Addo car wants out

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haven't the Cows said they would still like LM and LM has indicated he would like to go there? Trouble is they cant fit him without shedding a couple and Jake Glanville has been offered up as one. I wouldn't mind helping them get Mitchell in return for say Glanville and Hess/Felt or Jordon Mclean..??

axeman23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Haven't the Cows said they would still like LM and LM has indicated he would like to go there? Trouble is they cant fit him without shedding a couple and Jake Glanville has been offered up as one. I wouldn't mind helping them get Mitchell in return for say Glanville and Hess/Felt or Jordon Mclean..??
I did like the idea of Granville, but didn't notice he was 30 already. Jordan Mclean could also be interesting for the right price. Not sold on Hess myself, and Feldt I could go either way on, again I guess largely depending on price/ROI...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I did like the idea of Granville, but didn't notice he was 30 already. Jordan Mclean could also be interesting for the right price. Not sold on Hess myself, and Feldt I could go either way on, again I guess largely depending on price/ROI...
Would take Drinkwater and Feldt

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would take Drinkwater and Feldt
Yes, both opinions have merit, but more importantly how nice is it to talk about players other than Mr I want overs and fullback and captain, respect me bitch I am the next "Man" Mitchell...

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Two years ago. Five years ago before that.
I was there twice in the 90s, including a few years after the curtain was raised. Listened to some incredible musicians and singers in some of the old churches in Prague, just seemed to be playing on random evenings. What did you think of the place? I'm thinking of revisiting but am worried its become too touristy.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was there twice in the 90s, including a few years after the curtain was raised. Listened to some incredible musicians and singers in some of the old churches in Prague, just seemed to be playing on random evenings. What did you think of the place? I'm thinking of revisiting but am worried its become too touristy.
Very touristy; crowded from July to September. But still affordable to stay. It is a very neat and lovely city - and one you can easily walk around. If you avoid the main attractions during the middle of the day it is fine.

I'd recommend a dinner cruise on the river. Also take the metro to Vysehrad and visit the Basilica of Sts Peter and Paul (Petra a Pavla) -the church is worth the visit, especially if the organ is playing, and the cemetery is fascinating. Dvorak is entombed there.

If you're travelling in and out the republic by rail - make a reservation, the long distance trains are often full.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Very touristy; crowded from July to September. But still affordable to stay. It is a very neat and lovely city - and one you can easily walk around. If you avoid the main attractions during the middle of the day it is fine.

I'd recommend a dinner cruise on the river. Also take the metro to Vysehrad and visit the Basilica of Sts Peter and Paul (Petra a Pavla) -the church is worth the visit, especially if the organ is playing, and the cemetery is fascinating. Dvorak is entombed there.

If you're travelling in and out the republic by rail - make a reservation, the long distance trains are often full.
Sweet, now I want to go back even more. I don't recall there being any dinner cruises 20+ years ago, but it makes a lot of sense. I loved how easy it was to walk the city. I walked for hours choosing random streets and finding little pubs and restaurants or old churches or specialty shops. I'm a bit of a history nut so also looking at tours of Karlstejn castle, Terezin, and the Jewish quarter, not to mention some of the museums, and will add Vysehrad and the Basilica to my list. Will look into Dvorak, on my earlier visits I tracked some of the story of Jan Hus.

And let's be honest, also want to go for the beer and dumplings...

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sweet, now I want to go back even more. I don't recall there being any dinner cruises 20+ years ago, but it makes a lot of sense. I loved how easy it was to walk the city. I walked for hours choosing random streets and finding little pubs and restaurants or old churches or specialty shops. I'm a bit of a history nut so also looking at tours of Karlstejn castle, Terezin, and the Jewish quarter, not to mention some of the museums, and will add Vysehrad and the Basilica to my list. Will look into Dvorak, on my earlier visits I tracked some of the story of Jan Hus.

And let's be honest, also want to go for the beer and dumplings...
The beer and dumplings are the best. When I was a kid in the 1950s I had a friend who was a refugee from Czechoslovakia. His uncle owned a restaurant at Watsons Bay, and we'd go and visit him on Sundays when the restaurant was closed. He would cook up traditional meals, including the dumplings. Fast forward to 2012 and I was in a restaurant in Prague, bit into a dumpling, and it transported me back to that ten year old kid in Watsons Bay. Funny how things like that happen.

Incidentally, I love the trams in Prague. Just over the Charles Bridge is an historic arch that is only wide enough for one track, and the tramlines come almost together so both tracks can squeeze through - it's what they call gauntlet track. Fun to watch the trams thread their way through the arch. A bit like watching the clocks on Swiss railway stations, with their 58 second sweep. Seems trivial, but gets everyone glued to watching.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not sure if it's mentioned here but Addo-Carr got a trial with the Bulldogs at 20's via Solomone Haumono.

We offered him a contract the next day after he scored a few tries in the trial. He waited a week and trialled with Cronulla and carved up aswell and got an offer from them too.

They sat down and looked at what club had the easier pathway to first grade and picked Cronulla.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He has been at a few clubs.

spreviously played for the Wests Tigers in the National Rugby League. Addo-Carr won the 2017 NRL Premiership with the Storm. He played for NSW City and helped New South Wales win the 2018 State of Origin in his Origin debut series.

Addo-Carr was born in Blacktown, New South Wales, Australia and is of Aboriginal descent.[5]
Addo-Carr first picked up a football playing for the Doonside Roos as a three-year-old, before his family moved to Earlwood, New South Wales, where he began playing rugby league for the Earlwood Saints.[6]
Addo-Carr attended Matraville Sports High School as a teenager and played his junior rugby league for the La Perouse Panthers and Moore Park. In 2012, Addo-Carr played with the South Sydney Rabbitohs SG Ball team before being released due to an off-field incident.[7] He was then signed by the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks.
Addo-Carr is the grandson of Australian former boxer Wally Carr,[1] who died in 2019[citation needed]

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure if it's mentioned here but Addo-Carr got a trial with the Bulldogs at 20's via Solomone Haumono.
Off topic:
I had forgotten about 'ol Solomone! I remember working at a hotel and we had his girlfriend at the time, Gabriel "the pleasure machine" Richins stay with us for some time... damn she was hot! Nice girl too.
Perhaps one for the Older women who are hot thread?Screenshot_20191209-120613.jpg

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Off topic:
I had forgotten about 'ol Solomone! I remember working at a hotel and we had his girlfriend at the time, Gabriel "the pleasure machine" Richins stay with us for some time... damn she was hot! Nice girl too.
Perhaps one for the Older women who are hot thread?View attachment 12227
Didn't she pretty much help destroy his footy career along with Mundine? Pretty sure he also took off with her to England without letting anyone know as he wanted out of his Bulldogs contract. Again Mundine being a rat.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't she pretty much help destroy his footy career along with Mundine? Pretty sure he also took off with her to England without letting anyone know as he wanted out of his Bulldogs contract. Again Mundine being a rat.
Basically yes... destroyed his career..

ahh women...

Malla

Reaction score
No need to break the bank for either of these players

All we need is someone good enough to ensure Holland and Montoya never play first grade again - the rest of the backline is fine.

See how Sione and JMK go at hooker but thats what we need to address first and of course sort out Forans contract and if we can fuck him off.