WWOS MOLE Drug Bombshell

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
DRUG BOMBSHELL SET TO BREAK
One of the league's biggest names in the last 20 years is facing serious drugs supply charges.

The player, now retired, can't be named on the instructions of the judge handling the case - for the moment. But he was arrested last week and appeared in court before being granted bail.

But he will be back before the judge soon and is then likely to be 'outed' - and make front page news.

The case is no fault of the NRL - it did the right thing by the player during his long career - but the incident will give the game another black eye nonetheless because of the man concerned's high profile.

Who could this be?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Doesn’t surprise, nothing does when it comes to retired or active players. And it’s unfortunate .

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
DRUG BOMBSHELL SET TO BREAK
One of the league's biggest names in the last 20 years is facing serious drugs supply charges.

The player, now retired, can't be named on the instructions of the judge handling the case - for the moment. But he was arrested last week and appeared in court before being granted bail.

But he will be back before the judge soon and is then likely to be 'outed' - and make front page news.

The case is no fault of the NRL - it did the right thing by the player during his long career - but the incident will give the game another black eye nonetheless because of the man concerned's high profile.

Who could this be?
There was a thread made mentioning a former player being naughty..... Just saying :grinning:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone know just a hint will suffice??

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope it’s not a ‘ former bulldogs star ‘

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only heard he was a grog monster & was always in trouble, but the NRL swept it under the carpet.
Id have assumed it was wrong. Like I said I could see very few reasons why he'd risk his career with activities like dealing drugs. But it does kind of reflect the timeline and the implication that it's a huge star. I guess that we'll see eventually.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
NZ sports star pleads not guilty to meth supply charge
One of the biggest names in New Zealand sport has pleaded not guilty over his alleged role in the importation and supply of methamphetamine.

However, he still cannot be named.

The interim name suppression order, first granted by Judge John Macdonald, was extended today by Judge Peter Rollo to protect the ongoing police investigation.

The accused appeared in a Manukau District Court dock alongside a co-accused and the pair were both remanded to appear in February next year.

Both men were silent during the brief hearing, as their respective lawyers entered the not guilty pleas.

"They have each pleaded not guilty to serious charges before the court," Judge Rollo said.

The former national player, who was represented by lawyer Ron Mansfield, now faces one charge of possession of methamphetamine for supply and two charges of importing the drug.

The co-accused, 43, also faces a charge of possession of methamphetamine for supply and charges of its importation.

The maximum penalty, if guilty of possessing methamphetamine for supply, is life imprisonment.

Both men were well supported in court by family, who filled the seats in the small public gallery.

Acting Detective Inspector Shaun Vickers previously confirmed Counties Manukau police had arrested the men in Auckland late last week after a joint investigation with Customs into methamphetamine supply.

A third man, connected to the case, appeared later in the Manukau District Court and was also granted interim name suppression.

He is also accused of importing methamphetamine and was remanded without plea to reappear later this year.

A fourth man connected to the case will also appear in the Manukau District Court later this year.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/...witter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nzh_tw

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Get on to it Scoobs.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One of Leagues biggest names in the last 20 years. Hmmmmm... so he's obviously a player from the 2000s... who could it possibly be?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Get on to it Scoobs.
Me ? Lol..

If I hear anything, or find anything out I will be sure to inform, but just because I’m in nz I will have no more info than all of you, as what’s on the news etc.

Last edited:

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Please keep names out of the thread until broken by the media. Supression orders exist for good reason, and all posts and threads on here cache to Google.
What !! Your not suppose to have any power !!

Good to have you back Mr I even if you did delete my thread :tearsofjoy:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What !! Your not suppose to have any power !!

Good to have you back Mr I even if you did delete my thread :tearsofjoy:
Very good to have him back, an see him deleting all posts again. Maybe a bit of order may start happening to keep this place in check.!!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
How many players and ex players get caught up in that world, it's astonishing really.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sad to see a player go downhill like that...

Wonder what's running at Mooney Valley this weekend, hope a kiwi wings one in.