News Bulldogs winger Reimis Smith wants a centre spot in NRL season 2020

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Theres some talk on social media that Reimis has signed with the tigers for next year haha

as always take this news with a grain of salt. Assume it came from mr invisible and was backed up by David Holland

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If we push him into the centres.. that frees up a wing spot to make a play for Addo Carr... dreams are free right...

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really think he needs some time in the top grade, hes shown how hard he can be to stop in limited chances id be willing to start with Remis at centre and Jayden on the wing at least we"d know for 2021 if he"s ready.
for sure... one thing we know about Jayden is that he won't die wondering... as long as everybody is pulling their weight he won't be the only one singled out by defenders like he was a few times this season.. that's why I am liking the idea of Reimis in the centres because I'd like to see him with more ball... he loves the battle

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Stats told Des that Tolman was the best front rower in the game...
Yh but nobody knows what stats Deswas looking at. Okunbors output and raw ability is all great, but he defenitely needs to "learn" how to play on the wing.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know any centres that get more ball then there wingers.
Take a look at hoppa, go get the ball kid. Position doesnt matter him he just plays football.
Centres never get a broken field to return the ball or anything,
Centres get less ball than anyone on the field,
U want to get yourself in a game as a centre u defend hard and chase kicks hard. Kid looks too relaxed to be a centre.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yh but nobody knows what stats Deswas looking at. Okunbors output and raw ability is all great, but he defenitely needs to "learn" how to play on the wing.
Might be easier to teach him centre. Defence wise it might be simpler for him to read and he has tackle busting ability.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Theres some talk on social media that Reimis has signed with the tigers for next year haha

as always take this news with a grain of salt. Assume it came from mr invisible and was backed up by David Holland
He just resigned with the dogs and it was announced by the dogs themselves. The guy clearly doesn't pay attention to player transfer/resigning announcements.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He's a good finisher. Should stay on the wing.
IM happy for him to move to centre. Why? Okunbor and Meaney is why (both should improve). But i also want Reimus in the side. So it may be the only way to have all 3 in the side.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
IM happy for him to move to centre. Why? Okunbor and Meaney is why (both should improve). But i also want Reimus in the side. So it may be the only way to have all 3 in the side.
I am not sold on Okunbur mate. He still makes a heap of mistakes. I reckon he should be moved to the forwards at some point (if he cuts out his mistakes).

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I am not sold on Okunbur mate. He still makes a heap of mistakes. I reckon he should be moved to the forwards at some point (if he cuts out his mistakes).
He's pretty noob though. He should improve. Our defence is sound now, we need more attack and x factor, things he has.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Okunbor is a victim of his own attitude. He has had every opportunity to cement his position on the team regardless of injuries. He needs to believe his own hype and TRUST his teammates.
Dont like meaney on the wing too small for those scoots will get monstered Smith and okunbor is our best wing combo

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Okunbor is a victim of his own attitude. He has had every opportunity to cement his position on the team regardless of injuries. He needs to believe his own hype and TRUST his teammates.
Jamal Idris 2.0
I’m not sold.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont like meaney on the wing too small for those scoots will get monstered Smith and okunbor is our best wing combo
Would you play Meaney in the centre’s ?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the guy can’t tackle opposing wingers
How’s he going to fair in the middle against robust forwards
He’s absolutely shiet
Go watch the manly game at Brookie last year plz
Or maybe the countless times he drops the ball cold
Meaney and reimis wingers, that’s the best we got
End story

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
He couldn’t tie jamals boots on his best day
Jamal played for nsw and aust and could’ve been anything until his mind went awol
That being the case even more reason to be wary.
I just haven't seen much I've been impressed with so far.
He's tall, he ran over Cameron Smith, but not much else - suspect under the high ball, general ball handling not great - needs a lot of polish if he's to become a regular first grader in my view.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score