How bullshit is Sydney water? Level 2 water restrictions

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Sydney water authority to have level 2 water restrictions from tomorrow

How bullshit is this?

Local councils in Sydney keep pressing the demand on water by approving high density units and houses on itty bitty tiny blocks of land.

How much do councils contribute to the water infrustructure out of the extra rates they take in?

How much did they charge the greasy blokes that cram as many low quality units on a little block of land to put towards water infrustructure. They make a killer profit but make it worse for everyone else by increasing demands on water.

How can we increase demand on water but never invest on water infrustructure? Where is the planning? They all think to make a buck today but no regard for everyone else.

Our immigration policy to allow every man and his dog in to again place pressure on housing and demand on water infrustructure.

So tomorrow we can't wash our cars or water our yards? The threats of fines upto $220?

But I can pay a car wash to use water to wash my car? Because they are a business?what the hell is going on?

Before any water restrictions why should the Sydney water authority declare what their plans are for more infrustructure to support a growing Sydney ??

What are councils doing to provide money? Or just take in the extra rates..

Should we declare Sydney as full? No more contruction and increasing housing density until the infrustructure can support it.

The hell with em, I'm washing my car and watering my lawn.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone explain how washing a car with a bucket saves water over the use of a hose?

To fill a bucket you would need about 30 seconds of tap to run from a hose..

I would need 3 to 4 buckets of water to rince off my car, as you cannot direct the water well from a bucket.

The hose I could rince the car down in 30 seconds easy as you can direct the spray of water.

So in actual fact to be compliant with the water restrictions I need to use 4 times the water? Maybe more. Isn't it ridiculous?

Or pay $40 for a car wash to spray my car with water and waste more than I would.

Do these clowns actually do any sort of calculation to see how much water is used. Washing a car with a bucket will no doubt use more water. By far.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Can someone explain how washing a car with a bucket saves water over the use of a hose?

I would need 3 to 4 buckets of water to rince off my car, as you cannot direct the water well from a bucket.

The hose I could rince the car down in 30 seconds easy as you can direct the spray of water.

So in actual fact to be compliant with the water restrictions I need to use 4 times the water? Maybe more. Isn't it ridiculous?

Or pay $40 for a car wash to spray my car with water and waste more than I would.

Do these clowns actually do any sort of calculation to see how much water is used. Washing a car with a bucket will no doubt use more water. By far.
Will someone PLEASE give this tight arse 20 bucks so he can drive his car through the BP Supershield Car Wash and STFU??

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Pretty sure you can't use a hose because idiots leave their taps running and the fittings blow and burn through a 1000L an hour. The amount of houses I've been to where people leave there taps running is more common than you would expect. I did just make up that reason so I could be wrong, probably ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Because most people won't use a bucket. They will just not wash their car or water their lawn. So it becomes a massive saving in water. Plus as said above, soooo many people just leave hoses going forever. Like 5 hours to water their lawn because they forget about it or just don't care.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Because most people won't use a bucket. They will just not wash their car or water their lawn. So it becomes a massive saving in water. Plus as said above, soooo many people just leave hoses going forever. Like 5 hours to water their lawn because they forget about it or just don't care.
Not to be racist but this is almost always Indians that leave the water running lol. I actually redone this guy's lawn last year and he left the sprinkler running NONSTOP FOR OVER AN ENTIRE DAY. Guess why he did it? Because he couldn't be bothered watering it daily so thought he could do it all in one hit and save time lol.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Not to be racist but this is almost always Indians that leave the water running lol. I actually redone this guy's lawn last year and he left the sprinkler running NONSTOP FOR OVER AN ENTIRE DAY. Guess why he did it? Because he couldn't be bothered watering it daily so thought he could do it all in one hit and save time lol.
Yeah this does not surprise me. Also water costs fk all so people don't think about wasting it.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Why do people water this lawn? So it can remain green? It will always grow back... ALWAYS. Chill out people.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will someone PLEASE give this tight arse 20 bucks so he can drive his car through the BP Supershield Car Wash and STFU??
Anyone with a decent car knows that car washes scratch the heck out of your car.

Otherwise the touchless washes use chemicals so coarse they strip back your expensive sealant you applied and maybe even the paint.

Any car enthusiast washes their own car, I don't want my car damaged.

For those that don't wash then the dirt will become embedded in the paint pores on their duco, wear it away and lead to fade and this a diminished value in their car. When you go to sell you car and it looks like a dogs breakfast don't expect the buyer to pay much ... But it's about pride, it shows your a scumbag if you don't drive a clean car, people say if he takes no pride in his appearance or his belonging imagine how he will treat me or my business

Would you walk into a restaurant with a white shirt all dirty or scuffed up shoes. Scumbag. Same with your car, if it is clean I say this person does all the 1% things well.

When I interview someone for a job, I walk them to their car. If I see it dirty I know that person is an actor, they only do and say what you can see to make you happy but anything you don't look at they don't do, leave all the little bits undone. Clean your car and I know the person does their job from the moment they leave home, to the minute they get home, no cutting corners

Last edited:

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
While you're here what's your opinion on this tv?

50" 4K Ultra HD TV for $379
  • Resolution: 3840 x 2160
  • Panel size: 49.5"
  • 4K – ultra high definition
  • HD tuner – high definition tuner
  • REC – record live TV
  • HDMI connectivity
  • USB media playback
  • ARC – Audio Return Channel
  • Easy remote included
  • Viewing angle: 178(H) x 178(V)
  • Ports: 1 x TV, 1 x YPbPr, 1 x CVBS/audio in, 4 x HDMI, 1 x optical, 2 x USB and 1 x line out
https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-...aturday-detail-wk50/ps/p/50-4k-ultra-hd-tv-1/
Dies it even HDR ?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Anyone with a decent car knows that car washes scratch the heck out of your car.

Otherwise the touchless washes use chemicals so coarse they strip back your expensive sealant you applied and maybe even the paint.

Any car enthusiast washes their own car, I don't want my car damaged.

For those that don't wash then the dirt will become embedded in the paint pores on their duco, wear it away and lead to fade and this a diminished value in their car. When you go to sell you car and it looks like a dogs breakfast don't expect the buyer to pay much ... But it's about pride, it shows your a scumbag if you don't drive a clean car, people say if he takes no pride in his appearance or his belonging imagine how he will treat me or my business

Would you walk into a restaurant with a white shirt all dirty or scuffed up shoes. Scumbag. Same with your car, if it is clean I say this person does all the 1% things well.

When I interview someone for a job, I walk them to their car. If I see it dirty I know that person is an actor, they only do and say what you can see to make you happy but anything you don't look at they don't do, leave all the little bits undone. Clean your car and I know the person does their job from the moment they leave home, to the minute they get home, no cutting corners
Say walla.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why do people water this lawn? So it can remain green? It will always grow back... ALWAYS. Chill out people.
Nobody in Brisbane waters their lawn. They let it die off in winter. Reason is that by the end of summer we are so sick of mowing it every frigging weekend, that we enjoy some time off in winter. As there hasn't been any summer rains yet, the front lawn is a bloody dustbowl.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are Christmas kiddy pools banned this Christmas?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I actually feel a bit guilty topping up my pool, but i have to otherwise the pump won't work.
Wish I had a pool at mine, but unfortunately my backyard set up doesn't allow for it.

Though, the public pool is virtually across the road from my house but you know what public pools are like.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I actually feel a bit guilty topping up my pool, but i have to otherwise the pump won't work.
Last house we had a pool but we couldn't clear the fine particle dust out even after backwashing. The amount of water needed to flush it was insane so we aren't having a pool this new house we are building.