News Why pursuit of Fifita won't impact on top Dog Jackson's new deal

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How rfm, chn, and toomaga were held back because of this muppet defies belief.

pay sent lachie Lewis back to Reggie’s to work on his defence yet lewis tackle efficiency blew Elliot’s out of the water.
Elliot’s missed tackles count was higher than Lewis
Little things like that yet is continually picked

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The only thing he bleeds is mediocrity, sideways runs, missed tackles, butterfingers flog, penalty machine muppet.
He should’ve been sacked after mad Monday incident.
And if you don’t believe there is a direct affect of no major sponsor and his antics than I will give it away.
There was a small affect. The biggest reason we have no major sponsors is because we're expected to finish second last next season. We also don't have many free air games. I think Mad Monday is pretty irrelevant now tbh.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
How rfm, chn, and toomaga were held back because of this muppet defies belief.

pay sent lachie Lewis back to Reggie’s to work on his defence yet lewis tackle efficiency blew Elliot’s out of the water.
Elliot’s missed tackles count was higher than Lewis
Little things like that yet is continually picked
Lewis is one of the best defensive Halves in the competition (maybe bar Cleary). Maybe Pay just said that to the media? It's an easy reason to give.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh nooo. We better hurry up and re-sign Jackson or we're in danger of losing Adam Elliott..... the thought of that is keeping us fans awake at night..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There was a small affect. The biggest reason we have no major sponsors is because we're expected to finish second last next season. We also don't have many free air games. I think Mad Monday is pretty irrelevant now tbh.
You’re kidding yourself if you think Mad Monday is irrelevant to sponsorship. You add that to the other things you stated and it’s a very hard sell. People that aren’t even interested in footy would know Elliott and it would have nothing to do with anything on the field. The first thing Elliott gets associated with is getting his dick out. Negative headlines for alcohol fueled incidents are the number one thing keeping sponsors away from the game as a whole and Elliott is the poster boy for it now.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You’re kidding yourself if you think Mad Monday is irrelevant to sponsorship. You add that to the other things you stated and it’s a very hard sell. People that aren’t even interested in footy would know Elliott and it would have nothing to do with anything on the field. The first thing Elliott gets associated with is getting his dick out. Negative headlines for alcohol fueled incidents are the number one thing keeping sponsors away from the game as a whole and Elliott is the poster boy for it now.
I'm afraid I have to agree.

The club got a total bath in the media. Add that incident to all the others, it was a tipping point forever lurking in the background.

Harmless fun amongst friends but has had a very public sullying of the brand as far as Corporate sponsorship goes. These incidents do eventually come home to roost....as the DT expected!

Our next sponsorship will be crucial.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Probably why Elliot cut his hair after Mad Monday - so the curtains matched the carpet.

Likely a bit of both. As a rebuilding side not expected to go Top 4 it becomes a harder sell in a competitive market.
Mad Monday did not help - and though KIA stuck it out and stayed on as a partner, they obviously weren't willing to lay out the big bucks again.
Whether that's their own data telling them to re-focus on the Queensland market (hence sponsorship of the Ponies) or them not seeing bang for buck with the Dogs - well - only they know.
Mad Monday being a club sponsored function was really the issue. If Elliott and his mates were caught out on the sauce on their own time it wouldn't have had the same impact - the club has learnt from that - hence no club function for Mad Monday 2019.

Another issue with sponsorship is most clubs are limited to B2C brands. B2B isn't as attracted to this sort of opportunity because they're not trying to sell to the punter who buys the jerseys and benefits brand exposure at games.
I note the Storm still don't have a major sponsor for 2020 either - so at least we're not alone at this point: https://leagueunlimited.com/news/34295-2020-nrl-jerseys/

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I believe in loyalty...
But the club has to do what needs to be done to climb the summit !
If Jacko and Elliot are holding the club for ransom and stopping the club from signing a game breaker like Fifita coming to the club...
I know what I would do !!!
Couple of people on TK can whisper these words into the management's ears...I know they can :tonguewink:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate... respectfully your head is in the sand if you think that it was a small effect. The fact we are at the bottom end of the ladder the last few years has only amplified that.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really don't think we're after Fifta if I'm honest. Suits the club to have it out there as it then looks 'good' to supporters that we're chasing the best of the best. We sign on Jacko and it'll finally put the Fifta thing to bed imo.

Agree that we need some backs though. Crying out for them. But who? Mitchell? Shown his colours and is well and truly getting shunted now.
I was hoping for Lomax but he's re-signed now unfortunately.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam, who said the Dogs want re-sign you anyway?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mate... respectfully your head is in the sand if you think that it was a small effect. The fact we are at the bottom end of the ladder the last few years has only amplified that.
Not really a fan of people bringing that into the argument of Elliott being bad or "worse than CHN". I really don't think people care about Mad Monday anymore. That's why I think it's irreverent. The main reason why we don't have a major sponsor is for what I said earlier.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I care about it and so do many others..

