Official Members Forum Update from Belmore

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The mining company being the major sponsor ?
Didn’t suggest so - but possible.
7 of the 9 sponsorship partners have been re-signed.

Hilly noted that the Storm have no major sponsor, Eels no back of jersey sponsor, pesky Wabbits no sleeve sponsor and many clubs are fighting for the same attention and dollars.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’d agree it’s not huge but sitting in the stadium vs the leagues club it felt more spaced out. Plus 6pm on a weekend isn’t the easiest for all and 2 weeks before Christmas. Not excuses, just realities.
Plus these forums under previous administrations have been a waste of time with fans given lip service and little else.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Question asked about 2021. Hilly said ‘A number of conversations are underway. What’s important is that the players they consider fit into the plan for the club. If they do, conversations progress from there’. However he also said: ‘We don’t want to overlook 2020 - we believe we’re in for a good season’.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Plus these forums under previous administrations have been a waste of time with fans given lip service and little else.
Lynne said they were determined to keep the forums going and make good on their commitment to keep members and fans involved. It’s good the players come along.

Stimson’s a good fella - had a chat - he’s keen for a big 2020 - good to hear!

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn’t suggest so - but possible.
7 of the 9 sponsorship partners have been re-signed.

Hilly noted that the Storm have no major sponsor, Eels no back of jersey sponsor, pesky Wabbits no sleeve sponsor and many clubs are fighting for the same attention and dollars.
Who gives a flying fuck what other clubs do and dont have. We should worry about our own backyard. Not divert attention

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Who gives a flying fuck what other clubs do and dont have. We should worry about our own backyard. Not divert attention
Wasn’t a focus or an excuse - just a point of commercial reality. I think it’s fair in context.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tell hilly enough of the cliches champ who the fuck are we talking too

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lynne said they were determined to keep the forums going and make good on their commitment to keep members and fans involved. It’s good the players come along.

Stimson’s a good fella - had a chat - he’s keen for a big 2020 - good to hear!
Stimson will turn out to be a very astute acquisition!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Another item that came up: the future of Belmore. No specifics but the local council are in discussions regarding the future of Peter Moore Field, Terry Lamb Reserve (either side of BSG) and there’s some talk of the future of the bowlo next door too, tied in with the conversion of the train line to metro by 2024. Don’t know that there’s anything significant on the cards but Hilly did say that they are working towards ‘what’s next’ in terms of the high performance centre so they don’t ‘fall behind’ in years to come given that the Dogs were well ahead of other clubs when we built ours in 2011 but several other clubs have or are developing them now. He did endorse the ANZ re-dev plans and since I’m a member there too I do have to say the plans look impressive, so I think the Dogs are committed to ANZ for quite a while yet...

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I didn't hear a critic today? Where were they? Too pussy? lmao

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Very poor & disappointing turnout- players/staff outnumber members!
Props to the club for the great organisation tho.

They also brought in the development players, good to see a few of our best prospects.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back home. Talked to most of the boys tonight. Also Hill and Lynne.
Hill and Lynne insisted that they try and keep everything tight lipped and media are throwing darts on most articles written about our club. Nothing much more from them bar saying 2020 we are aiming for success not waiting around for 2021.....
Stimpson says he is loving the move and family are only 4hrs away so not much changed for him after his move to us.
Reimis confirmed he wants a centre spot bad. Lewis looks like he has put on some size and Okonbur looks more impressive aswell. All the boys look happy and fit and were more than happy to have a yarn.

Edit... I encourage everybody who supports the club to do everything they can to make these forums. It is a much better way to have your voice heard and you can put your questions to those with some power over our club.