How bullshit is Sydney water? Level 2 water restrictions

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That may well be the case, but it's not the point I'm making. Droughts are coming more and more often, and lasting longer and longer. Unfortunately some people dont seem to get the reality of it because they live in a concrete jungle where they dont see it.
There are also bushfires burning around Waragamba dam atm, and the water levels are extremely low.
But sure, go ahead blueboost, water your lawn and wash your car. Ignorance is bliss right?!
They are worried about the water quality of ash, pollutants etc in the catchment areas filtering through as well.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Currently at 45.7% - I know it's been dangerously lower though.

I have a solution to low water levels... STOP ALLOWING PEOPLE TO MIGRATE TO SYDNEY AND STOP BUILDING APARTMENT COMPLEXES ON THE SITE OF EVERY ABANDONED FACTORY. That sure as heck will help. I know that Scott Morrison is trying to get people to migrate to regional areas when they move to Australia, so I'll give him credit for that.
But it's not as if there is some sort of unlimited water supply in regional areas. Stanthorpe, for example, is literally about to truck in water.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Had a thought today.... so everyones on water restrictions... but how much water is being consumed by Coke/Woolie/Coles for their bottled water. Pump, Mt Franklin, Frantelle, Woolie/Coles Brand, Aldi brands.

I'm near certain none of it is imported water from overseas.

Hence who much would that be taking from required water supplies on a regular basis.

I'm just gonna do what the wogs do and concrete my whole yard. That way I don't have to worry about watering lawns or gardens again. Problem solved lol. :tongueclosed:
But then you have to wash the concrete down with a hose to ensure it stays in pristine condition :D

They are worried about the water quality of ash, pollutants etc in the catchment areas filtering through as well.
Charcoal is good for you I thought. It's what they use to mitigate drug overdoses. @Wolfmother or someone else in the medical industry might be able to explain why that is, but as far as I'm aware charcoal and carbon isn't too bad for you.

In body wash and toothpaste these days they are including charcoal/activated charcoal.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Had a thought today.... so everyones on water restrictions... but how much water is being consumed by Coke/Woolie/Coles for their bottled water. Pump, Mt Franklin, Frantelle, Woolie/Coles Brand, Aldi brands.

Hence who much would that be taking from required water supplies on a regular basis.

But then you have to wash the concrete down with a hose to ensure it stays in pristine condition :D

Charcoal is good for you I thought. It's what they use to mitigate drug overdoses. @Wolfmother or someone else in the medical industry might be able to explain why that is, but as far as I'm aware charcoal and carbon isn't too bad for you.

In body wash and toothpaste these days they are including charcoal/activated charcoal.
The part where you are swallowing particles I guess.

I was referring to this SMH article.

https://www.smh.com.au/environment/...or-sydney-s-water-supply-20191202-p53g2z.html

I hear that charcoal is good for haliotosis....something to keep in mind Mr I hehe.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

The part where you are swallowing particles I guess.

I was referring to this SMH article.

https://www.smh.com.au/environment/...or-sydney-s-water-supply-20191202-p53g2z.html

I hear that charcoal is good for haliotosis....something to keep in mind Mr I hehe.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
im my area of of south east qld, we have been in severe drought for several years, the local council in its wisdom decided that roundabouts would look much better with gardens growing in the middle of them, like seriously your telling residents to conserve water usage, and you go and plant flowers and shrubs inside roundabouts

dumb dumb dumb decisions by councils

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I have a solution to low water levels... STOP ALLOWING PEOPLE TO MIGRATE TO SYDNEY AND STOP BUILDING APARTMENT COMPLEXES ON THE SITE OF EVERY ABANDONED FACTORY. That sure as heck will help. I know that Scott Morrison is trying to get people to migrate to regional areas when they move to Australia, so I'll give him credit for that.
That's a problem in itself, but its not the same problem.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly right. There are also grave fears for all aquatic life in rivers close to bushfires ravaged lands as all the run off from when it next rains will have ash sediment in it. This bushfire period has been a massive disaster, and it will continue to have future ramifications.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
That's a problem in itself, but its not the same problem.
It’s a part of the problem.
If you keep inviting 100,000+ people annually to move into Sydney, that’s more water being used.

My older brother has a good solution for Sydney’s water problems.
Not going to post here though as it’s his idea.
Doubt many other people would have his vision?
As too many people are greedy and short sighted.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Mr I seems you're quite a prophet ..nek day an article re Coca Cola etc.

"Had a thought today.... so everyones on water restrictions... but how much water is being consumed by Coke/Woolie/Coles for their bottled water. Pump, Mt Franklin, Frantelle, Woolie/Coles Brand, Aldi brands.

"Hence who much would that be taking from required water supplies on a regular basis."

Mt Tambourine school has run out of water....Qld Govt buying it back to supply the school.
https://www.theguardian.com/environ...-water-commercial-bottlers-tamborine-mountain

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For any idiot complaining about water restrictions, take a look at these satellite images taken by NASA. If you thing the problem is overcrowding in sydney suburbs, like some do, then remove your self from your pin head sized view of the world, and take these images into consideration.
This is why we need water restrictions. And people simply must follow these instructions, or we will without doubt, run out of water in these built up areas!
Your post is one of the dumbest I've ever read. So you think increased demand on the water supply has nothing to do with the water restrictions

Councils are approving units going up and houses on tiny blocks which no doubt increase load on the water. Nothing has been done to increase the supply of water

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sydney water just knocked on my door and said they received a report of me washing my car.

Stage 2 restrictions came in on Tuesday so I walked them out and showed them my dirty car. Then I showed them my hose with a trigger nozzle on it. Last time I washed my car was sunday which I thought a trigger nozzle was ok.

They told me it's bucket only now, I said ok.

Then I thought which bastard neighbour would have dobbed on me, despite that I washed it legally. So I sent them next door and said he has an elaborate sprinkler system you should check it out.. pop your head over the fence. they caught him in the act spraying his lawn and fined him. Haha.. next time don't dob on me

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Absolutely.

This is the problem.

If you have food for 10 people and you invite 20 people, no-one eats properly. No different with water supply

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sydney water just knocked on my door and said they received a report of me washing my car.

Stage 2 restrictions came in on Tuesday so I walked them out and showed them my dirty car. Then I showed them my hose with a trigger nozzle on it. Last time I washed my car was sunday which I thought a trigger nozzle was ok.

Then I thought which bastard neighbour would have dobbed on me, despite that I washed it legally. So I sent them next door and said he has an elaborate sprinkler system you should check it out.. pop your head over the fence. they caught him in the act spraying his lawn and fined him. Haha.. next time don't dob on me

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It happened alright. They even gave me a pamphlet on tips how to save water.

It says

Showers 4 minutes per day.. ha
Full loads of washing
Half flush toilet
Don't leave taps running
Check for leaks on toilets
Plug your sink when rincing
Clean hard surfaces with a broom
Use pool cover
Install rainwater tank
Water roots of plants
Always mulch garden
Only wash cars with a bucket
Fill new pool with permit
Only use drip irrigation or smart watering systems
You can't hose hard surfaces
Water garden with watering can

It happened, one thing about blue boost... I don't lie

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
It happened alright. They even gave me a pamphlet on tips how to save water.

It says

Showers 4 minutes per day.. ha
Full loads of washing
Half flush toilet
Don't leave taps running
Check for leaks on toilets
Plug your sink when rincing
Clean hard surfaces with a broom
Use pool cover
Install rainwater tank
Water roots of plants
Always mulch garden
Only wash cars with a bucket
Fill new pool with permit
Only use drip irrigation or smart watering systems
You can't hose hard surfaces
Water garden with watering can

It happened, one thing about blue boost... I don't lie
Too true my friend.
Fake people can't stand real people.

To fake people, real people seem so unreal!