How bullshit is Sydney water? Level 2 water restrictions

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why do people water this lawn? So it can remain green? It will always grow back... ALWAYS. Chill out people.
Grow back full of weeds n crap
Strong healthy lawn keeps the weeds etc at bay
People take pride in their house and yards

Why do you clean your house....?
Can always be cleaned once a year ALWAYS lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

It's because grass used to only be for the rich. Only rich people used to have grass and it used to be perfectly landscaped with scissors, owners would take great pride in it. Then eventually when the cost came down and it was easier to maintain, that's when your average folk started to get it and feel "wealthy". That's where the whole "tell the kids to get off the damn lawn" came from.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love my lawn. I water it from my tank and neighbors always throw the “nice lawn mate” comment. As in we ‘how do you do it and we have shit for lawn’

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's because grass used to only be for the rich. Only rich people used to have grass and it used to be perfectly landscaped with scissors, owners would take great pride in it. Then eventually when the cost came down and it was easier to maintain, that's when your average folk started to get it and feel "wealthy". That's where the whole "tell the kids to get off the damn lawn" came from.
Lolol grass only for the rich....
Cost of grass came down lolol
What am I reading
Grass hasn’t changed brother
My family must be loaded, got heaps of grass
My grandfather, his father before him
Loaded we are

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve got a tank
But need rain to fill it......
You didn't save the water from all the rainfall we got at the start of the year?

Don't know if you are in Sydney but we get rainfall here sometimes

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You didn't save the water from all the rainfall we got at the start of the year?

Don't know if you are in Sydney but we get rainfall here sometimes
Out west bro, only dust and wind lol
Central west nsw

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lolol grass only for the rich....
Cost of grass came down lolol
What am I reading
Grass hasn’t changed brother
My family must be loaded, got heaps of grass
My grandfather, his father before him
Loaded we are
Here's an old image of a man testing child killing spray, a product for the wealthiest of the wealthy that would kill children that dared to play on the grass. As you can see even the company that produced this product couldn't afford perfectly landscaped grass.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Here's an old image of a man testing child killing spray, a product for the wealthiest of the wealthy that would kill children that dared to play on the grass. As you can see even the company that produced this product couldn't afford perfectly landscaped grass.

Your good

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a tank
But need rain to fill it......
I've got two but they are virtually empty. They are only good for watering as they don't have filters so can't use for inside water. They are pretty old I wouldn't trust them to drink from as i think they contain lime in some way.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I love my lawn. I water it from my tank and neighbors always throw the “nice lawn mate” comment. As in we ‘how do you do it and we have shit for lawn’
Lol I love it, Not that I can say shit about this subject being a kiwi but that’s gold sleeky!!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

Bit like pharmaceutical companies back then. My mother was poisoned as a child due to her asthma medication. Some bright spark back then thought it was a good idea to put arsenic as a component in the medication. They also reckon it was a factor in my mother always having skin cancers and eventually other cancers, plus other medical issues.

By the time it all came out about the arsenic it was 40 odd years later and the company and inventor of the medication were long gone so could do anything about it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Got a water tank at home so I can hose away.
Is it mains fed / mains top up though like the majority of tanks are in suburbia?

If it tops up from mains when it gets low you cannot use it with water restrictions. We've got one and that's the gotcha. Even though it is still about half full at the moment.

The only hose we have attached and permanently on is for our dogs water bowl which auto refills when it gets too low. That does leak ever so slightly near the tap, but that's from the pressure reducer and can't do anything about that, as thats how they are designed to work.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol I love it, Not that I can say shit about this subject being a kiwi but that’s gold sleeky!!
I would rather them be honest and ask if I’m using town water. If they were a little smart, they would open their ears and hear the rainwater pump blasting !

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it mains fed / mains top up though like the majority of tanks are in suburbia?

If it tops up from mains when it gets low you cannot use it with water restrictions. We've got one and that's the gotcha. Even though it is still about half full at the moment.

The only hose we have attached and permanently on is for our dogs water bowl which auto refills when it gets too low. That does leak ever so slightly near the tap, but that's from the pressure reducer and can't do anything about that, as thats how they are designed to work.
I think the backyard tap is only hooked to the tank?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

Weed killer buddy :D Although what I prefer to do is pick them out from the root so the whole thing is plucked. If you simply chop the head of the weeds they'll grow back.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Fill it with water from your tap overnight :D
Except if you have a digital water meter... then you are up the shit the following day when Sydney Water drop round to ask how you used like 2000L overnight LOL

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Saving water is a fools game. It’s not like the water you save is being shipped to the farms that need it. All your doing is allowing the government to sit on their hands for a little longer before investing in the infrastructure required to drought proof a country that is 80% desert.