News Lewis reveals awkward Lockyer meeting

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Does it matter what position a great player plays? Ennis wasn't the best hooker but he was a great player, Lewis is the same
Not at all, never said it did and yes that’s correct. However we were talking halves so I guess that’s why I specified it :grinning:

silva

Utility
Reaction score
That's 2 dumb comments in the one thread. Please entertain us all and go for your hatrick
Yeh mate they only had the greatest back 5 in the history of the game. And pearce won as hb in 13 mate so whose the dumbo

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
It should be noted we have a 50% win rate with him. Yeah still doesn't sound great, but he obviously makes a positive difference to the team.
Yeah its a weird one. Its on record we do better with him on the field and yet he hasnt done anything spectacular.

I do believe Cogger will have a decent season though.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: it would be awkward .king is better than Lockyer and the family know it. Be like going to a prostitute and she only had 3 fingers ...... in total
I don't know many people that use prostitutes for their fingers.

I think strike players can improve their halves game more then vice versa
It goes both ways for sure. But I tend to think a well organised side with a good half running the show benefits more than a team with a strike player. You could argue that the Eels were one of the most one dimensional teams with Radradra (probably the best strike player in recent years I can think of) and if he had a quiet game they were rubbish.

Will agree to disagree on this though.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’m more excited and have hope in wakeham shining this year.
On the back of some extra training with shifty and external help from gws kicking coaches I expect him to take another step up.

he should play half and Lewis 6
That’s the best we got at this time

Lewis is a 6 not 7
Second receiver at best in attack
Brilliant defence
This is my thinkin as well.

Lewis cant create and somewhat panics. Wakeham can create and appears to thrive on the responsibility.

Said for a while that the only long term fg hope for Lewis is for him and the club to turn him into a Garry Hughes type 5/8 (if he has the ability to adapt the same style as Garry).

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He puts some more muscle on that frame and gets some more confidence who knows.
Those writing him off after 20 odd games and backing guys with more experience and more errors in their game is laughable.
Give him a stable half partner for more than 3 games in a row who knows what can happen.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Those writing him off after 20 odd games and backing guys with more experience and more errors in their game is laughable.
Give him a stable half partner for more than 3 games in a row who knows what can happen.
Nothing will happen.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He has really got to find something in 2020 though he has had almost identical seasons in 18 and 19 where he's had a decent finish to the year after a average start and didn't really show any improvement.

I will add there is plenty of player's in the same boat but any excuses just don't cut it anymore they need to deliver.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah its a weird one. Its on record we do better with him on the field and yet he hasnt done anything spectacular.

I do believe Cogger will have a decent season though.

He does spectacular things, just not on the side of the ball that we need it most... There have been games where he's essentially defended for 3 lol.. the guy plays every game like it's an Origin and if they are putting most emphasis on his attack over the pre season, he could have a really good season in 2020

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Found the new Moses Mbye, this bloke cant keep his mouth shut. Absolute dribbler for a bloke who can’t kick and pass

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It has been mentioned before but why cant he be turned into a lock along the lines of Cameron Murray? It will get him used to running at the line, makes the most of his defense, gives our 6, 7 and 9 a 4th kicking option.
Members have said that he has bulked up in the off season and would be more versatile as a utility than Elliott...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
And what about the start of the season? Pfft. The bulk of the wins are from the backend of both seasons when the boys are playing pressure efree footy, simple as that. He can't run and he can't ball play, the last time he put a forward into a gap was probably 2018 with Martin ffs. Nobody made a serious offer for him at all.
Yep if you can't hit CHN with a decent ball when hes running great lines for weeks then you have a massive problem.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
He does spectacular things, just not on the side of the ball that we need it most... There have been games where he's essentially defended for 3 lol.. the guy plays every game like it's an Origin and if they are putting most emphasis on his attack over the pre season, he could have a really good season in 2020
I'm not doubting his defence. However you don't buy a halfback based on his defence alone.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not doubting his defence. However you don't buy a halfback based on his defence alone.

of course... and on the other hand, I mentioned above that he looked better when he had the Morris bros and Martin running off him.... I think the beginning of the season really knocked him about.. he looked crisp in the trials and then it all went to shit... he will learn from that.. and as Matty Johns often says, it can take a half as many as 50 odd games in the top grade to really find their groove... Lewis is at 24 in and out of the top team, with half the chances to produce that some of the other halves get

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who gives a fuck.

Seriously he loves being in the limelight.

Can the Dogs ban him from the media.