News Bulldogs in hunt for Fifita but Broncos in box seat

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOLLLLL dumbest comment iv'e read in this forum so far this year!
Said the ding bat that runs around saying LOLLLL and calls themself superman.. Go stick Ur head in a toilet bowl and flush it down where it belongs with the other crap in the world.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm convinced Pay won't play Jackson at lock because he wants him on the field for the 80 as captain. Tolman and Napa as starting props also doesn't really help the situation, lacks the punch you want from a proper frontrow combo and doesn't really allow Jackson to play to his strengths through the middle.
yeah it looks like Pay is against Jacko at lock but I'm hoping having both Stimson and CHN changes that. Our front row does lack a lot so I'm hoping Renouf can become a starter after a month or two.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
yeah it looks like Pay is against Jacko at lock but I'm hoping having both Stimson and CHN changes that. Our front row does lack a lot so I'm hoping Renouf can become a starter after a month or two.
Yh that has to be the goal with To'omaga and RFM next season, but Pay really needs to give them more minutes off the bench first to see how far we can push them and not just persist with toilers that offer no real running threat. Yh Stimson and CHN on edges is a no brainer, if not then idk why we even recruited Stimson.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Said the ding bat that runs around saying LOLLLL and calls themself superman.. Go stick Ur head in a toilet bowl and flush it down where it belongs with the other crap in the world.
You take the cake for the dumbest comments on here .. there’s 3 or 4 others who would definitely give you a run for your money but at this point I’d say you’re still in front for stupid shit written in this forum.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is my pack/bench
13) jacko
12)stimson
11) chn
10)renouf t
9) jmk
8)tols
Bench -naps/elliott/rfm/sue or katoa

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm convinced Pay won't play Jackson at lock because he wants him on the field for the 80 as captain. Tolman and Napa as starting props also doesn't really help the situation, lacks the punch you want from a proper frontrow combo and doesn't really allow Jackson to play to his strengths through the middle.
Agree and lock is his best position. It may be unpopular but I think Jackson would be better without the captaincy. He has not been the same player since he became captain. DWZ or Hoppa would be my choice

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You take the cake for the dumbest comments on here .. there’s 3 or 4 others who would definitely give you a run for your money but at this point I’d say you’re still in front for stupid shit written in this forum.
You ever heard of the saying Intelligence appears as stupidity to the idiot? Anyways thanks for the entertainment... moron. Sorry I take that back dendendedennn SUPERMORON!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1FB13608-AD9D-47AD-967D-6DED620AE6D7.gif

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree and lock is his best position. It may be unpopular but I think Jackson would be better without the captaincy. He has not been the same player since he became captain. DWZ or Hoppa would be my choice
Jackson was the obvious pick at the time, not sure how stripping him of it would go even though he hasn't really handled it.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You ever heard of the saying Intelligence appears as stupidity to the idiot? Anyways thanks for the entertainment... moron. Sorry I take that back dendendedennn SUPERMORON!
What a stupid reply .. AGAIN

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Can't see Jackson playling lock.
Also Katoa will be in the 17.
8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. Napa
11. CHN
12. Jackson
13. Elliott

14. Katoa
15. Toomaga
16. RFM
17. Stimson

Is probably most likely. Small chance for Smith over Stimson. I think Pay will show some loyalty and go with what we had last year to start. When we run into problems he'll start mixing it up a bit.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. Napa
11. CHN
12. Jackson
13. Elliott

14. Katoa
15. Toomaga
16. RFM
17. Stimson

Is probably most likely. Small chance for Smith over Stimson. I think Pay will show some loyalty and go with what we had last year to start. When we run into problems he'll start mixing it up a bit.
Whose going to replace Elliot at lock? Surely Stimson didn't come over to play through the middle... Unless Jacko reverts to lock and Stimson takes an edge when he comes on which is stupid in my opinion.

Jacko is a worry tbh if he wants a pricey 4 yr contract considering we have some great young kids we want to keep coming through who will easily slot into his position. Only go for me is a contract worth 550k a yr for 4 yrs as he will revert to the bench in his 3rd and 4th year.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Whose going to replace Elliot at lock? Surely Stimson didn't come over to play through the middle... Unless Jacko reverts to lock and Stimson takes an edge when he comes on which is stupid in my opinion.

Jacko is a worry tbh if he wants a pricey 4 yr contract considering we have some great young kids we want to keep coming through who will easily slot into his position. Only go for me is a contract worth 550k a yr for 4 yrs as he will revert to the bench in his 3rd and 4th year.
I can see 11. CHN, 12. Stimson, 13. Jackson and 17. Elliott if we're struggling. If you mean during the game I think Stimson will be in the Lock rotation and possibly get some extra minutes replacing CHN towards the back end of a game. If he's not going to play in the middle then I'd have Smith on the bench or don't run with a utility (Katoa) and carry Stimson on the bench (again taking minutes off CHN).

I would re-sign Jackson on a two to three year extension anywhere between 600-700k. I'll be honest I don't know much about the kids coming through. Topine has made some noise tho.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can see 11. CHN, 12. Stimson, 13. Jackson and 17. Elliott if we're struggling. If you mean during the game I think Stimson will be in the Lock rotation and possibly get some extra minutes replacing CHN towards the back end of a game. If he's not going to play in the middle then I'd have Smith on the bench or don't run with a utility (Katoa) and carry Stimson on the bench (again taking minutes off CHN).

I would re-sign Jackson on a two to three year extension anywhere between 600-700k. I'll be honest I don't know much about the kids coming through. Topine has made some noise tho.
Agreed chn and stinson need to be our 2nd rowers jacko has to play lock

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I hate the idea of giving your edge forwards a break and disturbing your defensive structures tbh.. The beauty with having Elliot and Jacko rotating at lock is they both give you plenty of impact in shorter stints whilst keeping the team settled.

Jacko's going onto 29... This is probably his last contract at the dogs so im guessing he wants a minimum 3-4.

Doorey is next in line and he might get a run in 1st grade this yr. Then we have Pitova and Topine a couple of years later.. All future backrowers and leaders that we will find hard to hold onto which is why we need all the cap space we can get our hands on. @Spoonman84 will fill you in if his available for comment.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Way too generous. Jacko been an excellent servant to the club but the past 2 seasons has started off very slow and has the recurring shoulder problem now. 2-3 years $500,000 for mine. He has gotten overs for some time and it's now time to pare that back.

Sadly we have a James Graham scenario coming up with Tolman and Jacko, but that's footy. Lifetime jobs at the Dogs as compo.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. Napa
11. CHN
12. Jackson
13. Elliott

14. Katoa
15. Toomaga
16. RFM
17. Stimson

I'd hope not. Stimson must've been brought in to add something. Why play him from the bench?
Elliott should be 17 - whilst he improved at the back-end of 2019 (as did the whole team) - I don't think he's done enough to earn a starting spot in 2020 with new recruits having arrived.
Agree Katoa should in the 17 - backup for JMK and utility to cover interchange/injury.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Way too generous. Jacko been an excellent servant to the club but the past 2 seasons has started off very slow and has the recurring shoulder problem now. 2-3 years $500,000 for mine. He has gotten overs for some time and it's now time to pare that back.

Sadly we have a James Graham scenario coming up with Tolman and Jacko, but that's footy. Lifetime jobs at the Dogs as compo.
I hear ya, but I think 3 years too long.
He'll be 30 when he starts any new contract in 2021 - and as you pointed out, injuries are starting to bite.
2 years tops, so can maybe bump his bucks a little higher for a shorter stint. Plus won't we get some cost relief for him given 2021 would be his 10th year?
Great servant, hope he stays a one club man - would love to see him win a comp before he retires.