News Folau case may send Rugby Australia broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our planet is very much fined tuned for life... even our proximity to the sun and moon being altered even slightly would be catastrophic.. there are so many variables in play that need to be JUST right, or we are doomed...
At the moment it is, but it won’t stay that way. Life exists on this planet for the moment only because we are currently existing in the period of this planets lifecycle where life is enabled. But Earth will not stay in this “goldilocks” zone forever. As our sun burns through its fuel at a rate of 600 million tons per second it will get hotter and hotter and eventually run out of fuel and expend to become a red giant and will consume Mercury, Venus and Earth as it expands to engulf Mars. Even the Moon is moving away from us at a rate of 10cm per year. This fine tuning you refer too is temporary.

And the moon moving away will not be the catastrophic doom you refer to as plants and animals have the ability to evolve and will do so to adapt to their changing environment as the moon moves away. That’s the beauty of evolution, it allows for and flourishes during periods of change which is occurring all the time.

And I’ve given some thought to your criteria where one animal turns into another for to you to acknowledge evolution. Scientists have discovered a wolf pup that shows both characteristics of wolves and dogs, but cannot be classified as either https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/02/science/frozen-puppy-found-russia.html. They believe this particular specimen is a snapshot in the evolution of wolves to dogs. Now I realise this may not prove evolution to you, but it surely must add credence to it?

look at something like a the bacterial flagellar motor and tell me that is not intelligent design? what human could ever come up with something so complex?
I have heard this same argument with regards to the human eye. How can nature make something so perfect and so complex that mankind even today would struggle to make one? Nature made it in exactly the same mankind would, by trial and error. And while mankind could possibly accomplish such a task over the course of one lifetime, nature does it over the course of millions of lifetimes. Nature gets it so perfect because she can take her time.

everything man has achieved has come from the study of the natural world.. art, music, design, mathematics, geometry, and of course, science... God did not create us just to accept it... that's why Jesus says to be like children... what are children like? inquisitive... God created all things for his and our pleasure.. look at the beauty of a sunset, a sunrise, a waterfall, flowers.. and tell me that a creator would create things of such beauty, just for people to "accept"
In the early stages yes, but most of man’s study today has come from man’s study of man and improving on what has come before. And sunsets, waterfalls and flowers all existed long before there was man or his construct of gods.

yes and that's just what atheism is, isn't it.... "if this happens...."..... "these things happen over millions of years..." but never any ACTUAL proof of anything to disprove a creator... just ifs.
Yes atheism deals in the “if” as there are no absolutes with us, we question everything, even atheism. I remember a debate between Bill Nye and Ken Ham. Ken Ham is that idiot from Queensland (shock horror) who built a replica of the Ark and the Creationist museum (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creationist_museum) in yank land. This museum depicts dinosaurs with harnesses and saddles on them and show they were used by man for pulling farm plows and riding etc. This is the only museum in the world where you exit stupider than when you entered.

The last question of the debate was “if you were presented proof that the other side was right, would you accept it?” Bill Nye was “yep, absolutely, if God appeared I would have no choice by to concede he exists”. Ken Ham was “nope, I would not accept any proof that God does not exist because I know he exists and that’s all I need”.

This is the major difference between faith and knowledge. With more knowledge you can change your point of view, with more faith you just believe the same with more fervour and a determination not to change your point of view.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
At the moment it is, but it won’t stay that way. Life exists on this planet for the moment only because we are currently existing in the period of this planets lifecycle where life is enabled. But Earth will not stay in this “goldilocks” zone forever. As our sun burns through its fuel at a rate of 600 million tons per second it will get hotter and hotter and eventually run out of fuel and expend to become a red giant and will consume Mercury, Venus and Earth as it expands to engulf Mars. Even the Moon is moving away from us at a rate of 10cm per year. This fine tuning you refer too is temporary.

And the moon moving away will not be the catastrophic doom you refer to as plants and animals have the ability to evolve and will do so to adapt to their changing environment as the moon moves away. That’s the beauty of evolution, it allows for and flourishes during periods of change which is occurring all the time.

And I’ve given some thought to your criteria where one animal turns into another for to you to acknowledge evolution. Scientists have discovered a wolf pup that shows both characteristics of wolves and dogs, but cannot be classified as either https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/02/science/frozen-puppy-found-russia.html. They believe this particular specimen is a snapshot in the evolution of wolves to dogs. Now I realise this may not prove evolution to you, but it surely must add credence to it?

I have heard this same argument with regards to the human eye. How can nature make something so perfect and so complex that mankind even today would struggle to make one? Nature made it in exactly the same mankind would, by trial and error. And while mankind could possibly accomplish such a task over the course of one lifetime, nature does it over the course of millions of lifetimes. Nature gets it so perfect because she can take her time.

In the early stages yes, but most of man’s study today has come from man’s study of man and improving on what has come before. And sunsets, waterfalls and flowers all existed long before there was man or his construct of gods.

Yes atheism deals in the “if” as there are no absolutes with us, we question everything, even atheism. I remember a debate between Bill Nye and Ken Ham. Ken Ham is that idiot from Queensland (shock horror) who built a replica of the Ark and the Creationist museum (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creationist_museum) in yank land. This museum depicts dinosaurs with harnesses and saddles on them and show they were used by man for pulling farm plows and riding etc. This is the only museum in the world where you exit stupider than when you entered.

The last question of the debate was “if you were presented proof that the other side was right, would you accept it?” Bill Nye was “yep, absolutely, if God appeared I would have no choice by to concede he exists”. Ken Ham was “nope, I would not accept any proof that God does not exist because I know he exists and that’s all I need”.

This is the major difference between faith and knowledge. With more knowledge you can change your point of view, with more faith you just believe the same with more fervour and a determination not to change your point of view.

you see, the issue there is, believer or atheist, we know it all came into existence at once.. Big Bang/ "Let There Be Light" therefor conditions were in place at the onset.. how does a random explosion create such fine tuning?

the only beauty of evolution for evolutionists is that there is always an out, without having to provide legitimate evidence of anything... it's always "over x amount of years, such and such happens"

oh right, a wolf sharing similar characteristics with a dog.... how surprising... what does that prove? let me know when it advances into a completely different form

man you talk about nature as if it has it's own laboratory where it conducts its experiments lol, and you even compare it to what humans do.. humans who are conscious, and have intelligence.. creative thinkers, if you will......... so what came first, blood, or the heart? the brain or the digestive system? just remember that the human body is a machine and needs all parts in place, at the same time, to function.. it can't just evolve bit by bit, and function as it does..

Not just in the early stages.. more so than ever today... and there you go again, making more claims that you have no genuine proof of..

See the thing is... belief is not about the proof of God existing... it's about living the lifestyle.. I believe God exists, but does that mean he will accept me if I treat everybody like crap? definitely not.... Bill Nye would have to accept that he exists, but it doesn't mean he would accept his free gift of eternity... and that's the thing... some people just don't want a God, even if they were to find out he exists... and so be it, that's their choice..... as for Ken Ham... well, he's entitled to his opinion, but every believer is different... I think you were being quite bias there with your character selection.

Knowledge only strengthens my faith... when I am studying subjects such as Quantum Physics, it only makes the case for God even stronger imo... but like I said, faith is more than just knowing that God exists.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Our planet is very much fined tuned for life... even our proximity to the sun and moon being altered even slightly would be catastrophic..
This is kind of a myth but it all depends on your definition of "Slightly"

The earth's orbit around the sun and the moon's orbit around the earth are elliptical. They range in distance. The earth at its closest orbit is 147 million kms from the Sun and at its furthest is 152 million kms from the sun. A distance variation of about 4.9 million kilometres. The moon ranges between 363 thousand kms from earth and 406 thousand kms from earth. A distance variation of 43,000 kilometres.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've always loved the "humans couldn't make something so complex"

Give us 5 million years and I'm pretty sure we'll be able to make something more complex than anything on earth. If we survive that long.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've always loved the "humans couldn't make something so complex"

