Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Smart to announce that after good things.

I'm kinda tempted to go to this but will depend what it costs.
I seen Parkway in Canberra a while back with Killswitch and Thy Art Is Murder so I'll probably pass on them this time round.

I wouldn't mind seeing Hatebreed though.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Ascended - Shadow Walker. I get a little bit of a hint of Trivium with their sound/style.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I seen Parkway in Canberra a while back with Killswitch and Thy Art Is Murder so I'll probably pass on them this time round.

I wouldn't mind seeing Hatebreed though.
I have seen PWD a few times so yeah the desire is lacking. Seems like they have really upped their stage show though. But I find the older I get, the easier it is to say no to bands I have already seen (with a few exceptions like Tool, Devy or Opeth, I would go everytime).

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I have seen PWD a few times so yeah the desire is lacking. Seems like they have really upped their stage show though. But I find the older I get, the easier it is to say no to bands I have already seen (with a few exceptions like Tool, Devy or Opeth, I would go everytime).
That “entrance” they’ve (PWD) been doing is cringeworthy...

I know they do something like that at Wacken as a bit of tradition, but they’ve been doing that at other shows also.

Amazing how big they are...

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
What in the hell The Veronicas were doing walls of death at their Good Things shows. How did this become a thing lol.

I'm guessing because i assume the metal bands were doing it at the show?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What in the hell The Veronicas were doing walls of death at their Good Things shows. How did this become a thing lol.

They managed to make a marketing meme out of it. They were selling shirts with "The Veronicas" written in Iron Maiden font and on the back it says "I survived the wall of death"

Funny thing, at the Sydney show one of them said "come on Melbourne... I mean Sydney" then started jumping up and down and her tit popped out. Laughed my arse off.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
That “entrance” they’ve (PWD) been doing is cringeworthy...

I know they do something like that at Wacken as a bit of tradition, but they’ve been doing that at other shows also.

Amazing how big they are...
I have not seen this entrance thing. But I agree it is crazy how big they are. When they started I liked them but did not take them seriously at all, they just seemed like some surfers dudes who could hardly play their instruments. The fact they replaced their bassist with a mate (who I am not sure was even good at bass) whilst on tour seemed so crazy to me.

But they went to Europe on their own dime, and did it all themselves. Absolute respect. They deserve all the good things coming their way from their obvious hard work.

When The Veronicas were announced everyone was just amazed because they are absolute shite so someone created a FB Event to have the craziest mosh of the day for them. It was just a running joke that snowballed into something huge.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What in the hell The Veronicas were doing walls of death at their Good Things shows. How did this become a thing lol. I'm guessing because i assume the metal bands were doing it at the show?
and as a result they (the PC brigade) now want to ban moshpits at concerts.

When The Veronicas were announced everyone was just amazed because they are absolute shite so someone created a FB Event to have the craziest mosh of the day for them. It was just a running joke that snowballed into something huge.
I was wondering if there was some reason behind it. At first I thought maybe the crowd was just bored shitless.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...treme-moshing-BANNED-wall-death-injuries.html

A few bruises and scratches LOL ...

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

I was wondering if there was some reason behind it. At first I thought maybe the crowd was just bored shitless.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...treme-moshing-BANNED-wall-death-injuries.html

So because it was the Veronicas it makes news and they decide to make a deal about moshing. Didn't Thy Art Is Murder do a huge Wall Of Death during their set as well. Fuck me they will whinge about anything. Minor cuts and bruises, that's expected when your in a pit and from my experience if anyone goes down people pick them straight back up so they don't get trampled.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

So because it was the Veronicas it makes news and they decide to make a deal about moshing. Didn't Thy Art Is Murder do a huge Wall Of Death during their set as well. Fuck me they will whinge about anything. Minor cuts and bruises, that's expected when your in a pit and from my experience if anyone goes down people pick them straight back up so they don't get trampled.
There was worse on the day. This is just Daily Mail being Daily Mail. There's a reason it's known as King of the fake news websites.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
There was worse on the day. This is just Daily Mail being Daily Mail. There's a reason it's known as King of the fake news websites.
There's a cracker of an article on there today about "Geelong Advertiser reports man as Elton John in Victora, and it wasn't him".

I'm reading it thinking "gees well you aren't known for fact checking either" :D

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's a cracker of an article on there today about "Geelong Advertiser reports man as Elton John in Victora, and it wasn't him".

I'm reading it thinking "gees well you aren't known for fact checking either" :D
I want to stage dive to candle in the wind

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone else going to Opeth on Sat? My first metal gig at The State Theater. Should be excellent.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Instead of everyone waving cigarette lighters and swaying to the song, they should wave steering wheels.
It's odd that I read this comment right when the radio is playing, "All the Flame Trees behind the weary driver..."

That would be the perfect song to wave flaming steering wheels to.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else going to Opeth on Sat? My first metal gig at The State Theater. Should be excellent.
No, but I'm in Brisbane, but when I finally pulled the finger out went to buy a ticket for the Tivoli, they were sold out. I have been to the State Theater though, but not sure how a metal gig there works. I got in trouble for trying to sneak in a beer. That was about 12 years ago.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's odd that I read this comment right when the radio is playing, "All the Flame Trees behind the weary driver..."

That would be the perfect song to wave flaming steering wheels to.
I once played a gig at an Ipswich 'not the best pub in town' when there was a full moon. Honestly, it was the most feral night of all time. More than once I had to yell the phrase 'hey, that's an expensive cymbal you ****' :grinning: