Raelene Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.

axeman23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don’t know, she could be very smart!!!
Looks likely Rugby Australia will have to give her a big bag full of money to get rid of her. Probably not as big as the bag full of money she just gave Folau, but still plenty big.
They already gave a big bag of money to get rid of Folau, does she really deserve a golden hand-shake?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
They already gave a big bag of money to get rid of Folau, does she really deserve a golden hand-shake?
No....but that's what I'm saying.
Fuck up big enough and they give you money to go away.
Rae Rae will be whistling all the way to the bank before long.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
People like Castle are the perfect example of that one person in every office who you look at and just say "How the frk did that person end up so senior".

They must have some dirty photos of someone, coz there's no reason why they should be where they are.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
How did she get the job? I heard she sent Ray Dib a very naughty Snapchat and he promised to employ her if she never did that again! Rumor has it that this photo of Dib was taken the very moment he opened said Snapchat...

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Raelene is a snake oil salesman. Her specialty is regressing organizations back to the stone age as evidenced by the fine work she did at the dogs & RA

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I truly believe that we would not be where we are now had Raelene not been CEO.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This gives you her background and why she probably got the Bulldogs job: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/a-...ga-link-to-steve-mortimer-20130529-2nc4d.html

Prior to that (source: https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2017/12/12/raelene-castle-timeline):
1991 - 1999 Castle's first major job came at printing company Fuji Xerox, where she was the marketing manager for eight years.
2003 - 2004 Her next role was a communication managers job at Bank of New Zealand.
2005 - 2007 Castle then moved to Telecom New Zealand, where she ran the business marketing department for two years.
2007 - 2013 CEO of Netball NZ
2013 - 2017 CEO of NRL Bulldogs
2017 - 20?? CEO of Rugby Australia

From memory the real clusterfuck surrounding the Bulldogs wasn't realised in it's enormity until she left.
Sounds like a case of fake it til you make it

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I truly believe that we would not be where we are now had Raelene not been CEO.
Dib and Hasler had more to do with the poor decisions in every possible facet of running a football team. She was just their mouthpiece.

Hopeless for sure and out of her depth, but I dont blame her for any of the decisions that left us in this dire situation.

On the other hand if we had of had a good operator CEO, how would their relationship with Dib and Hasler have gone over those 5 years.

Total stuff up all round...what were the yes men/women on the Board doing as well.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
How did she get the job? I heard she sent Ray Dib a very naughty Snapchat and he promised to employ her if she never did that again! Rumor has it that this photo of Dib was taken the very moment he opened said Snapchat...

And coming from his ugly mug that’s saying something lol

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This gives you her background and why she probably got the Bulldogs job: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/a-...ga-link-to-steve-mortimer-20130529-2nc4d.html

Prior to that (source: https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2017/12/12/raelene-castle-timeline):
1991 - 1999 Castle's first major job came at printing company Fuji Xerox, where she was the marketing manager for eight years.
2003 - 2004 Her next role was a communication managers job at Bank of New Zealand.
2005 - 2007 Castle then moved to Telecom New Zealand, where she ran the business marketing department for two years.
2007 - 2013 CEO of Netball NZ
2013 - 2017 CEO of NRL Bulldogs
2017 - 20?? CEO of Rugby Australia

From memory the real clusterfuck surrounding the Bulldogs wasn't realised in it's enormity until she left.
100% spot on ... she jumped before the ship really started to sink.

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
She certainly does possess the Fecal Touch.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Salary Cap? What Salary Cap?

Deer in headlights...

Some talk that Rae's tenure at RA will come up at Monday's RA board meeting.
Denied of course by the outgoing Chairman.
When it's said 'The CEO has the full support of the board' - they've got maybe a week.
We'll see.

Attachments

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Once you get high up you stay there. When I was working at one of our large Telcos, I would routinely see directors fk shit up and suddenly disappear... Only to emerge at other rival companies in similar roles.

Lots of the time a company will talk someone up to have them move on.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
For the same reason she got the dogs job

Status
Not open for further replies.