Official Members Forum Update from Belmore

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Fuck off dumb ****
CRACKing response David :D.

Give it to him davy boy. Any **** older than 10 would be over the shit surely
Any **** older than 10 wouldn't try to fight someone in real life over comments made on an internet forum too... but hey ... I hear it happens!

;)

Another item that came up: the future of Belmore. No specifics but the local council are in discussions regarding the future of Peter Moore Field, Terry Lamb Reserve (either side of BSG) and there’s some talk of the future of the bowlo next door too, tied in with the conversion of the train line to metro by 2024. Don’t know that there’s anything significant on the cards but Hilly did say that they are working towards ‘what’s next’ in terms of the high performance centre so they don’t ‘fall behind’ in years to come given that the Dogs were well ahead of other clubs when we built ours in 2011 but several other clubs have or are developing them now. He did endorse the ANZ re-dev plans and since I’m a member there too I do have to say the plans look impressive, so I think the Dogs are committed to ANZ for quite a while yet...
Hate to say it but I honestly think the longterm plan for that land will be knockdown and apartments to the highest bidding developer.

Councils love their developer kickbacks these days.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Spoke to Meaney - he and Reimis are swapping sides so working together quite a lot on that right now.

Q&A about to start...
Awesome stuff hope he's moving Hoppa to that edge with him though...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I'm guessing that's why we signed guys like Biondo etc to fast track this a bit. Basically to knock a little time off the process of having players we've had a hand in developing progressing into the top 17. We already have seen a few players get chances. Ogden, Too'omaga Wakeham Okunbor etc all got a taste of NRL. We recruited a few good young players too in CHN, DWZ Cogger etc. We'll have to wait and see how Stimson Britt and Katoa factor in next years team. But it's easier to criticize if you leave out those details.

The long term goals are different to what they're doing now. We all want to see the team have success and we're entitled to be critical. But I'd encourage you and others to apply a bit of a wider point of view.
Agree - and - a number of players are off contract at the end of 2020. Some will be retained, others won’t be. That’s a work in progress and they won’t say much about this until well into 2020.

On that note, interesting absentees tonight: Tolman and Elliott - part of the leadership team... Might be nothing in it, but all players are back training now...

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agree - and - a number of players are off contract at the end of 2020. Some will be retained, others won’t be. That’s a work in progress and they won’t say much about this until well into 2020.

On that note, interesting absentees tonight: Tolman and Elliott - part of the leadership team... Might be nothing in it, but all players are back training now...
Thanks for your updates mate. Really appreciate it

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
No but realistically they served up the same rubbish as start of last 2 seasons. Full of secrets big promises and chinese whispers of absolute hot air. Lol fuck me im worried about these clowns
What promises?
What Chinese whispers?
If you’re worried you have two choices - continue to rant on a forum or join the footy club and vote. You won’t be able to vote in Feb 2020, but you can by Feb 2022 if you’re unhappy with the direction. Additional membership from true Bulldogs is always welcomed...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Cheers for the updates tonight.. much appreciated for those of us that couldn't make it out there.

All we can do as fans is hope that the board make the right decisions on and off the field, I'm past getting all worked up over it (because it amounts to nothing anyway).

If anything it'll be interesting to see the direction we take in the future, and they have 2020/2021 to really get things happening, given the constant talk of 2021 being when we will be "in the clear".

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thanks for the updates and taking the time to share everything Dinkum Dog.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good stuff DD !!
Absolutely agree on the media strategy and have always believed it. It’s a work in progress it’s clear to see - and they are deliberately not saying stuff publicly until they’re ready. So those scribes who need to fill their column inches will write whatever they want. As Hilly said and in Donald Trump terms: ‘fake news’.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here : thanks for the updates. To the idiots bad mouthing the club becaus they’re frustrated and start carrying on to other supporters give your self an uppercut. And leave! True dogs supporter don’t carry on like port chops.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for all your efforts dinkum..!!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thanks for the thread/updates. I really hope they get everything right. Actions speak louder than words so we're just going to have to wait and see.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the updates Mr Dog,
I couldn’t make it due to work commitments but was reading up all night.
You are like the old union secretary taking the minutes of the meeting.
A very honest and unbiased overview mate.
Fantastic work.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Evening Kennelers

Greetings from Belmore.
The Members Forum gets underway soon and I’ll post updates here as anything significant is announced.

Players are mingling amongst the members...
Thanks for your work in this thread Dinks, your username checks out