How bullshit is Sydney water? Level 2 water restrictions

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sydney water authority to have level 2 water restrictions from tomorrow

How bullshit is this?

Local councils in Sydney keep pressing the demand on water by approving high density units and houses on itty bitty tiny blocks of land.

How much do councils contribute to the water infrustructure out of the extra rates they take in?

How much did they charge the greasy blokes that cram as many low quality units on a little block of land to put towards water infrustructure. They make a killer profit but make it worse for everyone else by increasing demands on water.

How can we increase demand on water but never invest on water infrustructure? Where is the planning? They all think to make a buck today but no regard for everyone else.

Our immigration policy to allow every man and his dog in to again place pressure on housing and demand on water infrustructure.

So tomorrow we can't wash our cars or water our yards? The threats of fines upto $220?

But I can pay a car wash to use water to wash my car? Because they are a business?what the hell is going on?

Before any water restrictions why should the Sydney water authority declare what their plans are for more infrustructure to support a growing Sydney ??

What are councils doing to provide money? Or just take in the extra rates..

Should we declare Sydney as full? No more contruction and increasing housing density until the infrustructure can support it.

The hell with em, I'm washing my car and watering my lawn.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As far as the car wash thing, you can’t expect small buisness’s to go broke do you
I’m pretty sure not washing your car at home or watering your lawn will kill you
We’ve been on those retricti9ns for months in the central west

But your right on the infrastructure etc
Need planning, need to do way more to insure enough water for this growing country

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
As far as the car wash thing, you can’t expect small buisness’s to go broke do you
I’m pretty sure not washing your car at home or watering your lawn will kill you
We’ve been on those retricti9ns for months in the central west

But your right on the infrastructure etc
Need planning, need to do way more to insure enough water for this growing country
Yep where I am we are on level 3 water restrictions.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sydney water authority to have level 2 water restrictions from tomorrow

How bullshit is this?

Local councils in Sydney keep pressing the demand on water by approving high density units and houses on itty bitty tiny blocks of land.

How much do councils contribute to the water infrustructure out of the extra rates they take in?

How much did they charge the greasy blokes that cram as many low quality units on a little block of land to put towards water infrustructure. They make a killer profit but make it worse for everyone else by increasing demands on water.

How can we increase demand on water but never invest on water infrustructure? Where is the planning? They all think to make a buck today but no regard for everyone else.

Our immigration policy to allow every man and his dog in to again place pressure on housing and demand on water infrustructure.

So tomorrow we can't wash our cars or water our yards? The threats of fines upto $220?

But I can pay a car wash to use water to wash my car? Because they are a business?what the hell is going on?

Before any water restrictions why should the Sydney water authority declare what their plans are for more infrustructure to support a growing Sydney ??

What are councils doing to provide money? Or just take in the extra rates..

Should we declare Sydney as full? No more contruction and increasing housing density until the infrustructure can support it.

The hell with em, I'm washing my car and watering my lawn.
I don't like argeeing with you on a great deal of things, but yes I would have to agree with you on this , I remember 30 years ago councils were telling people to get rid of water tanks ,my area 30 years ago was majority widows on a 1000sq block with no car fast forward and there's 5 units on these blocks and 20 cars council took the money for development applications they have town planners to combat this type of shit they will send 20 people 20 times a year to patch a broken water pipe which would take 10 people 1 week to fix permanently.
Fuck the *****

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't wait to bucket my lawn

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
This is actually a REALLY decent thread.

I honestly believe they should hit apartments/units with a much higher water and electricity rates (double or triple) to make up for the excess load on key utilities (water and electricity). Put that money straight into clean water projects like more desal plants, and alternative power options like nuclear.

Can't wait to bucket my lawn
Yeah I'm still trying to figure out how one can deep water a lawn (which is the recommended way to water a lawn) with a bucket.

Mowed my lawns today and gave them a really good hammering with the hose nozzle on soaker setting. That's gonna have to suffice, though that said the grass is looking pretty sad at the moment :( ... yet somehow the bloody weeds still grow just fine.

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
While you're here what's your opinion on this tv?

50" 4K Ultra HD TV for $379
  • Resolution: 3840 x 2160
  • Panel size: 49.5"
  • 4K – ultra high definition
  • HD tuner – high definition tuner
  • REC – record live TV
  • HDMI connectivity
  • USB media playback
  • ARC – Audio Return Channel
  • Easy remote included
  • Viewing angle: 178(H) x 178(V)
  • Ports: 1 x TV, 1 x YPbPr, 1 x CVBS/audio in, 4 x HDMI, 1 x optical, 2 x USB and 1 x line out
https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-...aturday-detail-wk50/ps/p/50-4k-ultra-hd-tv-1/

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Do you have to do that? I thought tap was ok just no hose.
Yh you can use the tap to fill it or a watering can with certain hours, but you can also collect water you use within the house and use it whenever you want.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is actually a REALLY decent thread.
Brings a tear to my eye that you finally see my threads on a quality perspective

I really feel the Australian public has been let down here

The nerve of the authorities to use phrases like love water, it's all in your hands and then say $220 penalties apply.

But they ignore the construction which is creating all the demand drain the water. Councils continue to hold their hand out for rates, allow ridiculous buildings on small land.

Also the stuff up at warragamba with the cracks in the dam that caused so much water loss.

Now all the neighbours have to play police on each other for those who wash their car.

Last edited:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While you're here what's your opinion on this tv?

50" 4K Ultra HD TV for $379
  • Resolution: 3840 x 2160
  • Panel size: 49.5"
  • 4K – ultra high definition
  • HD tuner – high definition tuner
  • REC – record live TV
  • HDMI connectivity
  • USB media playback
  • ARC – Audio Return Channel
  • Easy remote included
  • Viewing angle: 178(H) x 178(V)
  • Ports: 1 x TV, 1 x YPbPr, 1 x CVBS/audio in, 4 x HDMI, 1 x optical, 2 x USB and 1 x line out
https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-...aturday-detail-wk50/ps/p/50-4k-ultra-hd-tv-1/
If you must you must but just know it's going to be a dog eat dog situation at aldi. No refs, just a brutal street fight. Bring your mouth guard and knuckle dusters with you as you will have to knock a few blokes out (crack a few eggs) to get your tv omelet.

Another time at aldi I bought a Dyson and had to get a lady in an arm bar to make her let it go.

Last edited:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I blame the RENTERS!
You know I'd love to blame the renters, we know they are guilty of many things but on this occassion they are completely innocent .. (do they shower even less regularly?)

Last edited: