South Korea?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone been ? Any feedback thinking about stopping there on way to Japan in April

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
North Korea is where it's at!!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Watched few vids on that last time looks interesting but fuck that have a look on Google maps china built a bridge into nk and it just stops lol nothing on nk side

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Watched few vids on that last time looks interesting but fuck that have a look on Google maps china built a bridge into nk and it just stops lol nothing on nk side
That's weird then lol.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm going to check out North Korea from the safety of the DMZ.

I'll ask to borrow a Korean soldiers binoculars so I can look at the north Korean soldiers from a safe distance.

Wouldn't want to fuck with a North Korean.
They beat America in a war! Lol

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone been ? Any feedback thinking about stopping there on way to Japan in April
I spent a month there when a mate was teaching English at an academy. I didn't do a huge amount of touristy stuff. Mostly did a heap of drinking and eating out at some ridiculously cheap restaurants.

The DMZ tours are a reasonable way to spend a day. The DMZ itself isn't hugely interesting, but there are some tunnels you can tour that were being dug during the war for invasion.

There's supposed to be some good hiking spots which I didn't get around to checking out. Food wise, find one of the restaurants where you can bbq your own meat at the table. Good fun and pretty tasty, there was also a really good restaurant that was based inside a model ship in jeonju if you go there. Everything they cooked there was delicious except a pizza my mate ordered which was soggy and had fucking cherries and pickled onions on it (retch). They do a really nice stewed rib dish though. Seoul has plenty of pissup opportunities and plenty of nice restaurants. Ate at a huge indian restaurant there which was the best indian food I've ever eaten, plus ate some nice Mexican food there. Food is something they do really well. And it's worth taking a wander through a supermarket and checking out the trial food thing. They generally have a minimum of 16 little food stations that you try the old toothpick testers at. Almost every aisle has a bunch of pretty young woman working as assistants, good for a perve. And if you travel with a few people they do good karaoke rooms where 2-15 people can drink and sing away from the general public. Skiing etc is also pretty reasonable in price. Soccer is pretty popular there too and if you time it right you might be able to catch a game if you are inclined.

Can't think of a huge amount of other interesting things I did there.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I went about 10 years ago nice food ,grog ok but find an interpreter

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I worked with about a dozen South Koreans over a couple of years and found that most have a bit of larrakinism in them. Especially AFTER they figured out that me accusing them of being North Korean spies was just a joke. Hahaha. Good times.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I worked with about a dozen South Koreans over a couple of years and found that most have a bit of larrakinism in them. Especially AFTER they figured out that me accusing them of being North Korean spies was just a joke. Hahaha. Good times.
To elaborate a little more the lady SK's seemed particularly friendly aswell. One of them told me her Aussie name is bunny. When I asked her if she meant like bugs bunny or playboy bunny her eyes lit up with her tatted on eye liner and she enthusiastically told me "yah playboy bunny for sure" in a thick American accent (US english accents are common with these guys and gals) Then asked me the same afternoon if I have a room to rent. Sadly I had to tell her that I don't think my girlfriend at the time would appreciate my generosity.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Going back to Japan again so soon... is Southy Snr coming along again?

Go to Vietnam instead, so that every morning you can wake up and yell out "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING VIETNAM".

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Going back to Japan again so soon... is Southy Snr coming along again?

Go to Vietnam instead, so that every morning you can wake up and yell out "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING VIETNAM".
You pay extra for dis!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To elaborate a little more the lady SK's seemed particularly friendly aswell. One of them told me her Aussie name is bunny. When I asked her if she meant like bugs bunny or playboy bunny her eyes lit up with her tatted on eye liner and she enthusiastically told me "yah playboy bunny for sure" in a thick American accent (US english accents are common with these guys and gals) Then asked me the same afternoon if I have a room to rent. Sadly I had to tell her that I don't think my girlfriend at the time would appreciate my generosity.
I know that the youngish generations of women over there can tend to aspire to have western boyfriends. Quite a few of the Aussie blokes and American teachers had stunning Korean girlfriends. But I think they're quite big on having respectability over there.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Planning on short stopover this year on way to Prague , staying overnight on Myeong-dong street (seems like most exciting place to stay in Seoul) and also have a planned 5 hour shore excursion on a Japan cruise stopover at Busan.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Never been, been all over Europe lol, just not there. Sorry I’ve been no help :yum: