News Stimson keen to find bark

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He has a half decent kicking game in him as well... not that we will be expecting him to produce it very often.. but he got a few nice results at the Storm when he did put them in... and he was obviously given a license by Bellyache

I don't know why some people aren't overly fussed with the signing... I think he's going prove a very good purchase

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/11/21/stimsons-highlights/

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has a half decent kicking game in him as well... not that we will be expecting him to produce it very often.. but he got a few nice results at the Storm when he did put them in... and he was obviously given a license by Bellyache

I don't know why some people aren't overly fussed with the signing... I think he's going prove a very good purchase

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/11/21/stimsons-highlights/
I'm all good with this signing as long as he hasn't been signed for some stupid amount considering he was only a fringe first grader at the Storm.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm all good with this signing as long as he hasn't been signed for some stupid amount considering he was only a fringe first grader at the Storm.

Yeah but the Storm are always heavily stacked... he would have been a regular in most teams... if he had been around for a long time and was still a fringe player at Storm I'd be worried... doubt he's on heaps... but he will prove his worth

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Btw Stimson, someone fix the title ffs

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every game I watch him play for Melb he scored tries and played up a storm.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
You guys haven’t been paying much attention to Mr Stimson have you? Mate he is an absolute weapon in both attack and defence! Every time he got a starting backrow spot at the Storm he was the most devastating forward on the field, killed the opposition in defence and scored at least two trys per game! We have a gun here fellas and no doubt you will be signing his praises come round 1 2020! mark my words...
How can we be praising him before he's even played an NRL game for us?

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I liked what I saw of Stimson at Melbourne. He was slowly getting more game time there through last year. Another year down there and he may have jumped higher in the pecking order. He's a solid defender and he runs pretty hard too. I didn't see a lot of flashy play from him. But I don't think you need to be a flashy player to be a good forward.

There are going to be some people that are still critical of this signing. He's not an established talent with just 17 NRL games in two seasons. But I've got hopes that he's going to wind up being another player that goes on to big things here. Some of our favourite players in our most recent glory era were signed when they were on the cusp of making themselves household names. There was no guarantee that they'd be great. But they'd done just enough to get noticed. It's still a point of pride to me that we used to recruit players that we're still not established that wound up in the rep arena shortly after joining us. A few teams thrive by recruiting stars regularly. But it's not how we traditionally built our strongest teams.

The naysayers will say that you can't be successful without signing marquee players. But the storm have used our old operating model to continually keep a strong roster together. I like that we're trying to get back to running the club that way. If Stimson doesn't go on to big things it's ok by me. He's probably not on a massive wage. But if he does establish himself as a quality player, it should be an indication that we've got some recruitment staff with the ability to see talent before the commentators start fapping over them.

Generally though they were coming into a fairly strong team. THis time it's different and we really need them to make there mark and be leaders for the next generation of Bulldogs.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hope he goes very well,only problem I’m seeing and hearing is that his fitness is a problem.Wasnt the best trainer at the Storm and same thing happening here.Has talent for sure but talent doesn’t help if your sitting on the bench.
On the subject of the Storm and fitness - what happened with Sam Kasiano?

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
On the subject of the Storm and fitness - what happened with Sam Kasiano?
THey had salary cap issues and had to let him go. He went and played for Catalan Dragons. Though when he did play for the Storm, he wasn't the big unit he was, and wasn't as effective.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
THey had salary cap issues and had to let him go. He went and played for Catalan Dragons. Though when he did play for the Storm, he wasn't the big unit he was, and wasn't as effective.
He was a character, and an effective strike weapon for us. We need characters - especially ones that strike fear into our opponents. Willy Mason was another.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Liked the bit about his comments, about Dean Pay. He is just saying what the rest of the team are saying.