Official The Katoa cold call which led to a fresh start at Belmore.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think he will do great for us, only time will tell.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A couple of points out of that video:

- One of the few things Katoa recalls Pay saying was "the boys are a tight knit bunch". We've heard in the media that our recruitment takes into account whether a player will fit with us, this is independent confirmation that we are absolutely taking into account if a player will fit in with the squad or not before trying to recruit them. There is clearly a priority being placed on having a "tight knit bunch".
- The footage of Katoa doing a kick had Brent Sherwin in the background, is Katoa part of the group getting tips from Shifty?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's going to be a great value pickup. Showed some great signs for Tonga and I think he and JMK are going to form a good combo in the dummy half role.

At the least we can all agree he's a major upgrade on Lichaa.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's going to be a great value pickup. Showed some great signs for Tonga and I think he and JMK are going to form a good combo in the dummy half role.

At the least we can all agree he's a major upgrade on Lichaa.
Outside of defensive capabilities a mushroom would be an upgrade on Lichaa.

It'll be interesting to see how his time here goes. Most fans these days want a hooker with a running, kicking and passing game. After Lichaa I'll be happy enough to get smooth well timed passes off the ground.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Outside of defensive capabilities a mushroom would be an upgrade on Lichaa.

It'll be interesting to see how his time here goes. Most fans these days want a hooker with a running, kicking and passing game. After Lichaa I'll be happy enough to get smooth well timed passes off the ground.
It’s a fair point... attack was always clunky under Lichaa... never gelled with halves from day one.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s a fair point... attack was always clunky under Lichaa... never gelled with halves from day one.
Our forward pack dropped off with him here too. It's hard to hit the line at pace when you have to slow down to wait for the pass.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Speaking of Lichaa, has he signed with any club yet?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Speaking of Lichaa, has he signed with any club yet?
Not that I know of... Was talking of a return to Cronulla, but they picked up Cameron King... So yeah park footy maybe

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So our recruitment team can’t do its job we need players not wanted by their existing clubs calling our coach and offering them self to us???
If only we could now sign the other Sione katoa.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not that I know of... Was talking of a return to Cronulla, but they picked up Cameron King... So yeah park footy maybe
Where he'll probably kill it. Unless there is a freak string of injuries to about a dozen number 9s there is no way an NRL team is going to pick him up, he has had more than enough time to prove himself at top level.

Pity, he looked good as a kid.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Random but you do you think Crichtons time at the Dogs is done ? I completely forgot about him lol was he that bad on the wing

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So our recruitment team can’t do its job we need players not wanted by their existing clubs calling our coach and offering them self to us???
If only we could now sign the other Sione katoa.
Hopefully Tui gives him Deans number lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Crichton would be sorry he left Pennies...went from fg (injuries but still) at Penrith to CCup here...on that basis, you'd think we have a great backline.