Bulldogs’ Jack Cogger hails unseen impact of injury-hit halves partner Kieran Foran

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Don't need to see shit behind closed doors. ***** on millions and he's not playing, end off. In the salary cap era that's all that matters. Be a fucking coach for "behind the scenes work" ffs.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I took out of that is even when he's on the field he is carrying an injury, awesome.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The fact that he has "played on with injury to his own detriment" is hardly a ringing endorsement jack.It just shows him to be a selfish ****.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Can’t believe he kept saying how Foran will probably return early when we are trying to get cap relief!

must be scared if we get cap relief we’ll buy another half....

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting to see if another club is stupid enough to show interest for 2021.

I've got no question he's mentally tough and works hard to get back on the park but at some stage he needs to face reality.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cogger is going to have a massive year, no way Foran is going to cut him off later in the year.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cogger is going to have a massive year, no way Foran is going to cut him off later in the year.
I would be pretty annoyed if Cogger has a good year and is replaced by Foran (if he recovers) towards the end of the year.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I would be pretty annoyed if Cogger has a good year and is replaced by Foran (if he recovers) towards the end of the year.
Agree. Momentum will be more important than anything. We’ve already done our dough on Foran - what exactly would we be salvaging just to get him to play a handful of games before his contract expires? If we’re going OK with any combo of the 3 young fellas, that should not be disrupted for the sake of lessening the financial damage of Foran.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Interesting to see if another club is stupid enough to show interest for 2021.

I've got no question he's mentally tough and works hard to get back on the park but at some stage he needs to face reality.
The amount of quality halves in today's game is low, no doubt a few clubs will still be tempted by Foran because of this. Doubt anyone will be dumb enough to pay him even anywhere near close to the the money he gets with us, but he will still get a very good offer imo.

I think if you're already confident in your roster and can make the finals without Foran and already have a solid half, then he's well worth the risk at the right price. If the bloke is some how fit enough to play finals then he's a potential match winner. As we've seen with us he can play like a 90 year old all game yet still lay on multiple tries.

In saying that I think the Knights will sign him out of desperation lol.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The amount of quality halves in today's game is low, no doubt a few clubs will still be tempted by Foran because of this. Doubt anyone will be dumb enough to pay him even anywhere near close to the the money he gets with us, but he will still get a very good offer imo.

I think if you're already confident in your roster and can make the finals without Foran and already have a solid half, then he's well worth the risk at the right price. If the bloke is some how fit enough to play finals then he's a potential match winner. As we've seen with us he can play like a 90 year old all game yet still lay on multiple tries.

Can’t help but think the Despot would lure him to Lottoland for a swansong to top up his super but I guess with Walker & DCE locked up possibly not.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
These Dogs are chirpy.. Lewis Cogger Smith Foran Jackson Wakeham all have had their say publicly about one thing or another the past fortnight.. Contrary to some bagging them for lack of news.. quiet Dogs they are not..

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

I still get the feeling he will be offered something from us. I'm not sure how I feel about that, I agree with what you said about him still being able to win a match.

Time will tell but I don't see us doing much with Cogger and Lewis as halves. I'm hopeful about Wakeham but he needs the right help.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wonder if perhaps he's overdoing it, hence more prone to injury.
I think his body is just shot and easy to re-injure himself. I know myself with my injuries of the past that it doesn't take much for me to re-injure my knees,ankles and shoulders. Hence why I had to give up sport in my mid 20's.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
As critics I don't think anyone doubts forans desire to play and work hard. I think he wants to do well for us.

The problem is his body.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can’t believe he kept saying how Foran will probably return early when we are trying to get cap relief!

must be scared if we get cap relief we’ll buy another half....

he will come back early, and then he'll be gone again

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
As critics I don't think anyone doubts forans desire to play and work hard. I think he wants to do well for us.

The problem is his body.

100%.. you see the work he does in defence and that's the sign of a guy who wants to put in for the team... it really is a shame because not only Doggies fans miss out, but fans of NRL in general... I don't think there are many fans who don't enjoy watching Kieran play (except when he's beating their team)