Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Razer aren't really known for making routers. Mainly peripherals (mice and keyboards)... didn't even know they made routers.

Decent quality Netgear like the R6400 is all you need (https://www.mwave.com.au/product/netgear-r6400-ac1750-dual-band-gigabit-smart-wifi-router-ac08703).

In your case you'll be going:
NBNCo NTD / Network Terminating Device (something like the black Arris CM8200) >> CONNECTING TO >> WAN on ISP Modem/Router setup in bridge mode >> CONNECTING TO >> WAN on Netgear or equivalent router.
Network devices then connect either to wireless or LAN on Netgear/Equivalent Router.

At home my setup is a little different as my LAN on Netgear Wifi Router then connects back into a 24 port Gigabit switch.
Normally I'm against anything made by a gaming company (for example, headphones), but oddly enough that Razer router has been rated by many as one of the best routers out there.

That said, I'd still lean toward another solution purely because I like to tweak my stuff. I'm very much an anti-plug and play guy. If it doesn't take me days to setup then it's not worth it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Normally I'm against anything made by a gaming company (for example, headphones), but oddly enough that Razer router has been rated by many as one of the best routers out there.

That said, I'd still lean toward another solution purely because I like to tweak my stuff. I'm very much an anti-plug and play guy. If it doesn't take me days to setup then it's not worth it.
Meanwhile i get nauseous just unpacking a box...nevermind setting it all up lol.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I've heard good things about Superloop... I'm on Telstra and despite a few "classy fuckups" (which are normally due to clueless NBN contractors fiddling in the node, disconnecting my fibre port and not plugged it back in again), they've been pretty good. I get good speeds but I do pay pretty handsomely for it too ($130 a month from memory for 100/50 unlimited). No slowdown at any time which is nice.

93.1Mbps Down
45.6Mbps Up

I was always a bit like that, but after too many years in IT Tech, these days I just want something reliable that works, and if it doesn't work or starts mucking up, I get the shits easily with it.

Meanwhile i get nauseous just unpacking a box...nevermind setting it all up lol.
Just noticed that for $100 Superloop will supply HFC NBN connections with a TP-Link Archer C60. That's not actually a bad modem/router and for $100 worth picking up. They retail for about $80, so Superloop aren't making a lot on them either.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I've heard good things about Superloop... I'm on Telstra and despite a few "classy fuckups" (which are normally due to clueless NBN contractors fiddling in the node, disconnecting my fibre port and not plugged it back in again), they've been pretty good. I get good speeds but I do pay pretty handsomely for it too ($130 a month from memory for 100/50 unlimited). No slowdown at any time which is nice.

93.1Mbps Down
45.6Mbps Up

I was always a bit like that, but after too many years in IT Tech, these days I just want something reliable that works, and if it doesn't work or starts mucking up, I get the shits easily with it.

Just noticed that for $100 Superloop will supply HFC NBN connections with a TP-Link Archer C60. That's not actually a bad modem/router and for $100 worth picking up. They retail for about $80, so Superloop aren't making a lot on them either.
Yh they're doing the 100/20 for $68 for 6 months, might as well give it a go. Heard the customer service is complete shit though so hopefully I don't have to ever call them for anything.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Heard the customer service is complete shit though so hopefully I don't have to ever call them for anything.
I've dealt with some shockers over the years. Tech Support these days often only comes out of Phillipines or India, and it's very hit and miss.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They actually made a movie about an NPC haha

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Resident Evil 3 Remake and release date announced for April 2020. Man next year is going to be stacked for good games coming out. Anyway I am stoked for this!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Resident Evil 3 Remake and release date announced for April 2020. Man next year is going to be stacked for good games coming out. Anyway I am stoked for this!

2020 better be a good year for gaming 'cause 2019 was crap. It was such a bad year for gaming that many rated Resident Evil 2 remake as game of the year.

There were some good games (Sekiro, Jedi Fallen Order, Devil May Cry 5) but compared to the epics of 2018 it was just quite abysmal.

2020 is looking good though with Cyberpunk, Dying Light 2, Last of Us 2 and the releases of the new Xbox and PS5 toward the end of the year. Should be a good one.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
NBN connected, doesn't work. Maaaaadd

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Wahesh Michelle Rodriguez and Vin Diesel just announced a Fast and Furious video game. It looks exactly like the movies. At least I assume it does. Only watched the first movie. Trailer should be up soon

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hellblade 2 was also shown off as a Xbox Series X Day 1 reveal. This is all made using in game footage

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's the trailer

I say it is going to be shit. It won't be on my game radar, specially with The Last Of Us 2 coming out at the same time.

Also, the new Xbox will be called the Xbox Series X and it looks like a literal brick

https://www.theverge.com/2019/12/12/21016575/microsoft-xbox-series-x-next-xbox-console
That looks horrible. Not that I care as I'll be getting a PS5 anyway.

Hellblade 2 was also shown off as a Xbox Series X Day 1 reveal. This is all made using in game footage

Still didn't show much. Bit of landscape and a chick chanting. It looked like cut scenes even though they are saying in game. Should have showed a little actual game play, as in some action.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I say it is going to be shit. It won't be on my game radar, specially with The Last Of Us 2 coming out at the same time.

That looks horrible. Not that I care as I'll be getting a PS5 anyway.

Still didn't show much. Bit of landscape and a chick chanting. It looked like cut scenes even though they are saying in game. Should have showed a little actual game play, as in some action.
Gameplay will probably be similar to the last game, which was an excellent game. I'm guessing it's not at that stage of development yet. Microsoft just needed something good that could show off a bit of what the hardware can handle and they don't have much else ready.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Speaking of Playstation, the new Ghosts of Tsushima trailer looks great. Apparently it'll be out on PS4 then enhanced for PS5. Based on the graphics you have to expect them to say PS4 pro only.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Here's the trailer

The trailer looks ok, but those are all cut scenes by the looks of it. Will want to see some play through footage before deciding whether it's worth it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The trailer looks ok, but those are all cut scenes by the looks of it. Will want to see some play through footage before deciding whether it's worth it.
Yeah, too early for gameplay. That is in game footage though.