Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
No, but I'm in Brisbane, but when I finally pulled the finger out went to buy a ticket for the Tivoli, they were sold out. I have been to the State Theater though, but not sure how a metal gig there works. I got in trouble for trying to sneak in a beer. That was about 12 years ago.
The Tivoli would be a similar venue to where they normally play in Sydney (Enmore Theatre), I think Tivoli is a bit smaller though from when I saw Ghost there. Good venue though, apart from that stupid fence which makes it hard to get on the floor when it is packed.

I have been to The State Theatre a few times, for work things, for Dita Von Teese and Louis Theroux. So a metal gig is a big change. Opeths last gig in 2017 was at The Opera House though, so maybe this is the new norm?

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
My next 6 months
December:
Crowbar
Opeth
January
Geoff Tate
February
CoC
Maybe Cattle Decapitation
Scorpions/Whitesnake
Sacred Reich/Vio-lence
March
The Exploited
Download Festival
April
Under The Southern Stars Festival
DRI/Hirax
May
Iron Maiden
Helmet.
My next 6 months
December:
Crowbar
Opeth
January
Geoff Tate
February
CoC
Maybe Cattle Decapitation
Scorpions/Whitesnake
Sacred Reich/Vio-lence
March
The Exploited
Download Festival
April
Under The Southern Stars Festival
DRI/Hirax
May
Iron Maiden
Helmet.
Hats off to you mate, if I didnt see this post i wouldnt have even known CoC and Tool were coming. Would've been shat off to miss out on those two. Booked my tickets this arvo, 2 pearler gigs in 8 days bloody oath! Owe you a beer.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Hats off to you mate, if I didnt see this post i wouldnt have even known CoC and Tool were coming. Would've been shat off to miss out on those two. Booked my tickets this arvo, 2 pearler gigs in 8 days bloody oath! Owe you a beer.
It seems to crazy to me that the first Tool gig sold out really fast but this second one isn't. Kinda glad I am going to the 2nd one.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
It seems to crazy to me that the first Tool gig sold out really fast but this second one isn't. Kinda glad I am going to the 2nd one.
Im in Perth. This backwater only gets 1 show, was surprised that there were tickets left after they had been on sale for a fair while. Stoked.
Will get last-minute Maiden ticket on the cheap I'm hoping.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
A band doing a pretty good pisstake of Viking Metal bands

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted before... if not enjoy... it's somewhat distracting the video.. for two obvious reasons :D

This Sons Of Apollo song is pretty damn good

Portnoys drumming is so "smooth in transition" .. absolute beast who makes it seem so easy.

Just like Goodbye Divinity (their other track), I feel Jeff Soto is the wrong vocalist for this band though. He lacks the punch, power, and aggression in his voice that would take this band to another level.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted before... if not enjoy... it's somewhat distracting the video.. for two obvious reasons :D

Portnoys drumming is so "smooth in transition" .. absolute beast who makes it seem so easy.

Just like Goodbye Divinity (their other track), I feel Jeff Soto is the wrong vocalist for this band though. He lacks the punch, power, and aggression in his voice that would take this band to another level.
Fuck, yeah she's got good tits but that song is gayer than AIDS.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

This is what Dexys Midnight Runners were talking about when they said they want to "Come on Eleine"

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
A band doing a pretty good pisstake of Viking Metal bands

Is it just me or is the lead singers beard drawn on with artliner?? :tearsofjoy:

@south of heaven @Ted Nü-Djent You guys have to watch this... LOL .... it gets funny as fuck when Angus Fife does his part onwards.

"SLATTUM
Ora Pro Nobis (pray for us)
Upholstered bed frame, Knisa Light Grey
Knisa Grey is better than Sasha Grey"

Absolutely lost my shit at that line.

upload_2019-12-15_19-21-0.png

and it actually exists LOL