It's still a major talking point when people ask me about who I support and they point straight to mad Monday with their jokes and ribbing
Not really a fan of people bringing that into the argument of Elliott being bad or "worse than CHN". I really don't think people care about Mad Monday anymore. That's why I think it's irreverent. The main reason why we don't have a major sponsor is for what I said earlier.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish we were being linked to talented spine players (if any available) rather than more expensive forwards that take huge chunks out of our cap space. We just went through all of that with Desirayrae.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We don't have a major sponsor for multiple reason, the Elliott thing is defenitely one of those reasons. The fact that our club currently does not have a sponsor and lost one of the richest deals in the NRL is a major concern.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
David Fifita set to turn down big money offers from Sydney clubs to stick with Brisbane

Brisbane’s boom forward David Fifita is set to turn down $4m offers to move to Sydney clubs and re-sign with the Broncos.
According to The Daily Telegraph, Anthony Seibold’s highly-prized 19-year-old sensation, who is off contract this year, is set to re-sign with the Broncos in the coming weeks.

It comes after the Broncos supported Fifita during his off-season indiscretion in Bali.

Fifta was jailed for three days after an alleged assault on a security guard and Brisbane staff helped secure his release last month.

The Bulldogs were among a number of clubs, including the Roosters and the Gold Coast Titans to be linked to Fifita prior to his jailing, while the Parramatta Eels have also registered their interest.

“When a club frees up a few dollars like we have for 2021 we’ll be linked to everyone and we’ve already seen that,’’ Canterbury CEO Andrew Hill told the Sydney Morning Herald.

“We’re certainly interested in quality players, and whenever a quality player comes on to the market we’ll sit down and consider if they’re the right fit for us.
“We’re waiting to hear back from [Fifita’s] player manager as to what the next steps are.”

The Daily Telegraph claims that despite overtures from Sydney, Fifita feels indebted to the club for helping to get him out of prison.

He is also being urged by fellow players to stay with Seibold’s side.

Fifita’s Maroons teammate, Felise Kaufusi, said last month he wants him to remain with the club and says that Brisbane can help take his game to the next level.

“I think Dave should stay at the Broncos,” Kaufusi said.

“I’m not too sure what clubs are chasing him but the key for Dave is where he feels comfortable and happy playing his football, and if that’s at the Broncos, he should stick around.
“If he feels he needs to get out of his comfort zone, then he might look around, but he will only get better as a player at the Broncos.

“He is going to be a superstar of the game. I had time with him in Origin camp this year and I was really impressed with his attitude and his willingness to learn.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
David Fifita set to turn down big money offers from Sydney clubs to stick with Brisbane

Brisbane’s boom forward David Fifita is set to turn down $4m offers to move to Sydney clubs and re-sign with the Broncos.
According to The Daily Telegraph, Anthony Seibold’s highly-prized 19-year-old sensation, who is off contract this year, is set to re-sign with the Broncos in the coming weeks.

It comes after the Broncos supported Fifita during his off-season indiscretion in Bali.

Fifta was jailed for three days after an alleged assault on a security guard and Brisbane staff helped secure his release last month.

The Bulldogs were among a number of clubs, including the Roosters and the Gold Coast Titans to be linked to Fifita prior to his jailing, while the Parramatta Eels have also registered their interest.

“When a club frees up a few dollars like we have for 2021 we’ll be linked to everyone and we’ve already seen that,’’ Canterbury CEO Andrew Hill told the Sydney Morning Herald.

“We’re certainly interested in quality players, and whenever a quality player comes on to the market we’ll sit down and consider if they’re the right fit for us.
“We’re waiting to hear back from [Fifita’s] player manager as to what the next steps are.”

The Daily Telegraph claims that despite overtures from Sydney, Fifita feels indebted to the club for helping to get him out of prison.

He is also being urged by fellow players to stay with Seibold’s side.

Fifita’s Maroons teammate, Felise Kaufusi, said last month he wants him to remain with the club and says that Brisbane can help take his game to the next level.

“I think Dave should stay at the Broncos,” Kaufusi said.

“I’m not too sure what clubs are chasing him but the key for Dave is where he feels comfortable and happy playing his football, and if that’s at the Broncos, he should stick around.
“If he feels he needs to get out of his comfort zone, then he might look around, but he will only get better as a player at the Broncos.

“He is going to be a superstar of the game. I had time with him in Origin camp this year and I was really impressed with his attitude and his willingness to learn.
I think he will stay Brisbane. I think the forward we are really after is Luke Thompson.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If the Broncos offer him 1m he's staying. I think other clubs were banking on Broncos offering 700-800k.