen to 10000 fists.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This Sons Of Apollo song is pretty damn good

I didn't really get into their first album but I'm liking this song a lot. The middle instrumental section sounds a bit like Awake-era Dream Theater. Billy Sheehan is such a monster bass player.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought this was pretty cool

Thekkini (feat. Chris Adler, Umayalpuram K Sivaraman) (Namah)

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not seen this entrance thing. But I agree it is crazy how big they are. When they started I liked them but did not take them seriously at all, they just seemed like some surfers dudes who could hardly play their instruments. The fact they replaced their bassist with a mate (who I am not sure was even good at bass) whilst on tour seemed so crazy to me.

But they went to Europe on their own dime, and did it all themselves. Absolute respect. They deserve all the good things coming their way from their obvious hard work.

When The Veronicas were announced everyone was just amazed because they are absolute shite so someone created a FB Event to have the craziest mosh of the day for them. It was just a running joke that snowballed into something huge.
Anyone else remember when Parkway played in Boiler Suits?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone else remember when Parkway played in Boiler Suits?
I can remember seeing them in concert and having no idea what they were saying. Now I understand every word.