Movie Discussion

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Knight Before Christmas

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10060094/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

A medieval English knight is magically transported to the present day where he falls for a high school science teacher who is disillusioned by love.

This is your typical time-traveler-who-struggles-to-adapt-to-modern-life movie, except it's set around Christmas time, and has a romance thrown into the mix. Entertaining for a one-off, but not much more than that.

6/10.
Hudgens used to be so hawt .

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Blockers

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2531344/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Three parents try to stop their daughters from losing their virginity on prom night.

If the movie poster doesn't give it away, the acting sure does. This movie blows. The girls in the movie are hideously ugly, you think them losing their virginity on the night of the prom would be a mission. In fact the only one who's half decent looking turns out to be a lesbian in this movie. Can't unrecommend this movie enough.

2/10 (and that's being generous).
I like John Cena, particularly for his charity work, but I'm screen he has the potential to be the next Rock. But not doing this shite....

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I like John Cena, particularly for his charity work, but I'm screen he has the potential to be the next Rock. But not doing this shite....
Man I think when Cena acts in movies he is more wooden than a wooden door crafted and reinforced with extra wood by a carpenter named after the actor Edward Woodward who lives and works in the suburb of Wood Park..

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Man I think when Cena acts in movies he is more wooden than a wooden door crafted and reinforced with extra wood by a carpenter named after the actor Edward Woodward who lives and works in the suburb of Wood Park..
So, just like the Rock then?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To be honest I prefer Cena out of those two.. :D
Wrestlers don't have any business becoming actors. They typically just play the same part of the arrogant or overly cocky character.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wrestlers don't have any business becoming actors. They typically just play the same part of the arrogant or overly cocky character.
Oh man what about Hulk Hogan's movies and tv shows he did lol. Classic acting skills!!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh man what about Hulk Hogan's movies and tv shows he did lol. Classic acting skills!!
I can honestly say that none of his movies or TV shows stick in my memory although I'm sure I've seen some.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can honestly say that none of his movies or TV shows stick in my memory although I'm sure I've seen some.
Don't worry, they were all terrible just like his acting skills lol.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Knives Out

A really good whodunit. It's a classic story - an old man (Christopher Plummer) murdered in a huge manour, a bunch of family members all with motive etc.

Some great twists and turns and great characters. Only gripe is that i didn't warm to Daniel Craig's southern drawl (or as one character calls him "Foghorn Leghorn"). He could have done the same thing as a Brit TBH, or maybe a fruity European accent.

8/10.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Assassination+Games+2011+Poster.jpg

Vincent Brazil and Roland Flint are the two best assassins in the world - but unknown to each other. These two rival assassins form an uneasy alliance to take down a target, which is backed by dirty Interpol Agents.

Jcvd has always been my favourite b grade action guy, and he's proven that even though most of one's filmography can stink worse than a skunk trapped in Buzz rothfields colon, he can produce the goods when he wants to.
This is one of his better efforts.
Solid acting for a b grade flick, good choreography and a great late movie to watch with some friends.

3/5

@Wahesh this one's right up your alley

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe i just watched Star Wars in the Machete order.. I have to say it worked well.. the big reveals..ie Palpatine was the Sith Lord..and Darth Vader was Luke’s father..were kept surprise in that order..they didn’t cancel each other out..only spoiler in that order was Luke and Leia were siblings. In terms of the narrative it unfolded much better.. I think I may look at Phantom Menace..not sure yet..

Ps..I’m loving The Mandalorian! :grimacing: