News Lewis reveals awkward Lockyer meeting

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: it would be awkward .king is better than Lockyer and the family know it. Be like going to a prostitute and she only had 3 fingers ...... in total

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He he learnt how to pass a ball to his backrower yet???
His passing game needs work for sure. I'll be content if he just ever decided to run with it! If Lewis had Coggers running game he'd be a rep calibre half.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We whinge about players that dont wanna play for the club this kid is happy here and he didn’t play games with other clubs he just re signed with us he should be supported and applauded,yes hes not cronk but fmd hes only young and still learning but tackles like a truck good on him

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We whinge about players that dont wanna play for the club this kid is happy here and he didn’t play games with other clubs he just re signed with us he should be supported and applauded,yes hes not cronk but fmd hes only young and still learning but tackles like a truck good on him
True, should re-sign Elliott, Montoya and Holland asap also.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's here for 2 more years. Even if he's not making a huge impact as a half, I think he may find a new position somewhere due to his defensive ability.

I'm happy to reserve judgement on him. It's up to him to show his ability frequently enough to win his place in the team.
According to some, he prefers to play reserve grade rather than play other positions

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's all good to be able to tackle but to win games you also need halves who can put on points .. that's the conversation you want going on about your halves NOT how well they can tackle and defend.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's all good to be able to tackle but to win games you also need halves who can put on points .. that's the conversation you want going on about your halves NOT how well they can tackle and defend.
Hes young and learning fyi

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Funny we win alot when lewis plays mmm maybe because defence is important
And what about the start of the season? Pfft. The bulk of the wins are from the backend of both seasons when the boys are playing pressure efree footy, simple as that. He can't run and he can't ball play, the last time he put a forward into a gap was probably 2018 with Martin ffs. Nobody made a serious offer for him at all.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bulldog fans: Gonna tell my kids this was Wally Lewis

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think he meant to say average halves, but GREAT halves are deff the diff, in our situation we haven’t had a GREAT 7 for many years.! Not a staple anyway.
Does it matter what position a great player plays? Ennis wasn't the best hooker but he was a great player, Lewis is the same

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m more excited and have hope in wakeham shining this year.
On the back of some extra training with shifty and external help from gws kicking coaches I expect him to take another step up.

he should play half and Lewis 6
That’s the best we got at this time

Lewis is a 6 not 7
Second receiver at best in attack
Brilliant defence

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Good halves can provide a platform for moderately talented players to shine though. Looking at the best moments Foran had this year shows that a half with the ability to attract defence and get a good ball away can give players an easier route to the tryline. I hated Jamie Soward, but his kicking game provided the backs at Saint George with both great field position and scoring opportunities in an otherwise boring team. Someone like Cronk with both the passing and kicking game as well as the instinctive ability to read the game and make the right decisions has given every side he's played in a huge advantage.

Strike players are great to have. But good halves can virtually make moderately talented players look far better.

I know Lewis has to work on his attack ahead of this season. His debut games were good from an attacking perspective. I'm not sure if the combination of having a new baby and a couple of injuries sapped confidence or his focus. But he seemed less impressive. I hope he gets back on track with it. I think that Cogger had a more rounded game last year and Lewis. With Foran out long term, he'll probably have more chances to show the club if he should be in the starting lineup.
I think strike players can improve their halves game more then vice versa

silva

Utility
Reaction score
That player being the fullback. If you got a gun fullback the team usually goes well. Best teams over last decade storm and roosters have had 2 of the best fullbacks around in a long time.
Doesnt have to be a fullback. The more strike you got the better. Taumalolos a strike player and plays at lock

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m more excited and have hope in wakeham shining this year.
On the back of some extra training with shifty and external help from gws kicking coaches I expect him to take another step up.

he should play half and Lewis 6
That’s the best we got at this time

Lewis is a 6 not 7
Second receiver at best in attack
Brilliant defence
Totally agree and they compliment each other you cant have 2 halves the same