Give us 5 million years and I'm pretty sure we'll be able to make something more complex than anything on earth. If we survive that long.

and I just love you evolutionists who always use time as an out... never any proper proof of anything as I keep saying... always... "millions of years this can, or could happen".... and that's all it ever is

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
you see, the issue there is, believer or atheist, we know it all came into existence at once.. Big Bang/ "Let There Be Light" therefor conditions were in place at the onset.. how does a random explosion create such fine tuning?
In part, we don't know. Big bang isn't something we know 100% to be true. It's just the best explanation for the reason the Universe is like it is. It could be completely wrong. The interesting part about the Big Bang concept that confuses many people is that it didn't just happen one day. It happened in the first instant of anything. Because the big bang didn't only create the Universe. It created time.

the only beauty of evolution for evolutionists is that there is always an out, without having to provide legitimate evidence of anything... it's always "over x amount of years, such and such happens"
Nope. Evolutionists don't take an out. They work hard to find out more information. Currently they are using genetics to map how we are linked to different creatures. It's not about similar features. It's about genetics.

man you talk about nature as if it has it's own laboratory where it conducts its experiments lol, and you even compare it to what humans do.. humans who are conscious, and have intelligence.. creative thinkers, if you will......... so what came first, blood, or the heart? the brain or the digestive system? just remember that the human body is a machine and needs all parts in place, at the same time, to function.. it can't just evolve bit by bit, and function as it does..
Current humans need all that. Things develop over time. A bacteria doesn't have a brain, or a heart, but it has a digestive system. It doesn't have a nose but it can smell. Our current systems work in combination, and before our current systems we had other things that worked in combination, and before that we had other things.

See the thing is... belief is not about the proof of God existing... it's about living the lifestyle.. I believe God exists, but does that mean he will accept me if I treat everybody like crap? definitely not.... Bill Nye would have to accept that he exists, but it doesn't mean he would accept his free gift of eternity... and that's the thing... some people just don't want a God, even if they were to find out he exists... and so be it, that's their choice..... as for Ken Ham... well, he's entitled to his opinion, but every believer is different... I think you were being quite bias there with your character selection.
I tend to agree. Everyone has a right to their own belief. But calling someone "stupid" or "retarded" because they believe in evolution is kinda hypocritical.

Knowledge only strengthens my faith... when I am studying subjects such as Quantum Physics, it only makes the case for God even stronger imo... but like I said, faith is more than just knowing that God exists.
I've always seen faith as belief without proof. I've never had problems with faith either. I think religion is great for those that want it. My only issue is when religion is used to infringe the rights of others.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
and I just love you evolutionists who always use time as an out... never any proper proof of anything as I keep saying... always... "millions of years this can, or could happen".... and that's all it ever is
Time is not an out. It's just a plausible variable. The more time you add to something the more chance it has of happening.

Take a random number generator that generates a different number every 5 seconds. The numbers generated are between 1 and 100. Give it 1 minute and it won't give you many numbers. Give it 100 years and it'll give you every number.

The difference being that nature is random so it's naturally (pun) going to take longer to reach a solution. Humans could do it in less time. I mean, we've already created artificial eyes. We've also started creating our own biomedical nanomachines using similar methods to the bacterial flagella motor.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Time is not an out. It's just a plausible variable. The more time you add to something the more chance it has of happening.

Take a random number generator that generates a different number every 5 seconds. The numbers generated are between 1 and 100. Give it 1 minute and it won't give you many numbers. Give it 100 years and it'll give you every number.

The difference being that nature is random so it's naturally (pun) going to take longer to reach a solution. Humans could do it in less time. I mean, we've already created artificial eyes. We've also started creating our own biomedical nanomachines using similar methods to the bacterial flagella motor.
Do you believe we were retarded lizard fish monkeys at one point who fkd a moderately retarded monkey?

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just to get things back on topic, it's amazing that humans have evolved from a tribe in Africa, to Raelene Castle.

