Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck yes..!!! 2004 was magical :hearteyes:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That team was absolutely relentless... I have to hand it to all the other teams who had to come up against these guys... there would have been some sore bodies after every game... I wonder how many premiership teams of the 2000s would have beaten us if they versed us in 2004!

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think im gonna cry , what have we become.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
What about that hit that involved Mason, Maitua & SBW... the forwards where so hungry and dominant during that time it was unreal...
the line speed in every tackle is insane... I remember watching that and thinking, how the heck did Saints last the full 80 :tearsofjoy:.. sometimes I forget how good Reni was in his prime

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
the line speed in every tackle is insane... I remember watching that and thinking, how the heck did Saints last the full 80 :tearsofjoy:.. sometimes I forget how good Reni was in his prime
Very talented..... recruitment where on fire then...

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Very talented..... recruitment where on fire then...
Was a very tight group from staff down.. some of the lesser known names from that squad would have been just about the best players in a lot of the other teams... I thought Ben Harris had an awesome season, especially during the finals... I know our squad has a long way to go, but I am liking the fact that the team seems happy and they are all willing to put the extra effort in for each other... that's the key to future success

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am not crying, fuck off. I have been peeling onions for dinner.

The big names always stand out, but how good was Grimaldi, Perry and Willie Tonga that year.. And even the bloke that "cost us" Thurston. I think Anasta's best year was 2004 outside Shifty and when he was around Rene, Mason, Bobcat and Shrek. Asotasi and $BW....

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was doing some spring cleaning the other day & found a DVD of the 2004 grand final wanted to watch it but because it was so fucking long ago I've got nothing to play it on anymore lol

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was doing some spring cleaning the other day & found a DVD of the 2004 grand final wanted to watch it but because it was so fucking long ago I've got nothing to play it on anymore lol
DVD..., is that a millennial term for Betacord? I have a spare one if you need it.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

The big names always stand out, but how good was Grimaldi, Perry and Willie Tonga that year.. And even the bloke that "cost us" Thurston. I think Anasta's best year was 2004 outside Shifty and when he was around Rene, Mason, Bobcat and Shrek. Asotasi and $BW....

hell yeah... there were some guys in that team who if they were playing today with that form would be easily making rep teams and the rest.. as I stated above, Ben Harris was awesome for us that year as well... Grimaldi and Perry were great

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Humble and hungry.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still hanging onto the past. Where the new parra and st george.
In fact they could put up years of that shit compared to us and we run them down.