News Stimson keen to find bark

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Woof woof ..!!!

I don’t know how he will go to be honest, but one would think, he will be more beneficial than not after watching him at the storm..!!

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
This bloke isn’t horsing around !

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Woof woof ..!!!

I don’t know how he will go to be honest, but one would think, he will be more beneficial than not after watching him at the storm..!!
You guys haven’t been paying much attention to Mr Stimson have you? Mate he is an absolute weapon in both attack and defence! Every time he got a starting backrow spot at the Storm he was the most devastating forward on the field, killed the opposition in defence and scored at least two trys per game! We have a gun here fellas and no doubt you will be signing his praises come round 1 2020! mark my words...

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You guys haven’t been paying much attention to Mr Stimson have you? Mate he is an absolute weapon in both attack and defence! Every time he got a starting backrow spot at the Storm he was the most devastating forward on the field, killed the opposition in defence and scored at least two trys per game! We have a gun here fellas and no doubt you will be signing his praises come round 1 2020! mark my words...
As said, what I saw Of him at the storm I think he will be more beneficial than not, would love to mark your words an will.. belongs in that thread though :tonguewink:

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Should play him at left centre
Coz it’s not like we need anymore second rowers
Hmm oh wait

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I liked what I saw of Stimson at Melbourne. He was slowly getting more game time there through last year. Another year down there and he may have jumped higher in the pecking order. He's a solid defender and he runs pretty hard too. I didn't see a lot of flashy play from him. But I don't think you need to be a flashy player to be a good forward.

There are going to be some people that are still critical of this signing. He's not an established talent with just 17 NRL games in two seasons. But I've got hopes that he's going to wind up being another player that goes on to big things here. Some of our favourite players in our most recent glory era were signed when they were on the cusp of making themselves household names. There was no guarantee that they'd be great. But they'd done just enough to get noticed. It's still a point of pride to me that we used to recruit players that we're still not established that wound up in the rep arena shortly after joining us. A few teams thrive by recruiting stars regularly. But it's not how we traditionally built our strongest teams.

The naysayers will say that you can't be successful without signing marquee players. But the storm have used our old operating model to continually keep a strong roster together. I like that we're trying to get back to running the club that way. If Stimson doesn't go on to big things it's ok by me. He's probably not on a massive wage. But if he does establish himself as a quality player, it should be an indication that we've got some recruitment staff with the ability to see talent before the commentators start fapping over them.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hope he goes very well,only problem I’m seeing and hearing is that his fitness is a problem.Wasnt the best trainer at the Storm and same thing happening here.Has talent for sure but talent doesn’t help if your sitting on the bench.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m expecting big things from this guy next year considering the fact that our club has given him the chance to cement a permanent spot and really make a name for himself.
It’s a relatively short career so it’s time to step up.
Stimson,Napa and RFM need to be having a break out season next year if we are any real chance of making the finals series.
A lot hinges on our go forward and dominance in the middle of the park.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hope he goes very well,only problem I’m seeing and hearing is that his fitness is a problem.Wasnt the best trainer at the Storm and same thing happening here.Has talent for sure but talent doesn’t help if your sitting on the bench.
Oh no. Couldn't stand the 2 camps arguing over him being dropped like the Ofa and CHN situation ;) ...pull your finger our Stimmo.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ball playing 2nd rower with abit of speed and runs good lines!!
whichever centre or winger is on his side will rack up tries, mark my words.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looked good in his limited game time in Melbourne but the real test comes for him now away from that.

I'm not saying this in respect to Stimson but some very average players look like first graders in the Storm system then get exposed once they leave.

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bellamy had Stimson ahead of one of his favourites Ryan Hoffman in the 2018 finals series. I imagine he was only relegated to limited minutes after he signed with us as he is better than Kenny Bromwich.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looked good in his limited game time in Melbourne but the real test comes for him now away from that.

I'm not saying this in respect to Stimson but some very average players look like first graders in the Storm system then get exposed once they leave.
Yes some players do look good especially from a top tier team
Winning regular and having elite players around makes a difference
I hope Stimson makes a name for himself as a bulldog.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Stimson made an impact most games he was given an opportunity with Melbourne and he runs great lines...

I think he'll prove to be a good signing, I just hope he's used the right way close to the line as he has a knack for scoring tries.