That's a shitload of evolutionary change right there.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

oh right, a wolf sharing similar characteristics with a dog.... how surprising... what does that prove? let me know when it advances into a completely different form

Not just in the early stages.. more so than ever today... and there you go again, making more claims that you have no genuine proof of..

Damn that was a long read :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: on ya Howie !!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you believe we were regarded lizard fish monkeys at one point who fkd a moderately retarded monkey?
Literally no one would ever believe that. The only thing less plausible than that is Catholic priest who doesn't like alter boys.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Literally no one would ever believe that. The only thing less plausible than that is Catholic priest who doesn't like alter boys.
Lol nice projection there. Evolution is literally based around mutations/retarded looking organisms growing into man. So my question still stands do you believe like many evolutionists believe, that we were once retarded lizard fish monkeys, I mean that’s the only plausible case since we came from the ocean as germs transformed into fish, decided to have a retarded looking fish with legs and lungs walked on land a lizard raped it had its siblings raped some monkeys and that retarded monkey decided to stand up. I mean change my mind without the projection babe

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That’s racism. And if anything it proves that whites have made Africa like this not that Africans are lacking in iq based on free stats online lol. I think their average iq is 65. I mean wtf do you do with that lol. I know, blame the white man.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol nice projection there. Evolution is literally based around mutations/retarded looking organisms growing into man. So my question still stands do you believe like many evolutionists believe, that we were once retarded lizard fish monkeys, I mean that’s the only plausible case since we came from the ocean as germs transformed into fish, decided to have a retarded looking fish with legs and lungs walked on land a lizard raped it had its siblings raped some monkeys and that retarded monkey decided to stand up. I mean change my mind without the projection babe
Who taught you evolution? It's no wonder you became an anti-evolution conservative if that's what you believe evolution is. Literally no one believes that one species raped another species to advance evolution. That's not remotely how evolution works and it's rather embarrassing that anyone would think that's how evolution theory works. Seriously. That's so wrong it makes me hang my head in shame. Shame shame shame.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Man. I see some stupid shit but that post is so stupid that it killed the collective brain cells of everyone on this forum. What kind of person would think that evolution works like that?

Dammit. I need to acid wash my brain after reading that.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Damn that was a long read :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: on ya Howie !!
I do my best.. some say I have too much time on my hands but to hell with them.. they just don't see the value in pointless online debates with strangers.. and with that, it looks like there are some new replies that need to be attended to

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who taught you evolution? It's no wonder you became an anti-evolution conservative if that's what you believe evolution is. Literally no one believes that one species raped another species to advance evolution. That's not remotely how evolution works and it's rather embarrassing that anyone would think that's how evolution theory works. Seriously. That's so wrong it makes me hang my head in shame. Shame shame shame.
Lmao all you keep doing is wailing about how wrong it is lol it should be an easy job to explain how it happened. We came from the ocean correct? In order to come
Out the ocean a mutated retarded fish would have had to been born that had legs and lungs and evolution would have had to be like ok you can survive go fourth on land, retarded fish with legs and lungs goes fourth on land because it knows to do that, saw a close enough species of a lizard, fkd it almost to death, had a beautiful retarded lizard fish offspring, it somehow started to gain hair losing fins, scales etc and started to stand up and became man over millions of years. If that is wrong explain to me how it happened please without the wailing and “no one believes that’s” without actually saying anything lol. Don’t be too edgy with your response though boomer

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lmao all you keep doing is wailing about how wrong it is lol it should be an easy job to explain how it happened. We came from the ocean correct? In order to come
Out the ocean a mutated retarded fish would have had to been born that had legs and lungs and evolution would have had to be like ok you can survive go fourth on land, retarded fish with legs and lungs goes fourth on land because it knows to do that, saw a close enough species of a lizard, fkd it almost to death, had a beautiful retarded lizard fish offspring, it somehow started to gain hair losing fins, scales etc and started to stand up and became man over millions of years. If that is wrong explain to me how it happened please without the wailing and “no one believes that’s” without actually saying anything lol. Don’t be too edgy with your response though boomer
Again, not accurate.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/science-sushi/evolution-out-of-the-sea/

Status
Not open for further replies.